[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a legitimate argument against MSG and GMOs? pic unrelated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: lewd teacher.png (119KB, 870x870px) Image search: [Google]
lewd teacher.png
119KB, 870x870px
Is there a legitimate argument against MSG and GMOs?

pic unrelated
>>
>pic unrelated

Those two issues are unrelated.
>>
>>7297296
1. You'll never have more MSG than when you dump soy sauce over your food like an autistic asian.

2. GM is a tool that is vulnerable to misuse but has been widely misunderstood by the public. GMOs are the only way we can feed 9 billion people though.
>>
>>7297386
>GMOs are the only way we can feed 9 billion people though.
bombs and bullets are cheaper
>>
>>7297402
edgy
>>
>>7297296
no

being anti-msg, or anti-gmo, is the same as being pro-bernie sanders
if someone suggests that as their opinion, it is safe to end the discussion right there on the spot because they will have nothing valid or substantial to contribute to it
>>
>>7297443
what's being pro-trump, then?
>>
>>7297402
Not really.
>>
>>7297453
Patriotic American
>>
>>7297453
>those are the only two choices
do you like bernie? save me the trouble so I can decide whether or not to keep talking to you
>>
File: 932101.jpg (30KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
932101.jpg
30KB, 650x433px
>>7297464
I voted for pic related
>>
>>7297453
people who only eat tendies and try to pretend its paleo
>>
>>7297296
This is probably more /sci/ related, but the closest logical argument you could make against GMOs and non-organic food in general is that it promotes over consumption of phosphorus. Phosphorus is a key component of fertilizers and is also an important food additive (phosphoric acid is what gives soda it's tart flavor). Running out of phosphorus would be like running out of oil, except instead of the end of cheap gas it would be the end of cheap food.

tl;dr non-organic foods use fertilizer, which we will eventually run out of within the next 50 years
>>
>>7297402
famine and drought are cheaper.
FTFY
War is definitely not.
>>
>>7297485
no
>>
>>7297487
no u
>>
>>7297485
Not just P. Most N fertilizers are made using fossil fuels. Running out of oil will be running out of food.
>>
>>7297453
choking on dick and pretending it's steak
>>
>>7297453
trump really isn't all that bad. hes just abrasive with how he carries himself.
>>
>>7297492
Even if we do run out of oil there are alternative,more expensive ways to derive N and hydrocarbons, but running out of P will really fuck over food security in most areas of the world.

Again, I know this sounds more like it should go on /sci/, but OP asked for a legitimate argument that doesn't venture into Monsanto-conspiracy tinfoil hattery.
>>
>>7297526
I interpret that as a reason GMOs are a necessity. if our ability to cultivate things will be compromised, we will need to create crops that can be more easily grown under those compromised circumstances.
>>
>>7297522
>lying to get elected not all that bad
>>
>>7297555
lying about what specifically?
you know that pretty much by definition politicians are liars, right? the words are practically interchangeable
>>
File: IMG_3354.jpg (272KB, 1600x1081px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3354.jpg
272KB, 1600x1081px
>not having a bag of msg in the pantry
>>
>>7297473
Thats paul "the rube" rubio right? Most people only look at the serious candidates
>>
People don't understand the science behind GMOs and get scared by simple genetics. There is no difference in genetically modifying and selective breeding only the former can be done 1000x faster and for specific genes you want. The real problem comes from introducing those genes back into wild populations which could basically fuck up raw genetic diversity needed to identify traits for say disease resistance. However, in heavily modified crops like corn you don't really need to worry about that since they don't have any close wild relatives.
>>
>>7297588
a reality tv star spouting bullshit is a serious candidate?
>>
>>7297591
and it's important to note, this is where the liberal double talk starts happening
>but wild genetic diversity could be compromised
ok, so we'll just make the crop unable to reproduce naturally
>oh, typical capitalists trying to force farmers to keep buying your seeds year after year!
>>
>>7297526

i dont think theres a conspiracy going on with Monsanto, but i do think their patenting genetic sequences should be a huge red flag

theres no way that shit goes well, thats then stuff that causes trouble
>>
>>7297604

i agree with your point, but there are other ways to prevent contamination other than self termination, which is what theyve gone with so far
>>
>>7297588
it's Justin Trudeau you pleb

current PM of Canada
>>
>>7297609
Yeah it's like the start of a lame sci-fi movie starring Johnny Depp.
>>
>>7297633
I forgot Canada was a country
>>
>>7297386
It's not the only way. It's just that most of the world doesn't care enough or is too much of a shit hole to feed itself, so agricultural businesses have taken to farming as much as they can out of as small of an area as they can. It's a pretty smart move on their part for the short term, but long term it's fucking stupid. All it does is enable populations that can't feed themselves to keep growing.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.