[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make oatmeal taste good without adding too much sugar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 2

File: technology.jpg (190KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
technology.jpg
190KB, 1600x1200px
How do I make oatmeal taste good without adding too much sugar?
>>
Just use syrup instead
>>
Add salt too.

And vanilla extract.
>>
Protein Powder(Whey or Casein)
Fruit Preserves
Bananas
Yogurt
Nut Butters
>>
>>7299010
This.
Just add a bit of yogurt or banana to it and you're set. I find adding sugar only gives it the tiniest amount of sweetness no matter how much you add or mix around. Better to add fruit.
>>
uh, honey
>>
>>7298989
A dash of brown sugar, and maple syrup. A little milk. and some bananas or raisins.
>>
>>7299010
Is the protein powder just for protein, or are you talking about the flavoured ones? (vanilla, chocolate, etc)
>>
You'll have to start by buying oats, and not premade oatmeal mixes. Since you'll have the base foundation of oatmeal--the oats--you can customize it to however you want. Try and search online for what goes good with the oat flavor profile. Oats in general are a hardy meal, generally bland, but can be spruced up to add flavor. Are you looking to make it a healthy meal? Then I'd stay away from fat, lards and cholesterol adding foods like eggs and cheese. Go with low sugar sweeteners like blackberries which only have 7g of sugar per serving. Or if you're looking for more harty flavors try adding some mushrooms. Mushrooms sound kind of weird, but they're surprisingly not in oats of cooked the right way.

Basically, if you just get some oats and try a bunch of different recipes of your own creation, you'll eventually find one that will work with what you're looking for.
>>
>>7299016
no sugar you fucking idiot
>>
>>7299016
>raisins in oatmeal
>>
How I've always made oatmeal:
(1 person)
1 dl rolled oats
2 dl water
1/2 ml salt
Boil on stove or in microwave.
Serve as it is, with milk poured on top
>>
>>7299032

turbinado
jaggery
molasses
stevia
splenda
sacchrin
cane sugar
>>
>>7299039
>raisins in anything
>>
Stop being a literal child?
>>
>>7299032
>without adding too much sugar
>too much sugar
fucking pleb without too much doesnt mean nothing completely. dont put too much salt doesnt mean dont put any at all
>>
>>7298989
pretend you're a horse. it's what i do
>>
I've been cooking rolled oats for breakfast for a few weeks, how do I stop them sticking to the pan though? There's always a coating that sticks in the pan, it isn't burnt. I've also noticed a goopy film rises to the top when I cook them? I just fill the pan with water for a few minutes after adding the cooked oats to the bowl and the oats that stick completely loosen up and I can just scoop them up and bin them. I've been using one cup of oats to 2½- 3 cups of water.
>>
I use milk instead of water to cook it.
Tastyyyy
>>
I always put molasses and a bit of salt on my oatmeal. That's how they've been doing it for like 100 years.
>>
>>7299350
rolled oats are practically instant oats. just put it in your bowl with boiling water.
>>
>>7298989
I used to always eat it with halfa teaspoon of salt and a bit of butter, lately with some brown sugar and salt. Salt makes it for me.
>>
>>7299355
What do you mean?
>>
>>7298989
salt and honey is my fav combo
>>
>>7299355
>just put it in your bowl with boiling water.

Can you elaborate on this a but more m8? I'm dumb.
>>
>>7299363
lol I really don't think I possibly can.

Uh... make sure the bowl is big enough for both the oats in the water together

there you go!
>>
>>7299370
So what you are saying is add a bunch of hot water to the pan of cooked oats then dump all of it into the bowl to eat? Why would I do this?
>>
Oatmeal is disgusting.

The only people who enjoy it add a shit ton of sweet shit to make it palatable, or are /fit/ fags who have no taste to begin with, and view food as another chore on the path to "making it".
>>
>>7299374
jesus you're stupid

>take bowl
>add desire amount of dry oatmeal
>add desire amount of hot water
>profit
>>
>>7299389
I did tell you that m8
>>
Lime juice and coconut.

Really.
>>
I'm surprised no one mentioned peanut butter.
It's sugary but most kinds of peanut butter will mix decently in oatmeal. Thickens and sweetens it a little and adds a little protein. It's given me a few good mornings
>>
I usually make it with a teaspoon or two of brown sugar, and a handful of blueberries.

>>7299575
I don't know why I've never thought of that but I'm definitely doing it next time.
>>
if you're worried about sugar, use artificial sweeteners. I use sugar free maple syrup all the time.
>>
>>7299575
>forgot to mention peanut butter
>it's sugary
What?
>>
I always make mine with mixed berries

just oats water and berries

Strawberry
Blueberry
Raspberry
Currant
Blackberry

it's fucking delicious
>>
Never gonna make it you faggot
Honey and fruits
>>
>>7299018
>if you want it to be healthy
>stay away from fat and add sugar
Kill yourself you ignorant pleb.
>>
>>7299679
Duck off you white bread fascist>>7299015
Stfu trip fag
>>
>>7298989
look up recipes for savory grits and use oatmeal instead

the problem with adding sugar is that you either add too little and it's still bland or too much that it tastes good, but it's more of a dessert at that point
>>
>>7298989
Cinnamon
>>
Cook it with bits of fruit like cranberries or apples, and use milk and a pinch of cinnamon or honey/molasses
>>
eat pinto beans for breakfast instead. Much nicer meal.
>>
>>7299010
Yeh I add vanilla proton powder to mine with a bannana, blueberries and some psylium husk and linseeds, makes it a more balanced meal and tastes heaps better
>>
>>7299379
Keep hating fatty, you are never going to make it
>>
>>7301330

>everyone who doesn't follow the religion of squats n' oats is a fat fuck

It's possible to be healthy and in decent shape while still enjoying food, and not eating horse food, anon.
>>
>>7301318
>proton powder
>>
PEANUT
BUTTER

FRUIT
PRESERVES
>>
>>7299007
This.

Also, sumac is very good in oatmeal. If you can find some, it's worth trying out.
>>
>>7299018
This exactly.
>>
>>7301421
About the real oats. Eggs, cheese and lard are are good for you.
>>
>>7301428
No. They're just "maybe" not bad for you according to a few studies.
>>
>>7298989

>cinnamon
>nutmeg
>cloves

how fucking hard can it be to season oatmeal, god damn
>>
>>7299039
when i was a little kid my favorite was instant raisin oatmeal made with cold tap water
did i trigger anyone?
>>
>>7301444
trips speaks
>>
>>7301354
>decent shape
>good shape
Pick one fatty
>>
>>7298989
I usually add a spoonful of peanutbutter to plain instant oatmeal and it makes it palatable. It also adds protein.
>>
>>7298989
I always eat oatmeal with little butter eye because oatmeal tastes shitty with sugar.
>>
>>7301559

I used to do this or with milk.

>not eating dry oatmeal packets to the dome
>>
>>7299575

I add peanut butter and cinnamon
>>
>>7299636
This. Sugar free maple syrup is god tier in oatmeal.

I put some of that and cinnamon in mine.
>>
>>7302880
This. Add butter, makes it delicious. Sugar adds shitty taste.
>>
Pour a glass of whisky over
>>
>>7304001
Where do you even buy that?
>>
>>7304070
At the supermarket. I also put sugar free maple syrup in my veggie bean chili. It gives it the sweetness of canned baked beans, but without any sugar of course. Also tastes great in nonfat plain yogurt.
>>
>>7298989
>make oatmeal with half milk half water
>throw some butter on top
>let it melt
>throw frozen blueberries on top
I could probably live only eating this
>>
>>7299017
both
>>
Should i make oatmeal with water or milk?
>>
>>7304390
In my experience, hot cereal should always have milk.

Even if it's just half milk, half water or even skim milk or almond milk.
>>
>>7298989
Use salt, also put a small chunk of butter in the middle and dip spoonfuls to melted butter.
>>
>>7298989
Add just enough sugar
>>
>>7298989
steel cut tastes better than rolled
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.