[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Momma's cooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

File: chicken_snitzel.jpg (482KB, 1920x1277px) Image search: [Google]
chicken_snitzel.jpg
482KB, 1920x1277px
In loving memory of my mother who just passed away: this thread is for favorite mom meals your mom would always make.

Meal 1: Chicken schnitzel w/ mashed potatoes. My mom would make this every Saturday growing up. It'd be the perfect lunch after a morning of Saturday cartoons.
>>
Meal 2: Hungarian beef goulash. Obv with potatoes because Eastern European.
>>
Meal 3: Hungarian leczo -- a thick stew of tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and some fried sausages added towards the end. This was always great with toast and some tea.
>>
File: z2968685X,Leczo.jpg (49KB, 450x369px) Image search: [Google]
z2968685X,Leczo.jpg
49KB, 450x369px
>>7303282
Forgot pic.
>>
>>7303252
I'm envious of you OP, i've never had a female in the family who could actually cook.

if my mother threatened to cook dinner my sister and i would phone for a take away.

my first wife could burn boiled eggs and did so on numerous occasions.
my present wife can take stuff from the freezer and stick it in the oven and thinks thats called cooking.
my sister compliments herself on her "awesome" pasta dishes, omitting the fact that all her sauces come in jars.

my father was the cook inmy younger days, i cook for the family most nights, i'm teaching my sons how to cook. i have no hope left for the female of the species and its the only ay to ensure my sons dont starve to death in later life.

anyway, my favourite dish that my father used to make was potatoes au gratin with gammon joint boiled in spices then honey roasted accompanied with minted peas and carrots.
>>
File: golubtsi-2.jpg (166KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
golubtsi-2.jpg
166KB, 1024x683px
Meal 4: Russian golubtsi (stuffed cabbages). My mom would braise the cabbage leaves in a tomato-paprika broth and then stuff them with ground meat (chicken or veal). Always eaten with a hearty dollop of cмeтaнa -- Russian sour cream.
>>
>>7303291
Damn anon that's unfortunate. Your father's stuff sounds great though.

My parents always cooked together when I was growing up so I learned different tips from each of them. Gotta love a dad who cooks.
>>
File: borsch.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
borsch.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
Meal 5: Ukrainian borscht. My mom would add a Hungarian twist with both smoked and sweet paprika. This was typically meatless but sometimes my mom would slow cook it with boneless, fat-trimmed beef short ribs and that was always a real treat.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.