[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Basics of Spicing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: groups-of-lentils.jpg (40KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
groups-of-lentils.jpg
40KB, 700x466px
Poor college student that needs to eat here.

I'm stocking up on all the staples like dried beans, rice, and the like. I already know I'm going to get sick of these, so I'd like to learn how to spice my food when I cook.
>>
>>7297714
ask your mother to teach you
>>
>>7297714
You add spices to it.
>>
>>7297714
You can't go wrong with lots of tarragon and fennel.
>>
>>7297714
Get an egg
>>
File: spices.png (364KB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [Google]
spices.png
364KB, 1650x1275px
Start with pepper and a couple of chilli powders, plain hot chilli and something like paprika or cayenne. After that, cumin and coriander are probably the most commonly used spices.

Add turmeric, cinnamon and mustard seeds if you like Indian flavours, dried herbs for more Mediterranean stuff, though you can get frozen herbs now that aren't bad. Lemon juice, tomato paste and brown sugar will help.

Chinese "five spice" is fennel, cinnamon, cloves, star anise and pepper, but that's kinda too strong to use on staples so you'd be better off with fresh garlic, ginger and chilli if you want to lean Asian.
>>
>>7297849
Where's the tarragon in that picture?! It's a lie!
>>
Buy vegetables.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.