[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Meal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

File: LauLauPork-finished2.jpg (95KB, 468x350px) Image search: [Google]
LauLauPork-finished2.jpg
95KB, 468x350px
I know it's probably impossible to choose one, but try. What stands out in your mind as the best or one of the best meals you've ever had?

One of the best I've had was about five years ago in Hawaii. I was over at someone's house and they made some lau lau pork wrapped in spinach with some white rice. It was perfect. The rice was cooked perfectly and sticky. The spinach was rich and buttery and the pork was perfectly sweet, tender and moist. There was a perfect ratio of spinach to pork too. It basically melted in your mouth.

Which food experience stands out for you?
>>
Pork lau lau is my favorite Hawaiian dish, but it isn't made with spinach.
>>
>>7301588
Well the one I ate was...at least I think...What the fuck is it made with then?
>>
>>7301604
Not the guy you responded to, but it's taro root, if I remember correctly.

Whatever the fuck it is, I love lau lau plates. My favorite Hawaiian place, which closed down, made the perfect fucking lau laus, and I still crave them years later. Other places make some acceptable ones, but they're just nowhere near as good.
>>
>>7302329
Im sure there's variations and I know that taro is a staple of Hawaiian food, but Im pretty much 100 percent sure that what I had was pork wrapped in succulent buttery spinach. Shit was delish
>>
File: 2015-02-16 22.46.43-1.jpg (2MB, 2107x1749px) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-16 22.46.43-1.jpg
2MB, 2107x1749px
>>7301579
A couple years ago I had an osso bucco that was one of the best things I ever ate. I was in Westminster, CO and I was high as fuck on edibles (dude weed lmao) but at the time I remember saying "this is one of the best things I've ever eaten". Pic related.

Some oxtail I had in Lousiana was another one of best, maybe THE best.
>>
20 piece mcnugget, small fry, small diet dr pepper
>>
>>7301579
Peking duck at a very very expensive restaurant in Beijing.

They carved the duck into exactly 108 pieces tableside, and everything that was served with it was fantastic.
>>
>>7302329
>>7301588
OP here again

I think I know why you guys are confused...maybe. I think lau lau is traditionally wrapped in taro leaves while it's being cooked, But taro root is potato-like and is not the green spinich that is in the OP's picture
>>
File: 1377542905983.jpg (264KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
1377542905983.jpg
264KB, 605x605px
>>7302350
Not that guy OR the other guy, but he forgot to mention that it's the taro LEAF that is used to wrap the meat.

Basic laulau is fatty pork with a little piece of salted cod, wrapped in taro leaf. This, in turn, is wrapped in ti leaf (another hawaiian/pacific plant) and steamed.

The pork fat and salt from the fish are pretty much all you need to get that "buttery" quality you mentioned.
>>
File: tmp_27332-sandwich-1327547485.jpg (130KB, 676x449px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27332-sandwich-1327547485.jpg
130KB, 676x449px
Just last year on my birthday I had the perfect blend of my favorite things in food; frying, shellfish, and sandwiches.
A signature item of a hometown (St Louis) favorite restaurant of mine, I present the Broadway Oyster Bar's Lobster PoBoy.
Didn't even have to order it without tomato, that's what sold me on it, just everything I want in a meal.
>>
File: McD-McChicken.jpg (2MB, 2800x1620px) Image search: [Google]
McD-McChicken.jpg
2MB, 2800x1620px
>>7302387
>not the McChicken

its the best fast food sandwich
>>
If I had to pick a single best meal I'd go with an Easter dinner a friend of mine hosted a few years ago, his wife is from Poland and made a feast with lots of traditional and family recipes. The meal stands out as the best I've had because all the food and drink was amazing, I had Zurek for the first time ever (a fabulous sour soup), and the conversation around the table during and after dinner was brilliant (a dozen well-educated people representing three continents and many different professions).
>>
>>7302526
It really is though. Throw some buffalo dippin sauce on that bitch and you're good to go
>>
>>7301579
you buy that plate at Fred Meyer?
>>
>>7302539
It's not my picture. That dude might have though
>>
Basically any green/yellow curries from a reputable Thai place.

Also this veggie burger that a bar in Queens makes
>>
>>7302493
bread looks shitty
>>
File: crudo-menudo.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
crudo-menudo.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
>>7301579
The steakhouse at the Circus Circus in Las Vegas is incredibly underrated, although still held in very high regard amongst critics
For an obtainable option on the weekends, nothing beats pic related for me
>>
File: 20151101_134600.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20151101_134600.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
>>7301579
Recently went to Vegas and got a great deal on the Spice Market buffet, including all-you-can-drink.

I literally ate about 5 slabs of rare prime rib, and drank 9 Corona's, dressed.

Maybe not the best as far as quality goes, but it was certainly a food zen, scratching the big glutton itch.

Pic is round 1 of dessert.
>>
A few years ago at my old place, there was a little Chinese takeout around the corner. Didn't really know what to get so I bought their vegetable curry on a whim. Holy shit I wish I could remember what was in it since it was absolutely fantastic. What was really great about it though was that for I think like £6 they gave you massive amounts of curry and rice, like it was enough for lunch and dinner for both me and my mum.
>>
i think i'd have to go with GOOD pho
with rare beef and tripe
with tofu salad rolls on the side
.. yeah that could be my last meal

bad pho makes me cry, and unfortunately is the norm
>>
the first time I had a dry aged med rare steak. Mindblowing good when all I'd eaten before hand was well done costco steak. Also recently I had pork ribs at a kbbq restaurant that were amazing.
>>
>>7301579
Kinda looks like a fried centipede
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.