[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought pic related for dinner tomorrow, any suggestions? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160123_231634.jpg (2MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160123_231634.jpg
2MB, 3200x2368px
Bought pic related for dinner tomorrow, any suggestions? I'm just trying to get more fish in my diet and frying it up with some chips seems too obvious.
>>
Last time I bought kippers was for kedgeree.
>>
File: chinese-broccoli.jpg (101KB, 640x711px) Image search: [Google]
chinese-broccoli.jpg
101KB, 640x711px
>>7301217
pan fried.

Stir fry some any leafy green (chinese broccoli da bess doe) with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and butter/oil.
>>
>>7301375
forgot to mention; serve over rice.
>>
>>7301217
Fish pie
>>
>>7301217
How much was the haddock?
I tried it recently here in Aus from a British fish and chips shop, it tasted amazing but was expensive.
>>
why catch method
>>
>>7302221
For faggots on board Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstalls sustainable catch train.
>>
Any trout recipes? Accidently picked it up thinking it was salmon. Any difference?
>>
>>7301217
Fish tainted by fake colour dye. Discard and try again.
>>
>>7302261
Trout can be slightly 'earthy' you will need to offset this by a bit of sharpness to the sauce.

>>7301217
Last time I bout those Kipper fillets it was in Co-Op and they were £1.00 , I just microwave them in the bag and eat as is.

You could make a shit-ton of Kedgeree but I would be tempted to make a nice Warming Fish-Pie.
>>
poach them in milk with some onion and garlic.
place fillet on top of mashed potato and reduce milk with a little flour to make sauce, add chopped parsley and pour over top.
>>
>>7302198
>Buying imported seafood living in australia

You're a dead set fuckin moron mate......
>>
>>7302772
Australian fish isn't that great and there's not much of it and what there is is very expensive.
>>
>>7302776
Are you going to look me in the eye and tell me Barramundi isnt great?
>>
Lightly saute, add chopped cherry tomatoes, parsley, mint and stock, simmer for a bit, season to taste, toss with spaghetti. Optional bacon, mushrooms (fry either with fish), parmesan. I'd probably leave the mint if you'really having bacon. Takes 10 minutes total.
>>
>>7302781
>Are you going to look me in the eye and tell me Barramundi isnt great?
Yes I am. Dry and terrible texture. The world's most over-rated fish.
>>
>>7302815
Yea go back to your haddock you uncultured faggot. Try eating it straight from the fucking bag too to replicate that semen texture.
>>
>>7302261
>>7302563
I prefer the 'earthiness' of the trout so I don't offset it. I enjoy poached or steamed trout to bring out its sweet fragrance.

The classic for trout when I was growing up was poached trout with fried onions cooked with sugar, soy sauce, a drop of shao xing wine, and added water. Served with congee or broken rice (any white rice should be fine but I preferred broken rice as a kid).
>>
File: IMG_20160124_180659.jpg (2MB, 2368x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160124_180659.jpg
2MB, 2368x3200px
Pic related is final product (not great looking I know), poached the haddock in milk with chopped onion and garlic, then I added a poached egg after it was done to go with the mash. On top I made a thin sauce after chucking some oregano in the leftover milk, should've reduced it more in hindsight.

Not pictured is the kipper which I ate as a snack; I liked it more than I thought I would while the haddock was bretty good.

All in all, could've gone worse for a first attempt.
>>
>>7303785
Looks pretty good m8.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.