[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best tasting ground coffee you can buy in a store?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: A_fucking_cup_of_coffee.jpg (297KB, 1294x1176px) Image search: [Google]
A_fucking_cup_of_coffee.jpg
297KB, 1294x1176px
What is the best tasting ground coffee you can buy in a store? I see Maxwell House, Folgers, Hills Bros, and then more expensive ground coffees like Peet's and Starbucks further down the aisle.

Which is the most tasty?
>>
File: bustelo.png (167KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
bustelo.png
167KB, 300x500px
>>7305802
>>
Eight O'Clock Coffee, Original

It's inconsistent and cheap, it's never bad but sometimes it's really good.
>>
buy whole bean and have it ground

it's the freshness that makes coffee bod or bad
>>
>>7305807

my nigga.
they make k cups now but they're oddly more expensive than this G.O.A.T right here.
>>
McDonald's brand. Not even memeing.
>>
>>7305802

Chock full o nuts.
>>
>>7305812
My nigga. I've found their "French Roast" and "Dark Italian Espresso" most to my liking. Some of the best I've bought right off the shelf.
>>
>>7306012

Aw yissss. My vote is for this as well.
>>
>>7306012
I have heard people say of all the shit coffee you can buy in the store, this one tastes the best, uses all Arabica beans where similiar priced brands dont
>>
>>7305802
Peet's Major Dickason's (yes, haha, dick)
Starbuck's Gold Coast and Cafe Verona
Are my favorites
>>
what do you use to make them? a coffee pot, or a french press
>>
nabob, kicking horse (not sure if that's in the US)
>>
/coffeesnob/ here, Major Dickason's blend is pretty good. Personally,
I roast my own coffee because I like lighter roasts than anything you can buy in the stores, and it's all pretty stale anyway.

BUT for the best coffee making, I'd suggest French press if you can grind it really coarse, otherwise pourover (like a V60 or a Clever cone) or Aeropress. Pots don't make great coffee as a general rule.
>>
>>7305802
>ground coffee
>for any reason

no matter how you brew your coffee, buying beans and a grinder is superior
I use a hand grinder, small electric ones are cheap enough

pls don't buy ground coffee
>>
>>7306803
You say that because you've never tried G7
>>
>>7306823
anon it's a fundamental, any coffee left ground looses it's flavor
there are no exceptions
>>
File: 094905_laff2.jpg (21KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
094905_laff2.jpg
21KB, 265x300px
>>7306878
>he doesn't vacuum pack his ground coffee
>>
>>7306884
vacuum sealing is much better than just bagging it, but it's still inferior to fresh ground beans
the beans can't gain anything after they are ground, all that can happen from that point on is that they go stale
>>
>>7306884
How do you suck the air out of the bag without sucking most of the ground coffee out with it?
>>
File: lake.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
lake.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>7306906
>>
File: hermione.gif (508KB, 340x230px) Image search: [Google]
hermione.gif
508KB, 340x230px
>>7306906
>>
>>7306908
There's a big difference between a tiny flake of ground coffee and half a fucking fish.
>>
File: spagstare.jpg (21KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
spagstare.jpg
21KB, 394x394px
>>7306906
>he has never heard of using a mesh barrier
>>
>>7306911
It works.
I'll do this if I'm going out in the kayak or hiking.
>>
>I won't spend thirty bucks on a coffee grinder but I'll drop a few hundred on some thing that sucks air out of bags even though I know that I'll have to keep buying more and more bags
>but I'm a coffee lover!
soccormom logic
>>
>>7306923
You need to grind the coffee first or it kind of defeats the purpose.
Duh...
>>
>>7306914
Like the mesh filter in my moka pot? Do you soak your coffee in hot water before storing it?
>>
>>7306923
>I won't spend thirty bucks on a coffee grinder
read the post again, dingus.
>>
>>7306924
So what a wrong with grinding as you use? Why grind a big batch and store it?
Seems stupid and a terrible waste of coffee.
>>
>>7306923
Uh, dude. You can get a vacuum cleaner for $20. Put a piece of gauze over the coffee, form fit a bag over the nozzle, and then duct tape it closed while the vacuum cleaner is running.

You can go on to use the vacuum cleaner to vacuum the floor. It is not a unitasker. Just remember to sterilize the tip before sealing a new batch of coffee.
>>
>>7306927
What am I supposed to read again? In fact, nvm. I don't care any more.

Ground coffee goes bad within minutes. That's an absolute fact. I don't care what you do but now you know.

Sincerely,
Someone who knows.
>>
>>7306938
No.

Sincerely,
Someone who knows better.
>>
>>7306938
>>7306952
dude what? I swear to god I had this exact same conversation down to the exact words with someone about a year ago in a coffee thread. is someone reposting that, or do I just spend way too much time here?
>>
Question is unrelated to OP's but..
What is the best brand of coffee beans to buy?
>>
just buy a tin of international roast instant coffee, its all the same shit
>>
>>7307083
Fuck that, instant coffee has that cargogenital shit surrounding that powder, which is the reason I quit Nescafe. I'm all for buying beans.
>>
File: lurk amore.jpg (57KB, 248x100px) Image search: [Google]
lurk amore.jpg
57KB, 248x100px
>>7307059
best bang for buck right here

good luck getting it if you're not in melbourne
>>
>>7307086
How about the ones where I buy imported at the supermarket.

My next bet is buying Brillo. That shit taste cash. Bought the robusta months ago, and man, it taste pretty good.

How about yours, what's your suggested pick on grinded coffee?
>>
>>7307104
>grinded coffee
As in pre-ground? From a supermarket? Yeah, nah I wouldn't know.

But the hidden message in my post was: find a local roaster.

Good luck.
>>
>>7307108
This. I moved a couple years ago and couldn't find a local roaster who knew what the fuck they were doing, so I bought a roaster and started roasting my own beans.

If you buy roasted coffee online, Chromatic and Ritual are both really good, but it'll be pricier -- closer to $20 a pound.

And for the love of God, buy whole beans and grind them the day of (as you use them)....it makes a huge difference.
>>
>>7307211
Well, I decided to ditch that because it honestly tastes disgusting.
I bought the beans and I grinded it beforehand because every supermarket have a coffee grinder.
When I drink the coffee from the machine, it taste bland for me, I even add an extra spoon to add some kick, but it still work.

So you say that I need to seek chromatic and ritual kinds? I'll see to it.
>>
>>7307923
It still "didn't" work.*

Pardon me.
>>
>not grinding your own coffee

It's dirt fuckin' cheap, too. I spent $10 on a big bag of cheap coffee beans and I'm getting so much coffee out of it that I'm paying cents for each cup. Even the cheap beans are way better than any top-tier pre-ground coffee, which exponentially loses its freshness with each passing day.
>>
>>7308483
I don't have a grinder, and I won't afford it.

The already have it in the supermarktet anyways and their service is free.

It doesn't take that fact that grinded coffee still tastes shit.
>>
>>7305802
>ctrl+f
>no Lavazza
Y'all niggers are plebs desu senpai
>>
>>7308642
If you're limited to buying supermarket beans and pregrinding it then it probably doesn't matter which brand you buy. Just try a few and stuck with the one you like best.

How are you brewing it?
What's your first language? (just curious)
>>
>>7308775
How do I brew my coffee..
I take the grinded beans onto my container and put it to my machine. I then let my coffee machine to do the rest.

I'm all to buy whatever coffee I want, I just want a good taste of it.

My first language is Filipino, but I like English better than the other one so there.
It was my grammar, wasn't it. I haven't went through a lot sleep because I was too caught up with my project. I went back to my home because I forgot something, and then I type this >>7308642. I went back quickly because I was in a rush.

I can't really think right now, and I keep forgetting to double check my sentences. I'm really sorry.
>>
>>7308821
Hey, your English is perfectly readable, there's just a few little "slightly off" syntactical things, not really a big deal.

Anyway, honestly if you're using a regular drip coffee maker like it sounds like you are, it's going to taste pretty shit even with freshly-ground coffee. That's probably your biggest problem.

I'd recommend you order an Aeropress, they're like $20-25, and really easy to use. It'll make even cheap supermarket coffee taste worlds better.
>>
>>7309269
>I'd recommend you order an Memepress™
i want capitalism to leave
>>
>>7309289
So, I'll just use a coffee press, or I'll just stay with my drip machine.
>>
>>7309351
just use you're head, m80. you'll figure it out.
>>
>>7309289
Capitalism, sure, but it's a pretty foolproof way to get into good coffee. I don't use mine anymore but it required a lot less trial and error than a pourover cone for someone coming from a drip pot
>>
Why does my Aeropress coffee go cold get lukewarm in about a minute flat? I boil my water, pour the boiling water in my cup to pre-heat it, wait about a minute for the water in the kettle to cool down slightly, and I do the pressing process within about a minute and a half then add a tiny bit of milk. By the time I drink it, it's already noticeably cooled down. Towards the end it's practically cold.
>>
cafe bustelo definitely, but if youre near one trader joe's has a pretty good medium roast- their french roast isn't too great but i like that you can grind it fresh in-store
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.