[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on pic related and others like it? I get Hellfresh once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: download (2).jpg (7KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7KB, 246x205px
Thoughts on pic related and others like it? I get Hellfresh once a month (veggie box) and its awesome. Also get TryTheWorld boxes that are really fun to get and 75% of the boxes are amazing, completely unique items.
>>
Maybe post a link, or something more than a thumbnail, next time, and people will have some clue what you're asking about.
>>
>>7298003
Shit's all over the place I thought people would know sorry.
https://www.hellofresh.com/
https://www.trytheworld.com/

It's all completely pretentious luxuries meant to draw you in by pure impulse...but the truth is it's working and it's cool
>>
>>7297986
Why not just spend less money and simply buy the same ingredients at the supermarket?
>>
>>7298085
Worst coasters have too much money and not enough sense
>>
>>7298075
>https://www.trytheworld.com/

I thought it would be things that are straight from the country, but I guess it's X cuisine made in the US, like the Thai box.

Disappointing.
>>
>>7298085
I'm lazy?

It comes premeasured, high quality ingredients, delivered to your doorstep. I got the first few boxes for free which is how it started and now it's a once a month splurge. I work 9-5, sometimes evenings at a second job and every weekend. It's the easiest thing to have this sitting in my fridge.

My problem is I'm really justifying the splurge on the fact that it makes me happy and that's probably just not a good enough reason. Just want to hear others' opinions
>>
File: blue-apron-logo.png (6KB, 252x116px) Image search: [Google]
blue-apron-logo.png
6KB, 252x116px
>>7298075

Expensive (over-priced?)

Gets me to try new stuff I would never bother taking the time going to the supermarket for.

HelloFresh started out good, but quality of produce went to downhill fast.
>>
>>7298108
I've had the France, Spain and Holiday box and majority (if not all) the ingredients were actually products of the country. Unless they lied. I'll check the Thai box though cuz if they are made in the US that's bullshit and I'm a moronic consumer...
>>
>>7298118
So it's the same shit you can buy but you get less of it for more money? Not forgetting you get a recipe you definitely couldn't possibly get on the first page of Google.
>if you're happy with that so be it. Fill your boots
>>
This sounds more like an ad than anything else
>>
>>7298085
Exactly why I don't buy it. My work recently started doing this shit, free delivery to the office and 20% off too because we're a whole company getting it. Pretty cool idea but I'm poor enough as it is.
>>
shit like that doesn't work here because of high shipping prices, dunno about in america or europe.

There are local farmers here who organize a monthly produce basket you can buy of locally grown shit albeit subpar "quality". Nothing too wrong just minor cosmetic issues and such that keep it from being export grade. for a fraction of the price, it makes a decent buy and is directly supporting the lot of em.
>>
>>7297986
Seems to me like a step up/down from ready meals. Fair enough if you like a certain recipe but surely you can recreate that same recipe for cheaper next time without the need for this?
>>
>>7298145
That sounds great. Here in the UK we have 3 types of eggs depending on how factory workers describe their appearance. We have supermarket, catering and pet food eggs. I'd happily pay less for less aesthetically pleasing eggs
>>
>$10 american per person for a meal at cheapest before shipping
jesus christ
>>
>being this rich and lazy
>>
>>7298151

Majority of the meals have been good. Weekly meals for about a year and never a repeat. I think in that time I've tossed out about 4 meals that were terrible.

Some of the recipes have become regular meals for me (with the groceries purchased significantly cheaper at the local market)
>>
>>7298160
it's like that for a lot of agricultural foods
so many have different grades that are purely visual based. I mean I understand why stores want to sell the nicer looking ones but when they're all cooked up no one will no the difference.
>>
>>7298145
This. I currently get a locally grown box of stuff for just over ten bucks a week and I only have to drive about a mile to get it. The stuff is way better quality than the only other option in town (Wal-Mart) and I get plenty to last all week.
>>
>>7298151
>>7298085
>>7298166
Incredibly lazy. Also incredibly not rich.
Am I just being duped? How do I find simple, easy, fast recipes like these consistently. I'm not a particularly experienced cook and these are just so disgustingly easy.
>>
>>7298180
Dunno, just get them occasionally if they really make you happy. Doesn't sound economically feasible for daily cooking but if they get you in the kitchen cooking a good meal, screw it.
>>
>>7298180
Post the recipes mate
>>
File: Butternut Squash Sage Risotto.jpg (9KB, 219x123px) Image search: [Google]
Butternut Squash Sage Risotto.jpg
9KB, 219x123px
>>7298212
Shit pics sorry. Chose some of my favourite (I like risotto) Butternut Squash and sage risotto
>>
File: WP_20160122_21_05_23_Pro.jpg (403KB, 1632x916px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160122_21_05_23_Pro.jpg
403KB, 1632x916px
>>7298212 >>7298247

Tortilla soup with fresh avocado
>>
File: WP_20160122_21_06_17_Pro.jpg (422KB, 1632x916px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160122_21_06_17_Pro.jpg
422KB, 1632x916px
>>7298212
>>7298247
Winter Risotto
>>
>>7298254
Couldn't make out the first pic but the other two look like generic everyday googleable recipes. We've all been there and although everyone on ck will say Google is the best place for recipes you should probably just buy any old cookbook and go from there. I started cooking in college and tried recipes from my female roommates cookbooks and went from there. If you don't understand something come back and ask us, were actually pretty good at that but flat out asking us for recipes will get you nowhere on this board for whatever reason. Also if you like a particular fish just Google it and try the first recipe, if its not right try the one after that. You'll figure it out in the end
>>
>>7298180
Honestly Rachel Ray has tons of recipes in under thirty minutes and even does a week of food in an hour. Might be a good place to start.
>>
>>7298393
I'm a pretty decent cook, my mom taught me from when I was little. I'm not experienced in that my technique is shit so I putz around and in the end have something good that wasn't worth the effort. Also I don't have the discipline or knowledge to make a grocery list and eat for a week on it. That's why these are helpful and why I don't know how to just pull 7 recipes offline that will all conincide in one shopping.

>>7298513
This might be more my speed with that one hour thing. I'll give it a go thank anon
>>
>look it up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwYdcMXNTFE
jesus christ those tiny portions
>>
>>7298247
When I made butternut squash/sage risotto, I just used google to find a recipe. The BBC one was pretty good.
>>
They're interesting to have now and again but overpriced. I get a box if they send me a discount. I wouldn't get them every week, though, even if the price were lower because a lot of the recipes are of the same format. The one meat two veg meals start to annoy me over time, as well as the stir fries, and their cooking times are often too long for chicken so you need to account for that.

>>7298663
I actually find the portions are generally too large so when they say a meal is for two, it usually gets stretched to three filling meals, unless it's a salad.
>>
>>7297986
The market for this is so insanely over-saturated, I'm glad I decided not to make my own start-up version of this 2 years ago.
>>
>>7298166
>being this poor and butthurt
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.