[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The instructions on this say to add 2 lbs. of meat and an 8 oz.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: wick_fowler.jpg (40KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
wick_fowler.jpg
40KB, 450x450px
The instructions on this say to add 2 lbs. of meat and an 8 oz. can of tomato sauce.

Even if you like to sautee onion, add diced tomatoes or beans, etc. you should try this at least once. Just do it, man. I really wonder how many of you bean guys have ever done this. You might find yourself changing teams.

It was fucking good. Sure, it's just a bowl of meat, but so are some ribs or grilled chicken. Serve it with some cold, sliced tomatoes from the garden and saltine crackers.

I don't think I'll ever add beans or tomatoes to chili again. I'll probably sweat an onion, though. The tiny can of tomato sauce was a nice addition, but I might try to subtract that too.

Next stop: buy dried chilies and make my own chili paste.
>>
Do you eat cheese with your chili, OP?
>>
>>7304906
No, but thanks for asking, me.
>>
>>7304669
>saltine crackers
so eating stale salty crackers is better than beans? does anyone actually eat a bowl of meat sauce with nothing else or everybody who complains about beans eats it with crackers?
>>
>>7304925
>so eating stale salty crackers is better than beans?
I'm sorry that in your time on this Earth that you've never had a saltine cracker that wasn't stale. You have my deepest condolences.

Seriously, saltine crackers are underrated.

>does anyone actually eat a bowl of meat sauce with nothing else
Sure. I've also had a dinner of hot wings and nothing else. It's not that unusual.
>>
>>7304938
any bread, cracker, tortilla or anything similar that isn't just out of the oven or immediately frozen after coming out is stale.

>Sure. I've also had a dinner of hot wings and nothing else. It's not that unusual.
it kind of is, food tastes better when it's a balance of multiple things anyway.
>>
>>7304949
>any bread, cracker, tortilla or anything similar that isn't just out of the oven or immediately frozen after coming out is stale
Sure, and any vegetable that isn't immediately consumed after being picked isn't fresh.

But that's not how we use words and ideas, I'm afraid. 'Fresh' can mean all kinds of things. And a cracker by many definitions is not necessarily 'stale'. 'Stale' being a characteristic where the cracker has lost some of its crispness.

>it kind of is, food tastes better when it's a balance of multiple things anyway.
Isn't chili a balance of flavors? You're implying the 'multiple things' have to be other dishes. Why?
>>
>>7304938
I don't understand why you think beans are so bad when you eat your chili with saltine crackers, which are worse in every way. Even if you disagree about them tasting worse, why would you make a thread trying to convince people not to eat beans? You don't even have the "purity" argument going for you.
>>
>>7305312
The beans don't cook in the chili. Simple as that. They're on the side, and you don't have to have one with every bite.
>>
>>7304669
I grew up with this and it was gr8 a bit too spicy for me but taught me to love cumin and garlic. I did always add kidney beans to it even as a kid.
>>
>>7304669
don't tell me what to do faggot
>>
>>7305322
And by "they're" I'm referring to the saltines.
>>
>>7304669
this recipe won the second International Chili Cookoff about 40 years ago.
>>
>>7305322
That's your own taste. What makes you think that would be a convincing argument for anyone else?
>>
File: george-jefferson.jpg (22KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
george-jefferson.jpg
22KB, 295x300px
>>7305322
Fish don't fry in the kitchen, beans don't burn on the grill.
>>
Literally the only time I like to eat beans is when I'm eating chili
>>
My mom buys and makes these, she always throws the cumin straight in the trash and I get full on autistic because literally everyone likes it better with the cumin, my mom doesn't even dislike it. I always dig it out and ask why she won't include the fucking cumin and she just says she doesn't even know what cumin is and has thrown it away her whole life. I'm pretty sure its because a long time ago shed never heard of it and saw "cum". She eats fucking cumin all the time though I cook with it.
>>
>>7304669

Are you trying to make chili as boring as possible? Maybe you should just brown some ground beef and eat that.
>>
>>7305400
Took-a whooole lotta try-in, just to get uppa that hill
>>
>>7304669
2 alarm? when does it leave ultimate fucking pussy mode?
>>
>>7304669
I buy this shit all the time, it's easy and delicious. But I'm not a pussy like you, I load it up.

I like to use 1 pound of ground beef, 1 pound of pork chorizo and 1 pound of bacon, then add a can of Ranch Style Beans and a can of Rotel diced tomatoes/green chilies
And to top it all off, I chop up a habanero pepper or two and toss em in.
The fiery red poops are worth it.
>>
>>7304669

I thought the point of spice packets is that you don't have to measure the spices. What in the hot fuck is the point of this?
>>
>>7305483
You should try making it spicier. Add cayenne and jalapeno with that habanero and maybe a second can of the rotel with chilies. It won't burn your tongue but it'll help make you sweat a bit. Plus it'll make your cold beer taste better.
>>
>>7304966
>comparing baked goods to vegetables
reach for the stars, anon
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.