[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever think about the environmental impact of your food?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 4644419.jpg (64KB, 366x239px) Image search: [Google]
4644419.jpg
64KB, 366x239px
Do you ever think about the environmental impact of your food? Is there anything you won't eat because of the effects on the environment?

The only things I won't eat right now is eel, due to it being endangered, and farmed tiger prawns.
I also try to eat organic bananas because I've heard the pesticides they use for the regular ones are particular horrible for the workers. I think eating organic because you're afraid of eating miniscule amounts of pesticides yourself is pretty silly though.
>>
File: krusty spray.jpg (87KB, 1060x597px) Image search: [Google]
krusty spray.jpg
87KB, 1060x597px
I protest eating oysters because they're too important to the chesapeake bay to be eaten. I like how flying dog brewery in Maryland makes an oyster stout that literally kill oysters and donates a portion of the profits to the oyster recovery partnership. Textbook definition of hypocrite. So I also protest that beer
>>
beef and pork and dairy and leather. Also try to eat family's food before it expires. A lot of food comes in excessive packaging which is frustrating. We produce a lot of garbage.

I paid much more attention to this when I lived alone. I am disabled and do not buy food anymore... am the only one in the house who gives a shit so I live and let live. The high price of beef keeps them from buying it though.
>>
>>7299377
Word, someone else who cares about the oysters in the Chesapeake. Oysters are tasty, but the Bay is a mess and the last thing I want to do is be a part of fucking it up even further.
>>
Orange Roughy is one fish I won't eat and I'm trying as hard as I can to get over my shark fin soup addiction.
>>
File: 1403213810220.jpg (687KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1403213810220.jpg
687KB, 1920x1080px
>>7299308
Fuck no. I'd eat any endangered species or resurrected extinct one for that matter.
I plan to hunt polar bear and turn it into chili, a rug, and a jacket someday.
>>
>>7299308
I hate all living things. I intend to use my edge to kill more living things.
>>
>>7299515

There are also restaurants along the chesapeake in maryland that offer "oyster dining at ease". Which promise to replenish every oyster you eat with one at a farm. Dictionary definition of working backwards.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.