[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Is it normal to ask waitress to butter the bread? Was at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: black-emo.jpg (32KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
black-emo.jpg
32KB, 500x345px
>Is it normal to ask waitress to butter the bread?

Was at dinner last night and after the waitress brought our bread out I asked if she could butter it. She gave me this weird look but then buttered it. Is this not normal?
>>
>>7295046
>would you like me to assign someone to butte your muffin?
>>
Butter your own bread you weirdo
>>
>>7295052
Stop trying to make "fetch" a thing, anon.
>>
Do you also ask the restroom attendant to wipe your ass for you?
>>
>>7295046

technically in a proper service ala russe, the waiter should NEVER touch your food for anyreason. The right thing to do would have been for her to get the maitre'd who could have investigated your wishes and then sent the rolls back to the kitchen to be buttered for you by the chefs. These days you can cheat a little bit and the server can make that decision on their own but never ever ever should they touch your food for any reason
>>
>>7295059
Thats a horrible analogy
>>
>>7295058
>meme girls
>>
>>7295059
No but I wouldn't stop them
>>
No. That's totally fucking normal and acceptable...
>>
Meh, in a diner I would expect my bread to be buttered. In a restaurant where they served fresh loaves, you're left to slice and butter your own.

I guess somewhere in the middle, if I was brought out unbuttered bread, and not provided room-temperature butter on the side, I would ask for whipped or room temp butter. Or, usually because those establishments are shit, I'll just dunk it in my soup and make a mental note not to ever expect good bread there again.
>>
>>7295076
good one

>>>/mcdonalds/
>>
File: 1447720419601.gif (248KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1447720419601.gif
248KB, 480x270px
>>7295046
U fuckin weirdo
>>
>>7295046
Why would you ask the waitress to do anything extra? It's awkward enough having somebody carrying things to your table, and now you're upping the ante by making further demands? What an attitude.
>>
>>7295109
social degenerate detected
>>
>>7295061
This. Only cooks get to touch my food.
>>
File: X Files Warm-up.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
X Files Warm-up.png
2MB, 1366x768px
I've been re-watching X Files in anticipation of the new season and just saw pic related. This seems like an appropriate thread in which to ask about it.

Do people really ask baristas at coffee shops to heat up bottles of breast milk for their babies?

The whole issue of breast feeding, or even bringing a baby to a restaurant in the first place is controversial, but has anyone actually ever seen someone ask for the staff to heat up a bottle they brought from home? It seems like it shouldn't even be in the same area where food is being prepared.
>>
>>7295067
Stop trying to make meme a thing, Anon.
>>
>>7295111
Nice trips
I was thinking you sound like a jerk but trips don't lie
>>
>>7295216
what in the name of Jesus
>>
>>7295216
I've never seen it, but if I did I wouldn't think much of it and wouldn't assume it was breast milk.
>>
>>7295487

Even if it was formula I would 360 it out of there if I saw the staff put a baby's bottle someone bought from home into the kitchen area.
>>
>>7295216
Baristas can do it really easy actually, and I have been asked to when I was a barista. I just used my steamer pitcher, added water, and put the bottle in that, and steamed it for a minute or so. Worked fine. The steamed water sanitizes the outside of the bottle too, and you can steam the bottle itself as well to be sure.

In a restaurant though? I dunno what I'd do if someone asked; if it was busy probably "fuck off" but if it was slow? On the stovetop in a pan of water I guess, like they'd do at home, assuming they had time to wait?
>>
>>7295046
I always get the waitress to butter my bread if you know what I mean
>>
File: 1391576510257.jpg (33KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1391576510257.jpg
33KB, 848x900px
>>7295046
>>Is it normal to ask waitress to butter the bread?
>>
>>7295046
>be a waitress making shit pay
>hardly anyone tips
>just trying to get through this shift
>bring one of my tables there bread
>just as I'm about to leave to my next table someone in the party asks "W-will you butter my bread??"
>give weird look
>I'm not supposed to touch their food but do it anywaus because I'm sure he was slow
>>
>>7295120
Don't you mean cocks?
>>
>>7295556

She either just started or had been doing shots with the BoH.
>>
>>7295046
Did you also ask if she'd operate the utensils for you? And make plane or truck noises as she feeds you?
>>
>>7295487
Why wouldn't you assume that? Out of some ass-backwards concept of respect?

I'm pretty sure Breast Milk can carry STDs.

It should be allowed in an area where food for the public is being produced just as much as blood or semen
>>
>>7295534
not a clue
>>
>go out for breakfast
>toast comes out unbuttered with little butter packets
>toast is already too cold to melt the butter

the only time I've ever experienced this

shit idea imo
>>
>>7295216
I don't think it's normal and if I was asked I'd tell them it's a health violation. Fuck parents who bring their little shits out to anywhere but walmart.
>>
>>7295568
Heh
>>
>>7295565
BTFO
>>
if you make your waitress butter your bread with a straight face, you better give her a damn good tip.
>>
>>7295533
No fuck that.

Simply tell them you would, but it doesn't comply with health code.
>>
lol now I want to do this just to awkwardly fuck with a waitress.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 613x668px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 613x668px
It's weird for a server to butter your bread but it's not abnormal for them to pepper your food? zmh 2bh
>>
>>7297097
>Little butter packets are rock hard
>>
>>7297201
You fail at intelligence
>>
File: 7658762.jpg (55KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
7658762.jpg
55KB, 600x400px
>>7297201
you lika da pepper?
>>
>>7295216
All you have to do is bring them a cup of hot water. It's pretty obvious most of the responders to this post don't have kids and have never worked in customer service, yet have very strong opinions about both. It's not all about you, snowflakes.
>>
>>7297201
what part of "not touching food" are you misunderstanding
>>
>>7297250

I'd recommend never opening a tipping thread.
>>
>>7296733
Iirc, there are usually several humans worth of blood in every food prep area. The semen is a maybe, but yeah, probably that too.
>>
>>7297257
Kek! Love those! Do they still do the GMO/organic threads around here? Classics!
>>
>>7295061
What this motherfu/ck/er said. At least in the US, waitstaff don't touch the food. If something wasn't prepared to your satisfaction, ask that it be sent back to be corrected. Though for buttering, I would just ask that they bring you some butter. Asking waitstaff to butter your bread is absolutely a breach of normal protocol. If there was butter and a butter knife already at the table, that should have been an obvious sign you should have done this yourself.

There are food treatments that waitstaff may perform as part of the normal transaction, perhaps grating Parmesan or pepper on a dish, igniting a showy flaming dish, or torching a creme brulee by the table. But in none of these instances should their hands come in contact with the food.
>>
>>7297165
i always tip 15-25%
>>
>>7297256
it's called holding your piece of bread on the plate while the server butters it.
>>
>>7295046
Holy shit thank you OP, just about pissed myself laughing reading OP and replies.
>>
>>7297649
Yes, this would work.
>>
>>7297612
As does every normal person.
>>
>>7295067

>I can't allow myself to enjoy the greatest movie ever filmed
>>
File: 1339815001242.jpg (25KB, 417x362px) Image search: [Google]
1339815001242.jpg
25KB, 417x362px
>>7297740
The only people who think that movie is great are literal faggots who take it up the ass irl or femanons with bad taste.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.