[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

opinions on microwaves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: index.jpg (5KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 266x189px
opinions on microwaves?
>>
File: microwave.jpg (5KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
microwave.jpg
5KB, 268x188px
>>
>>7301931
oversized popcorn makers.
Haven't had a microwave in almost 4 years now.
>>
>>7301931
deadly. microwaves emit raidation at 500x the amount of cell phones. Everytime you stand near one thats on it rips apart your dna.

If you are a man it will destroy your semen and if your are women it will mutate your eggs and your babies have potentially a 90% greater chance of being defective.

They also destroy the dna in food. so if you heat up chicken or something then all that broken dna is going into you and can interact with your dna causing massive deadly mutations.

it also basicaly a mini nuclear bomb inside your house that could blow up every single time you press the start buttin. I mean RADIATION can blow up and thats what a MICROWAVE (RADIATION) uses.

I would highly sugest immediately throwing out any microwaves you own for your safety
>>
>>7301940
but how do you make popcorn?
>>
>>7301940
>tips fedora'
If you have a job, a social life and your not some worthless NEET how has timecto cook with a stone oven and solar stills all day you need one.
Not for cooking but reheating left overs, re warming coffee, making popcorn, preheating water and melting frozen stocks for cooking.
Get one that fits your counter and you can fit a full sized plate in it.
Mine takes up to much of my counter and i basicly over bought cuase on sale.

I have a samsung, its kinda loud year 2, was pretty quite when i first got it. My brother has an lg, seems fine when i house sit
>>
great for making chicken tendies
>>
>>7301974
This is so false, worry naught
>>
>>7301988
I use a pot, kernels, and a bit of oil.
>>7301989
Really? Because when I got home from work yesterday I put some chicken in a toaster oven and boiled some veggies and rice without any trouble or time consumption.

Maybe if you took whole 5 minutes to do meal planning once a week you wouldnt have to worry about thawing stock or preheating water in a panic.

I'm not going to shit on anyone who has a microwave, mine died one day before I moved cross country, then I said "I wonder how long I can go without" And I just haven't.
>>
>>7301940
>popcorn makers
>not cooking your popcorn in a saucepan on the stovetop
You're spending WAY too much money and eating WAY too shitty popcorn if you're cooking it in a micorwave.
>>
>>7301931
why is that microwave so happy?
>>
>>7302056
It's just popcorn. The microwave does it fine. How does a stove improve it?
>>
>>7301931
Dislike; would not own.
>>
dumbass
>>
>>7302056
I own a stovetop popcorn maker as well as a microwave, and the microwave does it far better. It's far easier to control the line between burning and not having chewy popcorn. It just tastes better.

Unless you have the kind of thing you see in theaters and carnivals, you're better off using the microwave. And that doesn't even count how much time you save.
>>
>>7302267
packaged popcorn has diacetyl in it.
If you just use a pot, kernels, and some oil it's healthier. Takes maybe a couple minutes extra.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAA.jpg (10KB, 177x250px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAA.jpg
10KB, 177x250px
>>7302264
You call this happy?
>>
File: onefourthree.jpg (19KB, 565x452px) Image search: [Google]
onefourthree.jpg
19KB, 565x452px
>>7302292
yeah man, it's almost as happy as this one
>>
Could live without one, but why bother? I'm not about to reheat a single slice of pizza in the oven
>>
>>7302290
I wasn't really talking about packaged popcorn. You know you can use bulk kernels and butter in the microwave too.

By the way, diacetyl isn't harmful at all.
>>
Great for reheating, but microwave-specific food is garbage.
>>
>>7301974
for those that are curious, neither cell phones not microwave ovens emit ionizing radiation. which is to say, they are harmless
>>
File: neckbeard-glasses.jpg (41KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-glasses.jpg
41KB, 480x640px
>A MICROWAVE? hmpf! I have no need for such nonsense!

>the only reason I would need a microwave is to make popcorn, but alas, I can use a pot and some oil. Not only is it more healthy, it's such a delight!

It's like /ck/ is one of the most fun boards, but it's also the cringiest. I wish you knew how fucking stupid you sound when you say you basically go out of your way to not own a microwave. You can reheat leftovers, quickly heat a cup of water for tea or whatever, cook a potato, etc. Hell, microwaves are even used in some professional kitchens for certain things. There is no reason to not have one unless you somehow have no space for one, or you cant spare 60 bucks....or you enjoy being a pretentious try-hard with autism.

When I moved into a new apartment years ago, I didnt have a microwave for almost 3 months because I was broke as hell. Sure, I didnt need it, but I wanted one.
>>
I use it for reheating, a lot, which is useful because I tend to cook large amounts and then freeze the rest. I also use it for heating water for tea, and making oatmeal. I probably use it maybe 3 times a day.
>>
>>7302334
>drinking hot tea
gross
>>
File: hup_board1.jpg (560KB, 1920x1060px) Image search: [Google]
hup_board1.jpg
560KB, 1920x1060px
Microwave radiation excites the rotation modes of water molecules. Entropy causes some of the energy in those states to transition to the water molecules' vibration and translation states.

microwave makes the water in food hot.
>>
>>7302322
Thank you
>>
File: 1431806122030.jpg (48KB, 636x497px) Image search: [Google]
1431806122030.jpg
48KB, 636x497px
>put leftovers in bowl
>microwave 5 minutes
>steaming hot
>feels good
>get to the middle
>ice cold
>>
>>7302298
You vape don't you senpai?
>>
>>7302336
This isn't helping your case for not being a fedora tipping autist.
>>
>>7302351
that's why you let it sit for a minute or two dude
>>
>>7301931
I only use my microwave to reheat meals. Sometimes if I'm feeling super lazy I'll buy some microwavable pizza but it's not often. They come in uses I guess.
>>
>>7302378
No, I actually had to Google that.
>>
>>7302351
For food like...whatever the fuck it is that you're reheating, you have to heat it, stir or turn, heat it some more.
>>
They are made by satin to ensnare us in a reptillian plot, and that's why you ren't supposed to put tin foil in em. Of course I knew that from the start and have worn a tinfoil hat for the last ten years.

But seriously mate, what do you expect me to say? They work great for boiling water, softening stuff, and heating up some foods that don't get soggy or staled quickly. The rest you can use a real oven and a stove for. No reason to shun them, they are a quite useful tool.
>>
>>7301974
It's not the 1950s anymore, Earnest.
>>
>>7301939
Hey I just bought this at target a week ago when my microwave of 14 years just shit the bed. So far it's pretty decent
>>
Microwaves are great for quickly steaming veggies, reheating leftovers, and as a semi-insulated box to keep dishes that need to stay warm as I'm finishing something else.
>>
>>7302339
how did that gayboy reach the top of the board? Physicist are the gayest things, second only to engineers
>>
It's a tool. Use it for what it is.

You morons with an axe to grind are fuckin' morons who are seriously stupid, but then then that's your problem not mine. The real thing is to use more than one thing and not limit yourself to just one like some fuckin idiot.

\
>>
>>7301931
Its definitely nice to have but I wouldn't call it a necessity.
>>
File: kek.jpg (82KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
82KB, 400x388px
>>7301988
>>
>>7301931
They are good for stripping them of their magnetrons to build into an arrays to deter pests.
>>
>>7301931
That microwave is tired. Its probably laying down ready to sleep. Everybody be quiet. That microwave works hard, don't disturb it's rest.
>>
>>7302336
Right?

Sun brewed ice tea masterrace reporting.
>>
>>7302311
>only ionizing radiation is harmful

going to need to see a source there, chief.
>>
>>7302773
I remember when the faggot jew press was saying that sun tea is harmful. lmfao. commuting to work though every day, totally safe, keep working 60 hours goy, purchase lite beer instead of that nasty sun tea
>>
>>7302799
I really dont think it a jew plot to keep you away from sun brewed tea, and Im from /pol/. I cant tell if youre just joking but I would say its at least sound advice to not put plant material in a jar of water, leave it out in the sun for a while, then drink it. But hey, Im probably some corporate shill that wants you to work 60 hours a week and not be freed by that damn sun brewed tea...fuckin cuttin into my light beer sheckels with your damn natural tea!
>>
>>7302893
god damn jews following me around, they know the true power of my suggestive magic.
>>
>>7302581

With my gay engineering powers I have deduced it probably slides into the floor.
>>
>>7302797
>>7302797
Microwaves, work because water absorbs the radiation at that particular frequency. In terms of energy, microwaves are quite weak compared to the visible spectrum, to assert microwaves are going to kill you is like saying red light will kill you.

The reason why the sun is dangerous, is because it emits ultra violet light, which is ionizing, this will actually strip electrons from your dna changing it on the atomic level.

However, an intense enough source of microwaves will kill you, but won't kill you in the sense that 'mah radiation' would.

3rd year physics major.
>>
american/10
>>
Microwave broke six months ago and I haven't even noticed the difference. Good for heating shit up quickly I guess, but I don't mind not having one
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.