[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is bulimia the answer? I just want to eat and eat without getting fat.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

File: 1451956342782.jpg (15KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1451956342782.jpg
15KB, 256x192px
Is bulimia the answer?
I just want to eat and eat without getting fat.
>>
Look up Healthy at Every Size. Body positivity and intuitive eating is more important than body mass.
>>
>>7306605
Starve yourself enough to earn your feasts. The hunger will also make your food taste better.
>>
Yeah, just don't make it a habit. I don't recommend throwing up salsa and vinegary foods, they leave the worst aftertaste even after brushing your teeth 10 times.
>>
if you want hair loss from nutrient deficiency, shitty rotten teeth, damage to your oesophagus/oesophagal cancer and heart problems/seizures due to electrolyte imbalances then be my fucking guest

or develop an ounce of self control an stop stuffing your disgusting fat face like an impulsive manchild.
>>
>>7306605
Sorry anon, you were born maybe 50 years too early.

In the future, people will be able tweak their metabolism and repair the pleasure centers of their brains with safe medications.
>>
>>7306615
Ayyy
>>
>>7306615
>HAES
lol, no
>>
don't eat fatty food. bulimia will kill you.
>>
>>7306660
>implying we're not all nutrient deficient
>implying cancer isn't just genetic
>implying we don't lose our hair due to stress
>implying we don't have heart problems due to our drug/alcohol abuse
>>
>>7306605

Don't be a faggot and learn how to make foods that are not calorie dense more palatable.

i.e be a better cook.
>>
>>7307130
Kinda this. If you want to eat until you feel full without getting fat eat lots of foods high in vegetable fiber. It takes more effort to make these foods delicious, but it can be done.
>>
I'd say yes.
Make sure you eat well and healthy stuff that you don't throw up.
Then, after you've had all your nutrients/calories that you require, go nuts and eat whatever you like then immediately throw it up.
I don't see any problems with this.
>>
you could exercise.
>>
>>7307177
lol...
>>
>>7307071
>trying to justify being damaged goods
>>
>>7307221
I don't even bulimic, but it's stupid to think that only x or y gives you those things.
>>
Start lifting and become a hulking man mountain
>>
>>7306605
Do you exercise?
>>
I honestly think it has nothing to do with food.

I eat pure garbage nonstop every day and I'm still crazy skinny.

My girlfriend on the other hand never eats (when she does it's like a kale salad), and she's pretty fat
>>
>>7307278
how's high school?
>>
>>7306605
I'm bulimic. Fucked up my esophagus and now I sound like female Batman. Not great. Also got heart murmur from it. Again, not great.
But I can polish off a buffet while still fitting in my jeans so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>7307334
typical woman
and they want equal pay lmao
>>
>>7306605
go visit a shrink.
>>
>>7306605
Just work out you lazy sack of shit. You'll be able to eat and get the nutrients you need, and keep fit at the same time.
>>
>>7306605
It's called exercise and healthy eating mate. I'm a very small woman with a fucking pathetic TDEE and I still get to eat food I think tastes great pretty much all day long while still maintaining quite low weight and bf%. Medically underweight, in fact. Just lift heavy on a schedule, do lots of cardio, and eat food that isn't garbage. If you stop eating insanely sugary/salty/oily food for like a week, the other food will start tasting good as fuck.

If you're a man over 5'6 you probably don't even need to eat healthy. Lift heavy, do cardio, and you'll probably look alright even while eating calorie dense foods.
>>
>>7306615
HAES? More like sex at every size. Only reason HAES exists is to allow a double standard for fat girls to expect positive attention from fit, attractive men rather than the male hamplanets they deserve.

I suppose there's also a small percentage of HAES advocates who are just tired of their doctors recommending they not eat themselves into an early grave.
>>
>>7307343
who needs equal pay when I can leech off of dumbasses begging for skinny, damaged pussy?
>>
File: 1453360911075.png (164KB, 446x453px) Image search: [Google]
1453360911075.png
164KB, 446x453px
>>7306605
Its called exercise you ticklish fuck.
>>
>>7307371
>lift heavy
So more weight but fewer reps?
>>
>>7306605
Enjoy your esophagus cancer
>>
>>7306654
This can backfire if you're lazy. I only eat about 300 calories during the day, so when i get to dinner I'll eat literally anything and there's not much drive to make good food.

Last night I had 4 whole tomatoes, a quart of milk, and a plain ham sandwich.
>>
File: 2743547777.png (578KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
2743547777.png
578KB, 512x384px
Just eat bell peppers. Whenever you have a craving replace it with a bell pepper.
>>
Might sound weird, but just chew and then spit it out. You'll get the full taste with hardly any calories.
>>
>>7307553
You don't actually get the full taste if you don't employ the swallowing motion, and this is about as bad an eating disorder as bulimia anyway.
>>
>>7306605
Try this, anon:
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>>
>>7307463
>4 whole tomatoes
How the fuck can you stomach just plain tomatoes? I couldn't handle all that juice and tomato pulp alone. I also had a bad experience with plain tomatoes as a kid so maybe that has something to do with it
>>
>>7307641
I cut them into quarters and sprinkle with red wine vinegar and salt
>>
>>7307520
but the inside of bell peppers looks scary
>>
>>7307553
I do this while cutting weight, spit it in a bottle like chewing tobacco.
>>
How fucking hard is it for people on this board to just do some fucking exercise?

Is everyone here fat?
>>
I'm bulimic. I just ate Thai food, an omelet, and some other shit. I have to purge and it sucks, but I can't keep the food down.

I can tell you that food loses it's best qualities when you use it as a tool for self destruction. I don't properly enjoy any food because all it is is a trigger for me to eat more and more so I can fill up and get it out. It's just a compulsion now.

If you can keep it from fucking up your mind, you can just eat to enjoy it and then get out what you want, but that's a big risk. I'm trying to but I can't at all beat this shit right now, it's driving me crazy.
>>
>>7307765
Don't want to get fat. It much easier to create a caloric deficit by reducing the calories you eat.

I do work out too, but I don't workout for 4 hours a day.
>>
>>7307765
I would guess that this board has more fat people than any other board. On the other hand there's a good bit of fit people as well.
>>
>>7307765

You're surprised the fastfood and alcoholism board has fat people?

/ck/ seems to have gotten fatter over the last few years, we used to have more anorexia threads a couple years back and as everybody knows bulimia is anorexia for fat people
>>
>>7306615
>>7306615
>>7306615
>>7306615
>HAES

You're kidding right? Someone who's 200kg of pure grease isn't healthy you fucking nigger.
>>
You'll scar your esophagus. Then much of what you eat will start getting stuck in there. It's quite painful.
>>
Low caloric density is the answer, also drink more water. I don't believe at all in the genetic propensity for obesity bullshit, however I think your upbringing does determine your appetite - I was never fat, but our family loved to have huge dinners and small lunches and small breakfasts, I naturally came to appreciate eating large amounts of food in a single go.

These days, regardless of the amount of energy I'm meant to be eating, I can enjoy a huge dinner because I can just fill it up with beans, steamed vegetables and rice with some sort of meat. That's a huge amount of food for little caloric density.
>>
>>7307803

>Fat shaming

I just want to have my cake and eat it too you bigot stop oppressing me
>>
I used to be anorexic, I was living off maybe 300-500 calories for almost a year before being hospitalized for a month. I never purged though, even when I tried throwing up was just too difficult me.

The patients at the hospital who were bulimic had a much harder time recovering than those who were just restricting their calories. They often had digestive issues and weren't physically able to keep food down, even after weeks of treatment. And I've heard that your esophagus and teeth also get fucked up, but I didn't snog with any hot bulimic girls to notice.

Nowadays thankfully there's no evidence or side effects of my healthy uneating habits all those years ago, but I'm not sure I'd be able to say the same if I had been bulimic instead.
>>
>>7307833
Fuck off fatass, stop triggering my slender body.
>>
>>7307834
Did you lift? Sickening permabulk gains I hope
>>
>>7307835

>Implying you aren't a skeleton

Only dogs are into bones, you're just jealous that real men want my curves, I bet you're a friend of Ana
>>
I was 80 pounds at one point, and I'm 5'2. Was threated to be hospitalized and went up to about 110 and stayed that way for about 2 years while feeling fat as fuck. Then I was put on a medication that bumped me up to 140 pounds, I went off it but the weight never left even though I was eating the same amount of food as I always have, it was the lack of exercise that made me weight never go down. Exercise is the key I think.
>>
Bulimia won't get rid of the cholesterol clogging up your arteries. Just east fatty foods sparingly and focus on lean meats.
>>
File: 1443348800361.jpg (179KB, 1080x1204px) Image search: [Google]
1443348800361.jpg
179KB, 1080x1204px
No, calorie restriction and not fucking eating garbage all day is.

You get hungry because your body needs proteins, calories, and other nutrients. If you are constantly very hungry then it's a strong indication that your body is lacking something (proteins, vitamins, etc).

If you are concerned about turning into a 200 KG ultra fat fuck then just do the following:

>Drink a glass of water (500ml) before and after a meal, do not drink soda or juices with food (they contain calories)
Your stomach has a volume capacity limit of about 2 liters before you start vomiting everywhere. Filling half of this space with water will literally reduce the severity of the hunger you will feel.

Many Ameriturds can consume almost 1,000 calories from soda alone.

>Eat enough proteins a day
Your body will panic if it doesn't eat enough proteins during the day and make you very hungry. Proteins are needed all over the body including the brain (neurotransmitters) so it's crucially important you eat at least 0.8 per KG of body weight (64 grams for an 80KG person). Protein is found in milk/cheese, eggs, and meats mostly.

Not getting enough proteins during the day will cause your body to make you hungrier than usual and it will be forced to eat you for proteins (muscles). All of this causes you to be very tired during the day and makes you weak over time. In severe cases it causes many illnesses and eventually death (which is why anorexia is looked down upon).

>Eat some god damn fruit and vegetables
The body also requires many vitamins and minerals it cannot find in meat. Fruit and vegetables also supply fiber which is necessary for a healthy digestive system.
>>
>>7307865
Additionally:

>Do NOT expect to lose weight by exercising
exercising is meant to make you stronger and endure physical stress longer. Just walking on a treadmill for 20 minutes will barely burn 100 calories, it's fucking nothing. Calorie restriction is the only way you will ever lose weight. Find out what your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and only eat that while eating enough proteins, you are guaranteed to drop ~2KG of weight each month.
>>
>>7307867
Try running on the treadmill.
>>
>>7307841
Now I do, but I only started in the last two years or so. When I was recovering pretty much any exercise was banned (when I was in the hospital you were either bed or wheelchair-bound until maybe the last 3 days you were there) even if I was eating right because my heart was still so frail.
>>
>>7307880
While running does burn more calories, it's an unrealistic goal for most. Most will spend half an hour at best walking and call it quits. Especially those obese
>>
>>7307867
>>7307891
How the hell is running an unrealistic goal? This is something you hear fat people say. They make all kinds of excuses.
>>
>>7307954
not him but he's right. Running is an unrealistic goal for those obese. Anybody with a BMI over 30 can't fucking run, period. Even if they forced themselves to it could cause injury to their joints. Somebody with an BMI of less than 30 could safely run as an exercise but most people are lazy and should just stick to a calorie restriction to not get fat.
>>
10 year male bulimic here. Feel free to AMA

Maybe ill make a thread
>>
>>7308174
I am starting to have bullimic tendencies, e.g. stuffing myself knowingly then feeling like shit and feeling ill. I sometimes vomit but whithout forcing myself, it comes naturally.

How fucked am I? Therapy now?
>>
>>7308230

Sounds like youre on your way to bulimia. I usually get super stressed, eat a fuck ton, then puke it all up. I wouldnt call it a high, but its a big relief.
>>
>>7308264
Lol fuck. I will try listen to my body more. I heard positive injunction works way better than negative injunction. As in "listen to your stomach" rayther than "dont eat that much"
>>
>>7308280

Its an addiction like anything else. Its a slippery slope and i never thought id see myself with thinning hair, chipped teeth, and fucked up eyes. Im also an alcoholic.
>>
>>7308293
Fuuuck with have a nice history of addiction in my family. Older brother used to be a drug addict and an annorexic.
If I slip again I guess it will be time to go to the shrink again ;-;

I hope you hang on anon. You got any plan to get better?
>>
>>7308303

Id like to. Bulimia just seems to be a part of me at this point. I went to the doctor when i was 17 and told him about it. He said hed book an appointment with a professional and he never called. Ive never asked for help since. I did get put on something like valium to deal with anxiety after going on drinking benders. Id just take a bunch and drink more. I was sober for 150 days but relapsed around the holidays. I stopped drinking when i started to piss and shit blood
>>
>>7308317
Damn that must have been some hardcore binge. Never got that far but I can sure as hell understand the spiral-like descent.
It's never too late to heal man. My brother died stupidly but might have as well survived, so could you. 150 days is a shitload, kudo for that.

Therapy helped me back then, Maybe it could work for you!
>>
>>7307241
yeah, and non-smokers can also get lung cancer. what's your point?
>>
>>7308330

Thanks anon. Ill have to seriously consider it at some point
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.