[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to try sushi but don't want raw fish. Can U cook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: 1450197760110.gif (1MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1450197760110.gif
1MB, 360x240px
I want to try sushi but don't want raw fish. Can U cook sushi with cooked chicken or vegetables?
>>
>>7297933
Not all sushi is made with raw fish. Just don't eat the raw fish types if you don't want raw fish.
>>
>>7297940
Which kind doesn't have raw fish? I really don't even like seafood, are there any without it? Chicken might be wishful thinking but they should make a vegetarian one
>>
>>7297933
I hate people who dismiss foods without even trying it once.
How do you know, maybe you'll like raw fish. At least try it once to see what it tastes like. It's not going to fucking kill you. If sushi didn't taste good, it wouldn't be such a popular food item world wide
>>
File: whatscooking.sushi.jpg (29KB, 390x241px) Image search: [Google]
whatscooking.sushi.jpg
29KB, 390x241px
>>7297946
There's avacado and vegetable (sometimes with tempura) rolls. Also, inarizushi
>>
>>7297951
I don't eat raw meat out of principal
>>
just try it you pussy. i hate fish but i love sushi.
>>
>>7297946
If you don't want sushi and don't even want fish, why are you even trying to eat sushi in the first place?

Most sushi places have some non-fish options like teriyaki chicken or something similar, just get that instead.
>>
>>7297946
Just stick to McDonalds to cultureless high school dropout hick faggot
>>
>>7297965
I want sushi though, just one without seafood
>>
>>7297985

There's some vegetable sushi. Also weird stuff like quail egg, etc.

I suggest trying unagi sushi. It's cooked, and it's eel, with a delicious-ass sauce. It rules.
>>
It's hard to adjust to the idea that you are eating raw fish but you have to trust me when I say they would not make it if it was not tasty.
>>
>>7297985
Seafood is the star of and pretty much the point of sushi. If you don't like fish, you're better off just eating something else instead of pretend "sushi" made with no fish.
>>
File: 7002053985_ba6d9c9c24.jpg (139KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
7002053985_ba6d9c9c24.jpg
139KB, 500x334px
>>7297946
There are veggie ones, egg ones and ones with tempura shrimp. Inari is God tier, also it's probably not something sushi snobs would call "real" sushi, but a Vegas roll is always good.
>>
>>7297933
>wants to try sushi
>doesn't want raw fish
>sushi has raw fish
WHAT DO YOU WANT YOU FUCKING CHILD
>>
>>7297985
>I want a salad, just no lettuce
>>
File: A-bowl-of-rice.jpg (72KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
A-bowl-of-rice.jpg
72KB, 500x337px
>>7297985
I have a suggestion for you
>>
>>7297933
http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-sashimi-info/sushi-for-beginners/
>>
>>7298371
Japanese people eat sushi too, and they aren't weebs
>>
>>7298371
The fuck are you talking about? Sushi is eaten pretty much everywhere, by everyone. That's like saying anyone who eats schnitzel is a neo-Nazi.
>>
boasting a classi/ck/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc6v8IUe_0g

>>7298327
>>7297994
>>7297993

trust when i say this: I. Hate. Seafood. all of it every kind, cooked any way. gag.

but I love sushi, I eat it by choice all the time. Got it?
>>
>>7298613
heh. nothin persanole
>>
>>7297933
I was in the same boat as you OP, but now I raw fish sushi. With that being said, anything with "tempura" in the description or name is cooked.
>>
>>7297933
>raw fish
This really isn't a problem. California roll seems to be the most popular basic roll. It's made form artificial crab meat which is processed pollock.
>>
I'm vegan and I get sushi all the time.

I highly recommend honey roasted peanuts with avocado in a roll. It's the only one close to on par with the raw fish ones imo.
>>
>>7298735
Thank you for telling us you're vegan. It was necessary for us to know.
>>
>>7297946
sushi was originally made to be a seafood thing
so you're kind of asking if there's like
sandwiches without bread
like maybe?
but what's the point?
>>
>>7297933
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimbap

Korean version of sushi that uses cooked instead of raw meats.
>>
>>7299057
It was a relevant aspect. Stop being so jealous. You could do it too if you wanted.
>>
>>7299064
so a wrap?
>>
>>7298437
Go drink bleach you literal aspie
>>
>>7297962
what principle is that?
Also, learn principle over principal, christ.
>>
>>7299088
Take a plane to the middle of Damascus and start running around with a knife
>>
File: kimbap.jpg (10KB, 289x175px) Image search: [Google]
kimbap.jpg
10KB, 289x175px
>>7297933
>>7297985
>>
I cover the sushi in wasabi and soy sauce so its near impossible to taste the actual sushi any way.
>>
>>7299119
Then why buy sushi?
>>
Fuck you op, fuck you to hell.
>>
>>7299119
the burn tho

God I want sushi now. Fuck you dude
>>
>>7299089
>not disemboweling a principal for sustenance
>>
>>7299122
Not op but I'm hijacking this thread. I'm well aware that it is possible to use cooked ingredients in rolls. I went out today and got some basic stuff

>rice
>rice vinegar
>soy sauce
>siracha
>wasabi sauce (tube)
>nori (pic related)
>imitation crab leg

What are some other basic ingredients I should get? types of salmon? what veggies do I need? Sauces and dips? I feel like I've stepped up from the cup noodle, canned chilli lunches I've been eating recently, but my sushi starter pack is level 2 novice mode

>nothing but qt3.14 Filipino women at my work that bring home-cooked lunches everyday
>>
File: Kim-kardashian-nori-west-nov2804.jpg (127KB, 969x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Kim-kardashian-nori-west-nov2804.jpg
127KB, 969x1500px
>>7299279
Forgot pic of nori
>>
>>7298330
>what is egg salad
>what is rocket
>what is spinach
>what is potato

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with vegetable sushi. You could also try smoked salmon.
>>
>>7297933
If the "raw fish" part of sushi is unappealing, then what do you want to try? Rice? Nori?

There are cooked sushi rolls though. Softshell crab can be fun
>>
>>7297933
California roll
Shrimp
Anything tempura
Crab & shrimp are always cooked whether it's in sushi or not.
If you're feeling really ballsy try octopus, it's also been cooked. You probably can eat it raw but the texture would be very unappealing
>>
>>7299279
Get canned tuna and mix it with some mayo and sriracha and use that
>>
>>7299393
Things that really aren't really salads

There's nothing wrong with it, but you're eliminating a major essence of sushi
>>
>>7297994

There are several Japanese varieties of sushi that don't use fish or even seafood. It's not 'pretend' by any definition. Ironic given that a lot of popular American fish-based sushi can be called 'pretend' under a lot of criteria.

Of course, arguing about the authenticity of vendor food is stupid anyway.
>>
>>7297962
is it the "im a giant fag" principle?
>>
>>7297933
Hahahahaha
Flyovers everyone.
>>
>>7298613
>want to try sushi
>love sushi
>>
Sushi (すし, 寿司, 鮨?) is a Japanese food consisting of cooked vinegared rice (鮨飯 sushi-meshi?) combined with other ingredients (ネタ neta?), raw uncooked seafood, vegetables and sometimes tropical fruits. Ingredients and forms of sushi presentation vary widely, but the ingredient which all sushi have in common is rice (also referred to as shari (しゃり?) or sumeshi (酢飯?)).

Sushi can be prepared with either brown or white rice. It is often prepared with raw seafood, but some common varieties of sushi use cooked ingredients or are vegetarian. Raw fish (or occasionally other meat) sliced and served without rice is called "sashimi". Sushi is often served with pickled ginger (ガリ gari), wasabi, and soy sauce. Popular garnishes are often made using daikon.

-Wikipedia

tl;dr, There's nothing in the definition of sushi that suggests fish/seafood as a required ingredient and people arguing that sushi without fish is the equivalent of a sandwich without bread/ a salad without lettuce are wrong.

Also, eat what you want. If you're letting semantics get in the way of eating what you enjoy, you need to stop and reflect on what you're doing.
>>
>>7301250
Why?

Why should be beneath something that isn't vendors food?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.