[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently ended up with a shit load of scallions. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3883x2129px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3883x2129px
I recently ended up with a shit load of scallions. What can I do with them?
>>
Shove'em up your ugly ass
>>
>>7300621
They look like spring onions to me
>>
I like fresh scallions with a really sharp aged cheddar

Korean scallion pancakes

Chop them finely and put on ramen, mix with grits or on cream chese on toast

Stir fry
>>
Cook anything chinese, they dunk a fistful of those on the finished product regardless of what it is.
>>
Garnish cajun-creole pastas.
>>
I fry them into a small, crispy frittata with spinach and half an egg, so it's mostly green. Top it with smoked salmon, a poached egg and hollandaise made with olive oil. Sometimes I add parsley to the poached egg and mint to the frittata.
>>
>>7300621
Scallion pancakes

Scrambled eggs with scallion

Fried rice or noodles

Lots of Asian dishes as has been stated before.

Also you can combine or substitute them for onions in lots of recipes. It will taste different but it's usually still very tasty.
>>
>>7300621
Those are green onions you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>7300621
>I recently ended up with a shit load of scallions. What can I do with them?
scallion kim chee!
I bought a jar of this at an Asian market in Hollywood FL once, locally made, and nomnom'd on that stuff for a couple of months with joy.

Scallion pancakes are delicious (and easy enough to freeze for later).

Big batch of baked potato soup will absorb about 40 of them, as delicious as leeks. I like them blended with sour cream or cottage cheese, as a baked potato topping, or a dip.
>>
Sprinkle it on top of soups, noodles, stir fries, fried rice, etc. Any asian dishes really. You can also use it for soup broths.
>>
>>7300621
Scallions are the fruit of the earth. You can barbecue them, boil them, bake them, sautee them. There's scallion kebabs, scallion creole, scallion gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried, pineapple scallions, lemon scallions, coconut scallions, pepper scallions, scallion soup, scallion stew, scallion salad, scallions and potatoes, scallion burger, scallion sandwich. That's about it.
>>
Jerk sauce
>>
File: 1415202298431.jpg (277KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1415202298431.jpg
277KB, 768x1024px
>>7300659
>He doesnt know some things have more than one name.
look everyone, an idiot.
>>
>>7300659
Those are spring onions you fucking pleb.
>>
Chop them up, mix with sour cream, salt a bit. WA LA.
>>
>>7300804
>look everyone, an idiot.
I think you mean moron.
>>
>>7300632
Damn Irish starting the Scallions meme.
>>
>>7300621
to be honest those are extremely versatile.
one of my favourites is a bruschetta with diced toamto,mozzarella and scallions.
also pretty "broth-like soup" can use those but just add them last.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 559x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 559x337px
>>7300621
Put the bottoms in a glass jar with a little by the window to have an endless supply.
>>
Are scallions a new meme?
>>
>>7301088

>by the window

I told an old chef about this and he tried it in the restaurant kitchen, which was basically a basement with no windows.

We filled up an entire hotel pan with scallion bottoms and got two solid batches from it, entirely without sunlight.
>>
>>7300621
Chop em and throw em in your ramen soup
>>
>>7301116
Do they start to lose flavor or sweetness, or do the bulbs just get completely used up and then stop producing greens?
>>
>>7301149
the bulbs get worse and worse until they die
>>
>>7301088
This has to be fake.
>>
>>7300659
You know, a lot of people call them green onions, but they're really scallions.
>>
>>7301161
Google it, faggot.
>>
>>7301149

They grower thinner and taste milder each time.

By the third batch you could serve them as chives and most people wouldn't know better.
>>
File: herb garden.jpg (967KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
herb garden.jpg
967KB, 2048x1536px
>>7301161

This was taken just last week, and those scallions were outside and had been snowed over.
>>
>>7301161
Lrn2reality

I bet you think lettuce grows pre-wrapped in plastic.
>>
>>7301088
>endless supply
no they regrow from stored nutrients in the bulb

if you're just growing them in water, they'll run out eventually and stop growing
>>
>>7301267
>>7301159
What if you put plant nutrients in the water, would that help?
>>
>>7300621
Miso soup my dog
>>
throw them in some chili
>>
>>7300621
put em in a blender with oil, garlic cloves and fresh oregano(leaves only)
use the paste as a fantastic all purpose marinade
>>
Basically cut them up and use them as a garnish. If I don't have a knife and cutting board out I'll just use a pair of scissors to cut them onto my food.

I can't think of a single meal I've had in the past two weeks that scallions wouldn't have been good on.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.