[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paleo diet thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Periodic-Table-Of-Paleo-Food.png (809KB, 1090x600px) Image search: [Google]
Periodic-Table-Of-Paleo-Food.png
809KB, 1090x600px
I love how I feel on paleo I have coeliacs and a dairy intolerance but man is it hard to get enough calories in.
>>
Just go ahead and pour yourself a nice bowl of nuts, OP.
>>
>paleo
>everything on the left side and top bar has been cultivated by farmer societies for millenia
>>
>>7300089
This.

I mean it seems like there is some serious justification to the diet (though it's not for me, I like pasta way too much), but the whole "cause that's what our ancestors ate" argument always comes across as BS for this reason.

If you go back far enough, sure, but carbs have been a big part of the human diet for a long damn time.
>>
Yeah I don't really care what my ancestors ate ten thousand years ago. I just want to eat what's best for me and my gut now. There's alot of evidence saying that meat/vegies/fruit/fat is the way to go

And grains/legumes/dairy and sugar/processed food are inflammatory and contain anti nutrients that affect our health and mood
>>
>>7300112
>And grains/legumes/dairy and sugar/processed food are inflammatory and contain anti nutrients that affect our health and mood
most people are lactose intolerant and shouldn't have dairy, but for others who aren't it's perfectly fine. those antinutrients have been shown in some studies to help prevent cancer and kidney stones. sugar is fine in proper amounts but most people consume 10-20x the amount they should every single day.
>>
>>7300117

Yeah I only eat sugar from fruit. Apparently the fructose slows down the insulin spike and metabolism of the glucose contained within

Low sugar is not for me, keep it under 80 grams a day imo
>>
>>7300112
Personally for me it's about priorities.

Yes I want to be _reasonably_ healthy, so I avoid excessive carbs and try to get more meat/veggies/beans/etc in my diet. That said, a lot of really good food is loaded with carbs, and food being one of the basic pleasures of life I'm willing to trade a little bit of health for it.
>>
>>7300072
Fermented dairy in moderation is good, especially grass-fed. Same goes for whey. Some cheeses in moderation can also be beneficial.

Ancient grains also have some benefit but I agree wheat in general is overrated. Rice is preferred.

Non-dogmatic paleo is best.
>>
>>7300072
that table is fucking stupid. also oreos arent paleo so why would you be paleo
>>
paleo is a diet scam made for men.

Most diet scams are for women.

Want to lose weight? stop eating fat and sugar. It's really that easy. No special diet needed.
>>
>>7300072
So carrots react violently and pecans are highly radioactive?
>>
>dairy intolerance
>not taking a lactase pill
>>
>>7300072
>I have coeliacs and a dairy intolerance
>man is it hard to get enough calories in

Evolution in action. What a wonderful thing.
>>
File: caveman_hipster_ak[1].jpg (63KB, 736x576px) Image search: [Google]
caveman_hipster_ak[1].jpg
63KB, 736x576px
>>7300649
>wheat in general is overrated
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.