[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This has never been proven to make anyone hallucinate. You're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: absinthe.jpg (53KB, 418x600px) Image search: [Google]
absinthe.jpg
53KB, 418x600px
This has never been proven to make anyone hallucinate. You're literally drinking a meme invented by wackjob artists and new agers.
>>
>>7303543
What, are you some edgy highschooler that just tried it and expected to hallucinate instead of just enjoying it as alcohol so now you're cranky?
The "hallucination" stuff was just period propaganda against alcohol in general and absinthe became a symbolic target because it was a popular high-proof alcohol at the time.
>>
>>7303543

>This has never been proven to make anyone hallucinate

Yes, we know this because we are little babies who don't understand how chemicals work
>>
>>7303543
>Absinthe was invented by new agers
>>
>>7303555
Oh bullshit, people have been saying absinthe makes you hallucinate for fucking decades.
>>
>>7303573
Tripsman is right though.
Everything about the hallucinations is teetotalist propaganda from the late 19th century in France to the immediate post first world war in America.
It just makes you see whack because you've drunk a pint of 80% alcohol by volume aniseed flavored degreasing agent.
>>
>>7303573
Yeah, retarded highschoolers like you who are uneducated in history and just the world around you in general.
>>
>>7303543
You're kinda stupid ain't ya?
>>
ohlookitsthisthreadagain.jpg
>>
OP is right, you know.
>>
>>7303573
The hallucinations were the result of adulterated product back during the 19th century when there weren't food safety regulations. Absinthe was often full of solvents and other poisonous industrial chemicals used as cheap alternatives for the natural botanicals its supposed to contain.
>>
>>7303799
Stop trying to save face op.
>>
>>7303543
We bought a bottle of absinthe thinking we were edgy /ck/unts. It was meh. That licorice taste is god awful to me. I know the bottles that are sold here in the states are knockoffs that don't have the wormwood or whatever. Just get some weed or a Bacardi 151. Fuck that overrated shite.
>>
>>7303543
Yeah? No shit.
You cant get high off banana skins either.
>>
File: BA.jpg (5KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
BA.jpg
5KB, 219x230px
>>7303989
>That licorice taste
You fucking retard.
Also sage because I sincerely doubt any of you /ck/ mongs have actually had real Absinthe.
Your board is fucking shit.
>>
>>7304152
You are a retard. "I didnt buy the proper stuff but fuck it anyway"

>>7304171
Fuck you, /ck/ is one of the best boards on 4chan if you ignore the fast food threads.

Thujone is the psychoactive compound in absinthe. It's heavily regulated outside of europe. Visual hallucinations have been documented. This thread is shit.
>>
>>7304188
>I didnt buy the proper stuff but fuck it anyway"

Weren't you supposed to green text that retard. Shit tastes awful. Like vodka and gin so I don't fuck with them either. It could be the best brand, and I still would refuse it. Stay butthurt.
>>
>>7304202
Back to reddit, you mong.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 413x395px
>>7304213
>2016
>accusing someone of reddit
Reddit.
Cheers mate.
>>
>>7303543
Only retards an anti-alcohol morons think it makes anyone hallucinate. Really, it's just a flavored alcohol like many others.

OP is a cock sucking faggot.
>>
Why is everyone so mad at each other in this thread? Can't we all just get along?
>>
>>7304188
It's also regulated in Europe. 35mg/l limit.

Considering to reach a therapeutic dose even at the maximum permitted limit, you'd need to consume half a litre, at something like 72.5% ABV or higher, - which is a level that would give you nasty alcohol poisoning - and that historical absinthes analysed had not even a third this much, it's pretty unlikely that any known active ingredient in absinthe other than alcohol has any significant non-placebo effect.

But that said, it really doesn't matter, if you like it.

I really like the flavour of a good absinthe, though a lot of people don't like the bitter aniseed overtones. I find it a pleasant drink, and I tend to have quite vivid dreams after a few for whatever reason (as above, probably the alcohol!). Try it with some cloudy apple juice and ginger ale, it's pretty good.
>>
>>7304299
>Only retards an anti-alcohol morons
>an anti-alcohol
>an
Retard
>>
File: 094905_laff2.jpg (21KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
094905_laff2.jpg
21KB, 265x300px
>>7304566
Incorrect.
Kill yourself now.
>Europe
>EU
>European Union
>Single Currency
tl;dr: You're a fucking mong.
>>
>>7304599
wow, a typo. he omitted a letter. what a stunning internet victory for you, anon. run upstairs and tell mommy right away!
>>
>>7304627
he's correct and you're an idiot. sorry about that, stupid!
>>
>>7304647
retard.
>>
>>7304566
I just started trying it out. The first couple times weren't too good but after the 4th time I'm starting to really like the taste. Which absinthe do you recommend anon? I bought the Lucid Absinthe which do you recommend I try next? Any of these good? http://www.totalwine.com/spirits/liqueurs-cordials-schnapps/herbal-spice/absinthe/c/000916
>>
>>7304673
Fuck I typed "which do you recommend" twice.
>>
>>7304188
Thujome content has been minimal even when testing vintage bottles of "real" absinthe. The frogs were just hallucinating because they were literally dying of organ failure from the paint thinner and shit they were using to cut the liqour
>>
>>7304673
Jade 1901 is pretty good
>>
>>7304676
Now you have posted it 3 times
>>
>>7304668
aww, look at you, stupid, furrowing your brow in a vain attempt to understand. almost human!
>>
>>7304713
>>7304708
Thanks anons
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 351x359px
>The amount of drunken hate ITT
>>
File: 00037333_is.jpg (15KB, 252x378px) Image search: [Google]
00037333_is.jpg
15KB, 252x378px
Time to make a treuse.
>>
i blame the french

i also blame the tradition of normies inaccurately describing things as hallucinogens. i mean, weed doesn't even give you visuals, and think of how often the media portrays people seeing wacky surreal shit because they smoked weed! acid doesn't even give you crazy hallucinations it just makes things that are already there look different

the point being dont trust normies
>>
When we were 15 we stole a bottle of absinth from friends parents and 3 of us drank the whole thing. I pujed everywhere around his place. On the carpet, on the walls, on sofa.. Everywhere... Fpr some reason his parents were never mad at me.
>>
>>7303543
no one in this thread knows what they are talking about. Wormwood is what causes the hallucinations; it's still in Absinthe these days but at a MUCH lower amount than it used to contain. Authentic absinthe is not sold in the US because it is illegal. It's only available in Amsterdam.
>>
>>7304630
I love a good sarcasm in the morning! Rock on Anon!
>>
>>7303543

Maybe people like the taste.
>>
>>7305464
Whatever. I'm seeing me worming my wood into your bottle, dumbfag.
>>
File: kin_akuwaraia1.png (115KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
kin_akuwaraia1.png
115KB, 480x480px
YAMI O KIRISAKU OH DESIRE
>>
>>7305361
>acid doesn't even give you crazy hallucinations it just makes things that are already there look different
m8...
>>
>>7305464
Wormwood is not psychoactive, it's an urban legend propagated by people who let psychosomatic shit go unchecked.
>>
>>7305596
he's right though
>>
>>7305610
I can assure you both you just haven't had enough for anything really interesting to happen.
>>
>>7303543
It tastes delicious, so fuck you peasant.
>>
>>7304673
If you can get it, Amerique 1912 is great. And very reasonable price wise too.
>>
>>7305664
Indeed, I doff my cap to you, sir!
#modernclassy
>>
This is possibly the saltiest thread I have ever seen on this site and we're only fifty posts in
>>
>>7305570

OH MY PRAYEERRR

why the hell is this in the thread?
>>
>>7305798
Kinzo drinks Absinthe.
>>
>>7305801

That's a relatively minor thing I forgot.

Good story, though, I don't think people give the anime enough credit.

I guess I'll go get some absinthe soon, I know someone that regularly smuggles the "real" stuff into the country.
>>
>>7305914
>That's a relatively minor thing I forgot.
We'll never figure out what Genji did to make it so good.
>>
>>7303573
It's one of those things everyone knows is a myth, like horned helmets
>>
File: Wizard.gif (879KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard.gif
879KB, 500x400px
Brew beer from hensbane or mandrake root. Makes you hallucinate more than most psychedelics.
>>
>>7306512
what a comfy gif
>>
>>7303543
But wormwood is pychoactive. Its just never in a high enough dosage for anything in absinthe. You can smoke it or brew it yourself if you want to have a comfy high.
>>
Anon, I drink to feel okay. I don't listen to people who don't know their stuff.
>>
It was never actually the thujone content that made people hallucinate, but rather the mixture of herbs used to spice it.

A little known fact is that many essential oils are actually hallucinogenic: nutmeg being the obvious one every 13 year old with an internet connection knows about, for which the active ingredient is myristicin. Safrole is likely hallucinogenic as well, for example. The trouble with these essential oils is that while they may make you trip balls, they're also universally very carcinogenic.

So while certain preparations of absinthe made with essential oils or other concentrated herbs may have indeed been quite hallucinogenic, if you had the stuff you may also get a side-order of cancer with your trip. Which is bad vibes, man.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.