[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these the two most butthurt countries when it comes to their food?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

File: THATS NOT REAL FOOD.png (41KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
THATS NOT REAL FOOD.png
41KB, 660x660px
Are these the two most butthurt countries when it comes to their food?
>>
>>7300340
Yes
>no man you just don't get it you've got to have REAL AUTHENTIC cuisine made by a street vendor's unwashed hands you Americans probably think Taco Bell is real Mexican food you just don't get it the real thing is so much different you know

People need to learn that authentic doesn't mean better, most of my favorite Mexican/Italian dishes are fusion or Americanized versions
>>
>>7300340
As a Mexican I bitch about mexican food because it makes me pretty mad that there are foreigners who think shit like fucking Dorito tacos is genuine mexican and then proceed to call it shit because they have never seen actual mexican food, just heart-clogging tex-mex fast food. Just as a reminder, WE DON'T FRY OUR FUCKING TORTILLAS TO MAKE TACOS, unless it's explicitly tacos dorados or literally fried tacos.

I imagine Italians feel the same way, but at least the fast-food version of Italian is still fairly dignified.
>>
>>7300340
To be honest, no.
I really don't think they give a fuck.
>>
>>7300360
nobody cares how you make your poverty food, taco bender
>>
>>7300354
Street food is not the same as a country's actual cuisine you idiot. By that measure I could say all american food is fucking hot dogs made by a street vendor's unwashed hands.
>>
>>7300340
To be honest watching Italians sperg about Pizza is funnier than watching Mexicans sperg about Taco Bell, mostly because the Mexicans are more or less 99% right. However, people who think Taco Bell is 'for real' mexican food are more or less a minority, at least here in Texas. Not sure how it is in Flyoverland or the East Coast.
>>
>>7300360
Mexican cuisine is just Spanish recipes with lower quality ingredients and you never see them complain.
>>
>>7300384
No it isn't. That's just what you assumed from your knowledge of the country's history. Mexican actually has very little in common with Spanish food.
>>
>>7300381
Can't say I've ever heard an Italian sperg about pizza.
I think they are lazy and smug enough not to care.
Anyway many Italians eat frozen, German imported pizza.
>>
>>7300394
Correct. Spaniards at least try to care about the quality of their food.
>>
>>7300381
>Taco Bell is 'for real' mexican food
Is there even anyone who thinks this?
>>
>>7300381
>at least here in Texas. Not sure how it is in Flyoverland
Texas and the south are flyover's flyover
>>
>>7300400
I'm actually not sure how I should respond to such a meaningless, vague insult.
>>
>>7300381
Nobody thinks Taco Bell is authentic Mexican anywhere. They don't even think it's authentic Tex-Mex. It's American shit with cumin and chili powder.

>>7300395
They sperg hard about it. Some industry association over there wants the government to rubber stamp "real pizza".
>>
>>7300418
Take it however you wish. I've eaten in Mexico and it's noting to brag about if I were you.
>>
>>7300428
Give them a break. It's the only thing they can be proud of and it ain't that great
>>
>>7300428
No, you're just being contrarian. What am I saying is that Tex-Mex shit isn't mexican. Your personal preferences in food don't bother me.
>>
>>7300377
Well, the foods most recognized as American are hot dogs and hamburgers in their respective buns, prepared in a far away factory and delivered to the point of sale in a frozen and possibly half-cooked state.
>>
>>7300433
Most foreigners only eat street food when they come here anyways and then claim to have an absolute knowledge of the country's cuisine, so I mostly don't bother arguing about it anymore.
>>
>>7300440
>Foreigners
Who would that be exactly?
>>
>>7300436
Tex mex is leagues better than mexican.
Just like all other countries' cuisine gets better when it reaches and get refined in the US.
Don't take it so personal.
>>
>>7300446
The millions of american tourists that come here every year, for instance.
>>
>>7300366
this t︂b︂︂h
it seems it's mostly "foodies" who aren't actually italian/mexican who bitch about authenticity the most.
>>
>>7300340
The thing that most people don't realize is that both Mexican and Italian foods are foods of people who were exceedingly impoverished in crippling subsistence level poverty for generations... that has only been "Dressed Up" for broader marketability for the last 100 or so years.

Literally both cuisines are the descendants of 1700's poor rural farmer food.

It can be tasty.
It can be filling.
But don't kid yourselves that it's something that it's not.
>>
>>7300475
And nobody argues otherwise. The point that is made is that it is frustrating for people to immediately think of the americanized versions when either is mentioned, and in most people's books poor rural farmer food from the 1700s beats mass-produced modern fast food. I'm also not sure that description fully applies to italian.
>>
>>7300340

I think in all fairness these two countries (and pretty much every other country) have a right to feel miffed when their food gets adulterated by Americans.

If you criticize America for destroying a decent cuisine, then the really butthurt country raises it's head.
>>
File: 1441831008095.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1441831008095.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
Spics on suicide watch
>>
>>7300340
Mexican here, a lot of Tex-Mex stuff is pretty good.
>>
>>7300360
>doritos locos
>not authentic mexican
shut your fucking mouth, it is mexican, and you'll fucking deal with it you motherfucking piece of shit.
>>
>>7300475
>The thing that most people don't realize is that both Mexican and Italian foods are foods of people who were exceedingly impoverished in crippling subsistence level poverty for generations... that has only been "Dressed Up" for broader marketability for the last 100 or so years.
>Literally both cuisines are the descendants of 1700's poor rural farmer food.
>It can be tasty.
>It can be filling.
>But don't kid yourselves that it's something that it's not.
It's not really true of Mexico. While they are poor on international standards, they have never been "starving" poor, because like the US, the family costs for food is neglible part of the weekly budget. In Mexico, even more so, it's exceedingly cheap to eat well, because it's local farm to table all day every day, and is low cost.

You kid yourself that the cuisine is somehow like the rice and beans of the Caribbean, or that it wasn't continental. Maximilian was Hapsburg Dynasty, and the most famous restaurant in Mexico City is french, really. It's always been a worldly capital with international influences and cuisine. It's a little bit more than tasty and filling.

I won't speak about Italy, except to say that it's far more regional than anyone thinks. And, on the flipside from Mexico, protein is far higher priced than it is in Mexico, or S. America for that matter. A big juicy steak isn't an issue at all for anyone in the Americas that isn't on an island.
>>
File: image.jpg (281KB, 1865x933px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281KB, 1865x933px
>>7300340
M8 that's one flag...
>>
>>7300475
What the fuck are you talking about? Eating well is cheap as fuck in Mexico. They're surrounded by farmers. Think before you speak.
>>
>>7300716
Wow, the butthurt that Mexican cuisine is dressed up 1700's peasant food...
>>
>>7300340
I don't know, maybe. They're both pretty fucking good though
>>
>>7300360
>WE DON'T FRY OUR FUCKING TORTILLAS TO MAKE TACOS, unless it's explicitly tacos dorados or literally fried tacos.

So you don't except when you do?

Reminds me of that clip of old chinese eating panda express enjoying it and talking about what it reminded them of and all of the asian kids in lincoln park shirts calling it inedible.

That being said, authentic Mexican food is fucking amazing.
>>
>>7300360
>not cooking your tortillas on a comal slightly slathered in oil
>implying pambazos, quesadillas, and huaraches aren't soaking in delicious oil
Nice proxy you fucking faggot. Or you're probably from some shit village in north mexico
>>
>>7300340
What people don't get is that every day mexican food is simple soups, simple stovetop quickly braised meats and eggs. fucking tones of eggs. fresh cheeses and beans, and ever present fresh tortillas.
>>
Mexico is food champions
#1 fattest
>>
I grew up eating eating authentic Mexican food, and it does make me rage when I see folks on the internet/in movies/real life saying "I'm gonna grab Mexican" and you see them eating Chipotle/Tex-Mex/Taco Bell -- which resembles nothing that I ate growing up. I wouldn't say anything if folks said "I'm gonna eat Tex-Mex, or American-Mexican food" however clunky that sounds. At least then, you're not misrepresenting what Mexican folk eat.

Fried stuff: chimichangas, hard shell tacos, "taquitos", nachos etc. are mostly an American thing.

We don't cover everything in cheese and sour cream like tex-mex. As a matter of fact, melting cheese is hardly used in Mexican cuisine. Sour cream is also something you rarely stock up on, it's used sparingly. Burritos are definitely an American thing. So are fajitas etc.

Mexicans eat braised meats and chicken (mole), grilled steak, tortas (sandwiches), hearty soups, tamales, seafood (ceviche) and so on. Mexican dishes are rather light.
>>
>>7300340
I live by the border and I get pissed off when people claim glorious Cali-Tex food is Mexican.
>>
>>7301532
share some recipies
>>
>>7300340
butthurt because they have been raped and assimilated to please amerifats and everyone elses diet.
>>
>>7301532
I eat mexican food from taco bell about once per month
>>
>>7300354
>authentic doesn't mean better

In this case it does.
>>
>>7301532
>melting cheese is hardly used in Mexican cuisine
Confirmed for not ever having lived in mexico. Everything else is right though
>>
The saddest thing about being Mexican and growing up eating authentic mexican food is that I'm so used to eating spicy/hot food that I cannot live without it. If I don't feel that familiar burn in my mouth I find the food bland.

Help me.
>>
File: S6302116.jpg (274KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
S6302116.jpg
274KB, 1024x768px
>>7301622
Have some home made pozole.
>>
>>7300996
I'm actually from Veracruz. I think you're just fat my friend.
>>
>>7301353
nope
http://www.infoplease.com/world/statistics/obesity.html
>>
>>7301532
>melting cheese is hardly used in Mexican cuisine. Sour cream is also something you rarely stock up on
I appreciate the sentiment of your post, but these are not true.

>tfw when huarache con quesillo
>>
>>7301911
we have to fund a support group
>>
>>7300340
I never see actual Italians complain, only american-italians and muh heritage fags

Mexicans are all fat and it's the only thing they have, but I can understand some perspective due to taco bell and the like
>>
ITT: white people that eat fried mayonnaise on a stick hating on mexicans because we turk deir jurbs
>>
>>7302670
Observe this fine piece of butthurt.
>>
>>7301934
Not authentic, I don't see the human meat there.
>>
this thread interests me. i've only seen american-italian people argue about "authentic" pizza. mexibros, pls share more about your everyday cuisine.
>>
>>7303101
Genuine italians argue about it, my girlfriend is always moaing about the toppings i ask for on my pizza as " we don't do that in italy", Scots-italians dont care.
>>
>>7300354
>>7300360
KEK
>>
>>7302932
sorta underrated
>>
>>7303107
Yes, putting topings are bad. Anybody - with taste - agrees on the same subject, no matter where they come from.

I swear I've seen fat people POURING ketchup in Costco. Fucking disgusting.
>>
I don't hear either argue about food like that. Do you get out much, OP? Or are you basing all of this on /ck/?
>>
>>7301532
>burritos
>american
they are from sonora
>>
>>7300340
not sure but real italian food is fucking amazing and so is mexican
>>
>>7300406
I see that a lot less often than people who more or less replicate taco bell recipes and call it authentic because it's home cooked. I couldn't care less what it's called if it tastes good and doesn't kill me.
>>
>>7302932
you're thinking about menudo, white boii
>>
>>7303107
I bet I'd make your girlfriend moan real hard, and I'm not talking about sexual excitement, if you know what I mean.

It's inventive pizza toppings. I'm talking about inventive pizza toppings.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.