[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Based Fried Chicked Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 798195.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
798195.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
Alright /ck/uks, I'm horrible at making fried chicken, and am about to throw down a couple drumsticks, and was hoping for some wisdom.
Here's what I have for tonight:
>2 drumsticks that have been marinating in buttermilk and hot sauce for over 24 hours
>oil
>pan
>flour
>eggs
>panko breadcrumbs
>paprika
>garlic salt
>onion salt
>salt
>pepper
>other spices not posted because I'm not sure they would be relevant
Every time I fry chicken, the crust on the outside is hard as a rock and black (inedible) and the inside is cooked well, but bland as fuck so I'm looking for next level like pic related.
Hard she'll and bland is how it turns out when I use a deep fryer at 325 degrees, so I'm using pan fried this time instead so I can master the craft
Redpill me on a based fried chicken recipe, plz
>>
>>7302650
Best fried chicken recipie:
>go to the darkest ghetto in the city
>find a chicken shack ran by asians
>order best chicken ever.
>go back for more because they used crack in their batter and now your hooked.
>>
>>7302668
Obviously, but the grocery store by my place had drumsticks on sale for $0.69 a pound, so I bought over 4 pounds worth
>>
Maybe you should poke the chicken with a fork and marinade it for however long? It's not that hard to think of a remedy for the inside.
>>
>>7302684
So you spent about tree fiddy?
>>
>>7302650
m8 you need to finish the chook pieces off in the oven.

You don't do all the cooking in the fryer. That is a beginners mistake.
>>
File: 1453625003520709889652.jpg (2MB, 2368x4224px) Image search: [Google]
1453625003520709889652.jpg
2MB, 2368x4224px
>>7302699
$2.99, nigga
>>
Try to fileting (its an english word?) (cuting out the bone) it, fill it with something, roll it over, roll in bacon, tie it, brown in pan for 5 minutes, toss in the oven for 40 minutes. Slice it.
I think it was Boneless chicken thights, on gordon ramseys youtube chanel.

I made it,its look fabulous,and its assburger-proof
>>
>>7302702
>chook pieces
I don't know what that means
>>
>>7302721
All I have is drumsticks
Also, no bacon
>>
>>7302724
>I don't know what that means
It's Australian for chicken m8. A bit of slang.

You want to finish off your CHICKEN pieces in the oven after giving them a quick hot fry to get your batter golden.

No proper cook just fries them - not pieces with bones in. KFC-style restaurants use a fryer which is actually a pressure cooker as well as a fryer.
>>
>>7302742
>Aussie has multiple posts in a thread
>doesn't shitpost in either
Hats off to you, based aussiebro. Canadians are rapidly becoming the shitposting kings of the internet because Aussies like you are redeeming your country on a daily basis
>>
>>7302719
How many wild niggers did you have to fight off to purchase that?
>>
File: 1453627862692112532195.jpg (2MB, 4224x2368px) Image search: [Google]
1453627862692112532195.jpg
2MB, 4224x2368px
>>7302793
I live in an area with <0.90% blacks, so these deals run pretty frequently
Also....
Check out my thigh game from a couple days prior
>>
>>7302806
Thanks for your post
>>
>>7302650
Are you trying to fry it all the way through or frying to get a good color & texture then finishing in the oven?
>>
>>7302650
Mix garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and some sort of hot powder (eg cayenne) with a bunch of flour, take half that flour and mix it with the buttermilk you used in the marinade and an egg and enough water to thin it out, coat the chicken in batter and then in flour, fry at 350 until brown.
>>
>>7303087
>fry at 350 until brown
Terrible advice.

Add the chicken to 350 oil and let it drop down to 315 and maintain that low temp for about 20 minutes.

You're going to cook the outside long before the inside if you do 350 the entire time.
>>
>>7302650
Hipster it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVR6w_RFlDs
>>
>>7303699
Wouldn't that just soak the chicken in oil inside bc of the lowered temp? If it ain't done with 350 just finish in the oven.
>>
1) use cornmeal instead of panko
2) get your golden brown color then finish in the oven
>>
>>7303830
look at that white girl barely biting the chicken....so scared of grease it's like a mental problem
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.