[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foods that are sold everywhere but you have no idea who actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 262
Thread images: 40

File: GreenOlives_largejar.jpg (108KB, 533x933px) Image search: [Google]
GreenOlives_largejar.jpg
108KB, 533x933px
Pic related. Aside from people who drink martinis, who actually buys pimento stuffed olives, and what do they do with them? They look like they belong in cartoons.

>inb4 spam

Lots of people enjoy Spam, but everything on the shelf surrounding Spam is a mystery (potted ham, canned corned beef hash, Vienna sausages, deviled ham spread, etc).
>>
Olives are fucking delicious. And versatile. Yes, pimento stuffed are the most generic, but I'll take them any day.
>>
>>7294596

>olives are fucking delicious

Agreed, but you only ever see pimento stuffed green olives in martinis or recipes from the 50's, possibly involving jello.
>>
File: 0003760000061_500X500.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0003760000061_500X500.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>7294574
>>7294574
I always wonder who buys this shit.
>>
>>7294631
My grandma. What a dirty, nasty redneck. God I hate her. They also eat collard greens, okra, and corn bread, and hate "niggers" as they say.
>>
>>7294631
>semi-boneless
>>
>>7294631

Had one of those break and had to clean it up.

Smelled absolutely horrendous.
>>
>>7294625
Olive tapanade or dip is probably what I use them the most for. Its a cheap version but I can make tons and its delicious. Also chopped salads or just eating them plain. And I also just discovered muffaletta (I think that how you spell it) which uses pimento stuffed.
>>
>>7294631
Ugh my mom's family was from upstate New York they ate the fuck out of those
>>
>>7294677

>muffaletta

I've wanted to try one of those for years, but it's one of those things that people simply don't sell outside of the place it's from. Kind of like pork tenderloin sandwiches, except a muffaletta seems like too much work to make at home.
>>
>>7294631
While I've never had pig's feet, I'd have no qualms about trying them in pretty much any style I've seen them, except this. That looks absolutely fucking disgusting.
>>
>>7294634
Greens are god tier, okra can be weak unless deep fried (still not great) and corn bread is where it's at as long as she doesn't make dry white people cornbread.

Get in touch with your southern roots, famalam
>>
>>7294625
I will put them out with cheeses, raw veggies, crackers, etc if I'm having people over that I don't need to impress

I also like them on pizza sometimes
>>
>>7294690
I've never had an authentic muffaletta...also I don't eat meat so I never will. I found the olive spread in a random grocery store so I bought the best bread I thought would be similar to muffaletta and made it with cheese, olive salad, and roasted red and yellow pepper, zuchinni, and chinese eggplant. It was fucking worth it to make at home.
>>
>>7294706
They do use dry white people cornbread. It's just fried cornmeal. Mine uses creamed corn, sour cream and eggs to at least add a little moisture. It might not be that much worse for you than theirs because like I said, they fry theirs in oil, mine is just baked.
>>
>>7294721

The olive spread and toppings don't seem too difficult to throw together, but it seems like you'd have to bake the bread yourself if you wanted something like that.
>>
Are you kidding? Pimento stuffed green olives are essential to my tuna salad, and my sardine pasta. AND, our traditional holiday appetizer of olive-cheese balls.
>>
>>7294761
I used pic related spread and some random bread that sounded similar. I'm terrible at baking bread for some reason but I'm sure there's some italian bakery near me that I can get authentic bread from. I'd love to try it for real, very my style
>>
>>7294574
You and I are on the same line.
>>
File: MOO-2.jpg (49KB, 331x500px) Image search: [Google]
MOO-2.jpg
49KB, 331x500px
>>7294783
forgot the pic
If anyone has a more authentic or better brand lmk
>>
The weird stuff has a slightly higher profit margin, but they do sell slowly. Go at a weird hour next you shop OP. I went friday morning right as safeway opened and it is a freakshow of people buying strange items. Usually the people without jobs, have mental illness, or just got off their nightshift.

I used to buy vienna sausages, and I still buy spam. They're great poor people and idiot bachelor foods. Also, hispanics and poor blacks buy a ton of the oddities also. They're cheap and add a ton of flavor in big dishes for the family.
>>
>>7294722
My wife does kind of a mix of both. She lines the pan with oil, puts it in the oven, takes it out, and then pours the batter into the pan. Makes for an even crisp.

Mayo and eggs is what's added for moisture. Pretty good plus it's the only thing she can make better than me so I let her have her moment
>>
>>7294625
>>7294677
>>7294714
I put mine into my white pasta
>>
>>7294574
I'd buy that just to drink the juice. God damn I love olive juice. I can't set it down or the cat gets into it, though.
>>
File: 26602__60667_zoom.png (469KB, 1114x1218px) Image search: [Google]
26602__60667_zoom.png
469KB, 1114x1218px
this
>>
>>7294776
id never heard of those before, so i went a googling, and i think i just found the greatest blog

https://olivecheeseballsmbfm.wordpress.com/
>>
File: 41EC17WB47L._SY300_.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
41EC17WB47L._SY300_.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>7294574
I am the only person I know or even see who buys kippers. I count the number of packages on the shelf every time I buy them and it appears as though I'm the only person who gets them.

Shit is delicious though.
>>
>>7295138
What do you do with them?
>>
>>7295145
I usually just eat them right out of the can. Sometimes I put them on crackers with brown mustard, once in a while I fry them up for breakfast with eggs, bacon and rye toast.
>>
>>7294574
I often have a handful of olives with a meal. I don't buy a huge jar like that (I've actually never seen one that sized where I shop), but I probably go through the smaller sized jars regularly enough.

I tend to use black olives when cooking.
>>
>>7295138
I prefer kippers to sardines/herring.
>>7295145
mostly put them on toast, once in a while mix them up with white rice.
>>
>>7295147
Do you think they would make a good sandwich (like you would do with tuna or salmon)?
>>
>>7295164
Yeah, same here. I'd love to try actual kippers, but the kipper snacks will have to do.

Sardines are fine, a little on the blander side, but still a decent snack. I like the King Oscar type in olive oil the best, preferably with seasoned crackers and hot sauce or strong mustard.

>>7295167
Oh yes, they taste very good on toast. I've never actually made a kipper sandwich but I'm sure it would come out tastier than a tuna sandwich.
>>
File: 239852581.png (195KB, 379x399px) Image search: [Google]
239852581.png
195KB, 379x399px
>>7294574
>canned corned beef hash
This shit is fucking delicious and convenient too, especially when you go camping. It's both your protein and your starch. Give it a nice crust in a pan over your campfire, and maybe toss a couple of eggs or peppers in as well. Awesome.
>>
>>7294761
protip: Central grocery's Muffalettas are fucking gross.
>>
File: boscoli.jpg (20KB, 202x320px) Image search: [Google]
boscoli.jpg
20KB, 202x320px
>>7294789
Boscoli is the real deal. Everything else is a bad imitation.
>>
>>7295238

I usually assume that the "best of"/"original" places are basically tourist traps at this point.
>>
>>7295242
you don't live in the south, my man
>>
>>7295250
I live in fucking NOLA, "my man"
>>
>>7294706
>okra can be weak

Fuck you
Okra and tomatoes are an excellent side. Plus there's a good chance okra is under realized as a mucilaginous plant.

> dice tomato
> chop okra
> simmer with salt and pepper
>>
>>7295138
>I count the number of packages on the shelf every time I buy them and it appears as though I'm the only person who gets them.
I don't know why but I really enjoy this feeling.

There was a period a few months ago where I was pretty poor, and on a food budget of about $50 per week, and I was living very nearly entirely off of curry for a few solid months. There was a brand of coconut milk I was fond of and I was just about the only person buying it. There was something oddly satisfying about going in every other day and taking two more cans off the shelf, seeing myself slowly work my way through most of their stock.

That is, until they ran out and I had to use other brands that were way too sweet until they replenished stock.
>>
>>7294574
>who buys pimento-stuffed olives
I do.
Along with broadbeans, they're a necessary part of making paellas.
The most recent one I made was spinach and artichoke and about a month before that, chicken.

>>7294677
I thought tapenade was made with black, oil-cured olives.
>looks it up
Looks like which olives are used varies region to region, unsurprisingly.
Where I'm from, it's a simple spread made of salt-cured anchovies, salted capers and black, oil-cured olives while some American versions use roasted bell peppers, pickled cauliflower and brined green olives.
Who knew?

>>7295103
Just snail shells? No snails? That's fucking weird.
My local supermarket just started carrying live snails. I don't think anyone will buy them, though.
I go to the fishmonger to buy seasnails IE conch, though. I've never had a land snail like the French eat.
>>
>>7295281
Hah, true. I had to go from Crown Prince kippers to King Oscar kippers because I went through them all. A slight difference in quality, but noticeable.
>>
File: rouses.jpg (81KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
rouses.jpg
81KB, 590x590px
>>7295242
>>7295250
What's important about that brand though is you gotta order the Large size because it's the one where the oil the salad is suspended in is 100% olive oil, the smaller sizes use a blend unless you buy directly from the company in Kenner, in which case they can bottle them smaller for you.

You can say that Progress or Gambino's makes better olive salad but I think they make better sandwiches, not the olive salad itself.

But hey whatever man.

Pic related is a Muffaletta from Rouses, which is a LA grocery store. Even these are better than Central's.
>>
>>7294625
empanada filling usually has these olives
>>
>>7295254
we should hang out then, "my man"
>>
Gonna post 2 pics to show why Central is bullshit.

Pic related is what they put online or pretend is what they sell, it looks decent.
>>
>>7295306
fuck, forgot the pic

>>7295304
where are you @?
>>
>>7295309
this is what you actually get from central if you buy there. fuckin' bread sandwich.
>>
>>7295296
When I worked in landscaping uptown and in Metairie I would eat these every day for lunch. I got a taste for Rouse's and World Deli on Clearview. Central Grocery may have invented it but they honestly have no idea what they are doing with the sandwich and have been superceded.
>>
>>7295292
I always wonder if they actually noticed they were running out of stock way faster than normal and started to order more frequent shipments, only for me to stop buying a can a day.
>>
>>7295317
I think they just realized that they can sell a smaller sandwich to tourists and make more money that way. No one's gonna badmouth them because "they invented it". But yeah I agree Rouses is making a better version these days, not to mention there's no line.
>>
>>7295254
>>7295304
NOLA showing up on /ck/ on this dark stormy tonight
>>
I think I'm the only person to get mozzarella "cheese" on my sandwich at Subway.
>>
>>7295296
I'll be in la in a month. Where should I go? Also like I mentioned I don't eat meat. What would be the best veggie option? I kind of turned out into a grilled veggie sandwich. Is that just blasphemy? >>7295242
Is this in regular grocery stores? I loved that brand I got so anything better sounds amazing
>>
File: 1451518318572.gif (476KB, 215x194px) Image search: [Google]
1451518318572.gif
476KB, 215x194px
I buy turkey meat and use it for hamburger helper.

I also buy wheat bowtie pasta and put shrimp in it with olive oil.
>>
>>7295344
Yeah Boscoli's and others are in grocery stores, if you go to a grocery probably go to Rouses, they're decently common.

>I don't eat meat

Then you aren't gonna eat a muffaletta. Period. It's not 'blasphemy' or anything you just aren't eating anything that's even close to the flavor profile. It's like saying you want to eat a "pizza without sauce or crust".

I couldn't honestly even think of a decent place to tell you about if you don't eat meat. Like you can't have a roast beef po boy, you can't have jambalaya, or gumbo, or boudin balls, etc.

There are vegetarian places in NOLA, but basically none of them have much to do with the food down here.
>>
>>7295370

>it's like saying you want to eat a "pizza without sauce or crust or anchovies"

FTFY
>>
>>7294634
kinda funny considering collards and pig feet are nigger foods. white hillbillies stay away from that, as well as from chitlins. our greens are mustard and turnip leaves
>>
File: tostadas-pata.jpg (34KB, 630x320px) Image search: [Google]
tostadas-pata.jpg
34KB, 630x320px
>>7294631
NOM NOM NOM
>>
>>7294574
These olives are used a lot in Latin American and Caribbean cooking. I am half Puerto Rican and I put them in a lot of PR dishes. When I don't have them I use capers.
>>
>>7295315
That's actually illegal to call that a sandwich because there's too much bread.

SANDWICH - CLOSED:
Product must contain at least 35 percent cooke
d meat and no more than 50 percent bread.

That seems to be about 2/3rds bread by volume. Perhaps they weighed the loaf then made up that exact amount of filling when they made it.
>>
>>7295183
man i wanna type the same shit, except for the camping part. i eat that shit
>>
>>7296010
Beef hash is basically American bubble and squeak. The English are smart enough to not purchase anything as absurd as canned bubble and squeak.
>>
>>7294706
I've had the opposite experience with cornbread. Darkies are horseshit at making the stuff
>>
>>7294574
i buy them and i fucking eat them
>>
>>7294631
They ain't bad. They're not great either, but the hardest part about eating one is the gelatinous texture and variable flavor of the flesh depending on how long it's been sitting on the shelf. A novelty for me that I wouldn't eat outside of trying to trick my friends and family.
>>
I used to use those olives for pizza topping. For some reason they didnt have non-stuffed olives for a while.
>>
>>7294574
Green olives arf fucking delicious. What the fuck are you on??
>>
>>7294574
>canned corned beef hash
>deviled ham spread
Hey fuck you those are great. How dare you put them on the same level as Vienna sausages?
>>
>>7295370
Well that just fucking sucks for me...
>>
>>7295281
only ate curry? you mustve smelled wonderful
>>
>>7296451
i love canned corned beef hash, but haven't tried deviled ham spread. the fuck do you do with it? just put it on crackers or something?
>>
>>7296421
The size of it is what he's going on about.
>>
I feel like I buy the same 30-50 items at a grocery store and yet... it's filled with thousands of options. Who are the rest for? I don't get it.

Everything I buy is the best option for a particular ingredient, either in terms of value or quality. And then there's just... stuff. Hundreds of snacks and prepared things and jars or cans of shit. I don't get it.
>>
>>7296680
But the size is justified by the fact that olive are amazing. Why wouldn't you buy them in bulk
>>
>>7294574
Olive fan here. I put them into any veggie tray I make and people always eat them. I eat them right out of the jar while watching TV.
>>
>>7294631
I actually like pig's feet. But I have a fascination with any dish that uses cast off parts.

Pig's feet, Souse, Head cheese. Chicken's feet. If it freaks my countrymen out, i probably want to try it. Some of the best food I've ever had was made by people that knew how to make cheap and uncommon ingredients work.

But fuck Hormel's pig's feet. They don't make them for a shit. I used to eat them, before I found out my butcher made fresh.
>>
>>7295138
Kippers are GOAT canned fish. But don't let the secret out. The price will go up.
>>
>>7294574

I buy these. Delicious, no need to deal with the cores, and they are always of constant quality.
I also buy grilled canned red peppers, canned mushrooms and canned sardine.
>>
>>7294574
My go-to snackfood, along with canned mushrooms, feta cubes and pickles.
>>
>>7294793

>the people without jobs, have mental illness, or just got off their nightshift

You just described the past 10 years of my life, but left out the alcoholism phase.
>>
>>7297279
>phase

No. It's a lifestyle.
>>
>>7297310

Lifestyles are a choice though.
>>
My grocery store has 3 kilo bags of frozen garlic cloves.
>>
>>7297320
Alcoholism is a choice you weak-willed faggot
>inb4 no you don't understand that bottle of jack daniels literally forced me at gunpoint to drink it
>>
>>7297333

>people choose to become alcoholics

Next you're going to say it's less addictive than soda/sugar.
>>
>>7297342
>people choose

Yes they do. Or how would you explain that there are people who stop drinking or taking drugs every day? Divine intervention?
>>
>>7294793
holy shit senpai u just described me and it hurt
>>
>>7294625
I just eat them by themselves.
>>
>>7297365

>how would you explain that there are people who stop drinking or taking drugs every day

They realize it's affecting their lives in one way or another and choose to stop.

Nobody chooses to become an addict.
>>
File: pickledredhotsjar.jpg (74KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pickledredhotsjar.jpg
74KB, 600x600px
>>7294574
>>
>>7296023
yeah I can take one look at england and see how "smart" they are
>>
>>7297586

I bought a huge jar of pickled sausages from a job lots type place once for 99 cents and they were the worst things I'd ever tried; and over the course of a year I kept getting drunk and thinking they might taste alright.

I'm sure there are good ones out there, but the thing I bought (couldn't find a picture) was so completely terrible it's amazing someone even thought it was worth stocking.
>>
>>7297384
>Nobody chooses to become an addict.
Maybe, maybe not. What is definite, however, is that people choose to stop becoming addicts. If you recognise that you are an addict and continue to do so then it's a lifestyle choice you have made.

Honestly, all you "I'm an alcoholic I just drank a quart of vodka fml" faggots in the /alc/ thread are nothing more than attention whores. Stop putting the bottle to your lips and you'll stop being an alcoholic, it's pretty simple.
>>
>>7296672
pretty much..
>>7294574
fucking raisins
>>
File: vegall.jpg (39KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
vegall.jpg
39KB, 450x450px
>No mention of vegall or canned whole chicken

Step it up sempai
>>
>>7297657

>if you recognise that you are an addict and continue to do so then it's a lifestyle choice you have made

That's not how it works. You'd be more correct calling out all the people who start threads with, "I only have $10 to buy food for the next month, wat do", and tell them that being poor is a lifestyle choice.

>faggots in the /alc/ thread are nothing more than attention whores

People come here to talk about shit anonymously, sometimes when it comes to food and drinks that they know are bad for them.

Alcohol threads are usually far more on-topic than the constant stream of fast food garbage threads.
>>
>>7297696
>being poor is a lifestyle choice.
Being poor isn't a lifestyle choice though. Having $10 to last two weeks is though - you clearly started the month out with more than $10 and through either negligence or wilful stupidity have blown through it all way too fast.

In the same vein, lacking the self-control to drink in anything resembling moderation isn't a lifestyle choice. Acknowledging that you have that disability and yet continuing to drink, however, is a lifestyle choice.
>>
File: stork.jpg (43KB, 448x383px) Image search: [Google]
stork.jpg
43KB, 448x383px
>>
>>7297845

So making good or bad decisions on a day to day basis is a lifestyle, whereas being stupid over a course of time is simply being stupid.

I suppose I'd tentatively agree to those definitions.

I understand that people go through rough times for many different reasons, but it isn't that difficult to make enough money to feed yourself properly, while it's extremely easy to wake up one day and realize you're some kind of addict, and at that point it's not just a matter of "muh willpower".
>>
>>7297851

Is that just butter?

What country is it from?
>>
>>7295238

what's gross about them? i'm from nola but have never had one
>>
>>7298008
Too much bread and what they put in the bread isn't that great regardless.
>>
>>7298008
where in new orleans? I live uptown
>>
>>7294574
I eat these by themselves, or often with a sandwich.
Particularly when i want something salty.

Garlic stuffed olives are a thousand times better, though.
>>
>>7295103
I would imagine these would be good for stuffing things into.
>>
>>7299249
It's usually for dogs.
>>
I sometimes buy stuff out of curiosity. Wouldn't buy pig feet, though.
>>
>>7294574
I eat em stuffed with garlic
By themselves
>>
Sülzkotelett
Cutlet in aspic
>>
File: 798px-Sülzkotelett.jpg (55KB, 798x600px) Image search: [Google]
798px-Sülzkotelett.jpg
55KB, 798x600px
>>7299850
>>
File: 8831594528798.jpg (145KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
8831594528798.jpg
145KB, 960x960px
>Had no idea who would actually buy this
>Had never seen anyone buying it
>Visit my brothers house one day
>He is obese
>Only shops at Iceland for frozen food, mostly ready meals
>Look in his freezer
>has 10 boxes of cheese hamwiches
>ask him why he buys them
>ask why he doesn't just make a sandwich from fresh meat
>he tells me he 'doesn't trust the nutrition information' on fresh food packets
>tells me frozen food has to be honest with nutrition information because if it doesn't get eaten it lasts forever so people in the future will be able to see it and determine if the producers of the food lied
>fresh food gets thrown out quickly so this doesn't happen
>tfw he is 400lbs
>>
>>7299866
SJW's are mentally ill
>>
>>7299850
What is this nonsense?
>>
File: 1409533047291.jpg (59KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
1409533047291.jpg
59KB, 600x441px
>>7299885
It's sold in Germany but i have never seen anyone buy it. Who'd want to, even?

Putting meat in aspic used to be our way to preserve meat in pre-fridge times. Thank god those times are over.
>>
File: 1417274433560.jpg (57KB, 1004x988px) Image search: [Google]
1417274433560.jpg
57KB, 1004x988px
>>7299865
>tells me frozen food has to be honest with nutrition information because if it doesn't get eaten it lasts forever so people in the future will be able to see it and determine if the producers of the food lied

How much weed does your brother smoke? Holy shit.
>>
>>7299865
you should stab him
>>
>>7299895
fuck me that looks good. in australia we call it brawn
>>
>>7299895

Aspic never was used as a preservative and that there is beef tongue in aspic, it's actually pretty damn tasty with horseradish, faggot.
>>
>>7295164
kippers are herrings.
>>
File: french-xmas-iv.jpg (1MB, 3324x2208px) Image search: [Google]
french-xmas-iv.jpg
1MB, 3324x2208px
>>7295103

I was going to post this.

The idea of taking snails out of a can, stuffing them into shells that aren't their own, heating them up and serving them just seems wrong.
>>
>>7294574
>who actually buys pimento stuffed olives, and what do they do with them?
I make cuban picadillo...one of my favorite cold weather kind of comfort foods.

Ground sirloin browned with onions, garlic. Wine, tomato paste, saffron, cumin, raisins and olives. Simmer like chili as long as you want. I serve with sticky short grain Diana valenica rice and soft sweet platanos maduros on the side.

I also use olives in my chunky egg salad, green and black olives both, with lots of celery leaves.

So, yea, I keep them on hand. I'd prefer a pickled onion in a Gibson to a dirty martini 9 out of 10 martini moods.
>>
>>7295238
Try again pleb. There are better but please....
>>
File: canned snail.jpg (124KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
canned snail.jpg
124KB, 375x500px
>>7301062
>>
File: s car go.jpg (90KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
s car go.jpg
90KB, 640x427px
>>7301361
>>
>>7299865
Except for the sodium, it doesn't seem that bad if you look at the nutritional facts on the bottom.
>>
File: salty slices of shit.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
salty slices of shit.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>>
>>7301667
You're supposed to rinse it.
>>
Oh man I love putting pimento stuffed olives in my coors light and adding a little bit of the juice. They kind of float and bob then you take a bite of one and its got the fizzy beer in it.
>>
>>7294631
what garlic cloves are to draculas that is to rabbis
>>
>>7294574
I put them in my salads, some fresh olives...small chunks of Parmesan, chopped up salami/pepperoni, chopped up hard boiled egg with fresh vinaigrette.
>>
>>7296687
awww you just realised yer autistic how cute ^_^
>>
>>7297586
I buy a hot mama pickeled sausage from a vending machine every once in a while. They are my guilty pleasure...I don't buy from gas stations
>>
>>7302693
I share this guilty pleasure.
>>
Clamato. The delicious combination of clam and tomato. Who the fuck drinks this stuff
>>
>>7302728
You are right.
I prefer to mix clam juice into my tomato juice myself, clomato is too artificial tasting for me.
>>
>>7301205
tourist detected
>>
>>7294574
I have a huge jar of olives, make for a top snack or to complement a good antipasti

Also goes into a good number of salads
>>
>>7294574
off-off-off-generic brand organic food
just being in the organic isle is crop circle status
>>
File: what the hell man.png (313KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
what the hell man.png
313KB, 720x400px
>>7299865

>Made with Turkey, Turkey Ham, and Cheese

>Turkey Ham
>>
>>7294634
go back to reddit fag
>>
>>7295103
I see severl uses. For example:
>invite french gourmet qt for a dinner
>tell her you make snails
>you actaully poop in the shells
>she eats your poop
>>
>>7296023
>bubble and squeak
>The English are smart enough
>naming a food bubble and squeak
>smart enough

Take your chuggy wugger bug through the roundy whirly whoo and go down to the buy-a-bag for some weekly bubble and squeak for your tea and supper.
>>
>>7297692

My dad used to make me eat that shit, even though the frozen kind are better and the same price if not cheaper. Canned vegetables are disgusting. Fresh is best, but I accept frozen. Canned is dog food.

Fucking old people love canned vegetables. They'd buy canned version of everything if they could.

>>7297673

Raisins for apple-cinnamon-raisin oatz, duh.

>>7299865

What the fuck am I reading? He's actually insane.
>>
>>7303300
>>7299866
You misunderstand, she's an obese hypocrite, and I get banned if I don't put "niggers" in quotes
>>
>>7301062

I saw this at walmart once and thought the same thing.

>take snail out of shell
>can/jar the snail
>sell the shell and snail separately
>put snail back in shell
>heat
>take snail out of shell
>eat
>throw shell away

Why?
>>
File: dscf4732.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
dscf4732.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
this shit over here
>>
>>7303469
I've seen those shits, I'm curious, I'ma try 'em.
>>
>>
>>7303503
>dip paint brush in them
>lightly spread on pair of panties
>sell them to lonely old men on Craigslist while pretending to be a playful, free-spirited girl
>>
>>7303449
For that authentic "You're eating a fucking snail, not a slug" experience. Same reason people leave oysters and shit on the half shell after cooking them.
>>
>>7302906
You should check out what Subway's meats are based on.
>>
File: 1453446791225.jpg (182KB, 622x494px) Image search: [Google]
1453446791225.jpg
182KB, 622x494px
>>7294631
>have extremely racist uncle
>finds out that a bunch of mudslime refugees are moving to our town
>fury of a thousand suns
>he says he's gonna put pigs feet in their mailbox
>buys some that day from the next town over
>waits until like midnight
>stuffs that mailbox full to the brim with haram feet

My uncle was a pretty cool guy, taught me a poem he made back when he was in school.
>Drugs, drugs, drugs
>Some are good, some are bad
>Drugs, drugs, drugs
>Buy them from your mom or dad
>>
>>7297657
You are assuming that everyone has the same willpower as you. I've been an alcoholic for about 8 years, and GODDAMN I would love to quit. It's taken my friends, my family, my ability to work, and yet I can't stop. As to why? My best guess is partly my upbringing, partly some messed up stuff that happened to me as a kid which I use alcohol to cope with, and part genetics. There have been several gene complexes associated with alcoholism; they don't make you an indefatigable alky, but they do make it a lot harder to quit. It's not nearly as simple as "just put down the bottle".
>>
>>7294631
>semi-boneless
So...not boneless?
>>
>>7295264
my okrabro
>>
>>7294574
Learn to olive burger nigger.
>>
>>7304030
that "poem" is stupid as shit. your uncle must have been a retard. why the fuck would you post that dumb shit.
>>
I had some of those today. I quite like them for pasta, although I prefer black olives for pizza.

>>7297997
It's margarine. I'm in the UK, and that's what we get when we bake: one of us is lactose-intolerant and a friend is dairy-allergic. Plus, the lactose-free butter is expensive. Meanwhile margarine like that is cheap, and works well for most baking.
>>
>>7294574
desu i always have a jar of those in the fridge... right next to the pickles. pretty much eat that stuff right out of the jar hehe
>>
>>7299857
>>7299895
I don't understand aspic.

Does the gelatin part hold any nutritional value or caloric content?

Why not just cook and eat the meat properly?
>>
>>7304774
*desu... no idea how the desu got there
>>
>>7304780
fuck this shit...
>>
>>7304775
i think traditionally it was stock made from bones and stuff you couldn't eat, so it had nutrition and flavor. it's pretty good on a piece of bread, you don't need any condiments and it just melts when you eat it.
>>
>>7304780

Have you been gone for the past three months or something?

A handful of wordfilters were added for some of the more cancerous shit.
>>
>>7304797
how about first post? hehe
>>
>>7304030
back to /pol/ you go
>>
>>7303503
I see this stuff in the same aisle as tuna all the time and have no idea what it's use is or why it's even sold at every store I go to.
>>
>>7304797

not that anon, but I was wondering about that. I haven't been here since June. Basically because this place is garbage now. And not just this board, but the entire site is nothing but meme posting. I haven't seen one thread today that doesn't have stormteens, redditeens or edgy pre-teens shitting it up.

It was actually quite nice being away. I might come back again in the summer, but only to troll those I listed.
>>
>>7304934

>i might come back again in the summer

I was thinking this place will be completely dead, as in killed, by the time next summer rolls around.
>>
>>
>>7303469
I'd try them. I like eggs. Maybe not the beet flavored eggs though.
>>
>>7305599
Same.
>>
>>7305599
I didn't think I'd like the beet flavored either but I was really surprised when I tried it. I would eat them any day.
>>
>>7304664
>>7304030

>have a /pol/tard family member
>grow up to be a /pol/tard

this is how stupidity survives
>>
>>7305161
I acutally buy that shit sometimes in a hot summer. Its like watermelon almost, just put the can in a fridge and bring it out when cold, chew these tasty sweet sticks and spit them out in the lawn. They also have a nice distinct taste so you don't feel like just straight up drinking sugar
>>
>>7298463

heh same
>>
>>7303503
You use this for making clam chowder and other soups.
>>
>>7301062
Generally, you make a stuffing with the snails then stuff the shell, bake and serve.
>>
>>7306562
that sounds awful.
>>
>>7297692
>Serving Up Memories Since 1926
horrible, horrible memories of having to eat this shit
>>
>>7294625
My wife eats them straight out of the jar. Also good in salads. I prefer calmata though.
>>
>>7295164
>kippers to sardines/herring
Kippers are smoked herring.
>>
>>7295315
Do they bake their own bread? Looks like they do. It's just inconsistency in loaf size. The fixings don't look bad portion size, the loaf is just too big.
>>
>>7296043
I have a dark lady's recipe and it's the best cornbread I've ever made.
>>
>>7297657
As a smoker who chooses not to smoke cigarettes, alcohol addiction is the same. You make a choice to smoke/drink at first (because you like it), but when you're addicted it's much much more than "just put it down" bullshit. Cigarettes are much easier to quit than alcohol because the withdrawals are mild and don't last very long. Ethanol withdrawals can be horrific dependent upon how heavy someone drinks. My wife works in a hospital and sees it on weekly basis: someone withdrawing from alcohol. Uncontrollable slashing, hallucinations, paranoia- all because they couldn't have that drink.

Addiction is like debt, it's easy to walk or wander into debt, but it's a long road and a hard fight to get out.
>>
>>7306773

How do you think clam chowder is made? Even in places where fresh clams are abundant most people still just use canned/bottled juice.
>>
>>7294634
>Throwing your own grandmother under the bus in favor of faceless hordes of hood rats that would gladly mug you in the street despite how many times you plead, "but I voted for Barack! I'm one of the good ones!"

They mix the kool-aid strong these days
>>
>>7301667
cream dried beef on toast

the best breakfast food around
>>
>>7305161
when I was younger my dad would take us to the farmers market and buy us slices of fresh sugar cane to munch on, then we'd go to the beach. I can't remember what it tastes like anymore

biloxi was a nice place pre-Katrina, I don't know what it's like now
>>
Pickled fish.

Who the hell is buying pickled fish in the age of easy in-home refrigeration.
>>
>>7304508
>As to why? My best guess is partly my upbringing, partly some messed up stuff that happened to me as a kid which I use alcohol to cope with, and part genetics.
My guess is that it's because you keep buying bottles of vodka and putting them to your,lips, because on some level you'd prefer to be drunk than have friends/family/a job. If you stop buying and drinking alcohol then you'll stop being an alcoholic, but you'll have to decide that the downsides to being constantly drunk outweigh the benefits first.
>>
>>7307446
What is a rollmop?
>>
>>7294634
I know, it's 2016 and people don't agree with all of your opinions?
>>
File: Whisky-San.jpg (165KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Whisky-San.jpg
165KB, 800x800px
>>7297657
>Stop putting the bottle to your lips and you'll stop being an alcoholic, it's pretty simple.
>>
>>7303469
>>7303472
>>7305599
>>7305619
you're better off finding a recipe and making your own. it's not hard and the texture is a lot better. i've found that a lot of store-bought pickled eggs are almost chalky.
>>
>>7294706
I like my cornbread dry with greens. Any other time it's fucking death
>>
>>7303503
>>7306773
it's basically a bottled fish stock. my brother uses it when he makes gumbo.
>>
File: eel.jpg (38KB, 428x373px) Image search: [Google]
eel.jpg
38KB, 428x373px
These. I bought some once out of curiosity, I only assume it's mainly old people.
>>
>>7296043
>>7306904
>>7294706

Gee. It's almost like different people have different skill sets regardless of race. And this is coming from a guy that got banned for spamming "nigger" on /v/.
>>
File: 91fFom1mB6L._SL1500_[1].jpg (121KB, 1500x1025px) Image search: [Google]
91fFom1mB6L._SL1500_[1].jpg
121KB, 1500x1025px
>>7295138
Shit compared to pic related. Mediterranean style is good, too. Fuck the skinless and boneless. I don't even eat any other canned fish.
>>
>>7307516
is that christopher lee
>>
>>7307516
>extra virgin
>pre-packed sardines

por que
>>
>>7306773
>he's never had clam chowder

You're missing out, buddy. Even with canned clams, done right it's amazing. I prefer crab chowder, but thats harder to find/make and more expensive.
>>
>>7307533
por que no?
>>
File: gelatin.jpg (11KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
gelatin.jpg
11KB, 400x300px
Those weird multi-colored gelatin cups that are always next to the other refrigerated mexican foods. I live in a town full of mexicans and other central american types and no one's ever buying those things

What the fuck are they even called? This isn't even the right pic, its just the closest I could find.
>>
>>7294634
>not loving your grandma

DUDE
>>
When I was a teen, a friend's family inherited a grey and white cat. His face was all white except for a triangular patch of grey directly over his nose.
From even a short distance away, it looked like he had the broad, flat nose you would see on a Negro.
They named him "Nigger Nose".
I'll never forget the sound of my friend's sister calling the cat for dinnner,"NNIIIIIGGGGYYYYYYYY".
>>
>>7294574
Canned corned beef hash is delicious
>>
>>7306551
>>7307431
Asian here. had both regularly as a kid (canned/vacuum sealed), or fresh off the cane. shit was cash. nice snack for watching a movie or playing vidya with siblings
>>
My dad grew up as po'folk in Oklahoma. I was born there but raised in the UK. Went back to visit family and was encouraged (read: forced) to try vienna sausages.

holy shit I can't believe there's a market for these tiny culinary abortions. The quality of some of the meat products here is worse than anything else I've ever eaten.
>>
>>7309395
He called em jew dicks or veye-e-nee wienies didn't he? If he didn't, he's not a true Okie.

I eat them at work. I usually eat while I'm working and don't care about food so them and crackers is enough.
>>
>>7309441
>veye-e-nee
Spot on.

The worst part is that they were covered with some kind of barbecue glaze that made them look vaguely appealing. That was not the case.
I'm guessing you can only stomach them if you grew up eating them.
>>
>>7309475
I used to hate them. It's defiantly an acquired taste. Most people I know don't eat them either. The jalapeno ones kick ass. The BBQ ones are the worst, frankly.
>>
>>7294574
Stuffed olives and a light spread of cream cheese on your favorite bread. Damn good son.

I also eat them by themselves, because olives are delicious
>>
ITT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWZw1bUeoMY
>>
>>7303469
Literally me. I learned this because I once accidentally walked out of a kroger with a jar that expired 3 years ago.

>>7307470
This anon is right though. I tend to save pickle jars and make a few with the left over juice.
>>
>>7307462
Exactly.
>>
>>7297879
Damn I know this is old but self awareness exists. Do you propose that people have blank, empty heads while they purchase then consume their alcohol? That they never keep track of how often or how much they consume or notice the negative influence it has on their functionality and health?

It sounds like a form of learned helplessness and denial of responsability. I've been there, so I guess I understand it, but I knew what I was doing the entire time. I was avoiding responsability and trying to alleviate my boredom without doing anything productive.

It's a choice.

On topic, I'll sometimes by Jordan almonds. I hate them, but I love them once or twice a year. Reminds me of weddings.
>>
>>7299918
Sounded more like delusional schizophrenia
>>
>>7307462
It's only like that after you're already drunk or tipsy. Just don't pick the bottle up in the first place. You may have a lot of strong positive associations with it, but that's exactly what makes it so dangerous. It's not your friend when you habitually over consume. It's a poisonous friend who steals your money when you're not looking and shits in your bed/pisses on your walls whole encouraging you to act like an asshole.

Before you get dangerously chemically addicted to the point of risking seizures from withdrawing, it's just like food addiction. It's comforting, it's always easy to get, it makes you feel full and satisfied for a while. Helps the time go by quicker. It'll put you in an early grave after a slow, horrific decline whole you grow uglier and uglier inside and out.

Both cases, you have to choose to put it down. Change your habits and routines. Pick up new hobbies. The route out of food and alcohol addiction are eerily similar.

You have to choose to be self aware, and choose to be your own agent.
>>
>>7307502
Fucking destroying the eel population though.
>>
>>7294634
Anon, when did you realize you were a huge disappointment?
>>
>>7308060
Might surprise you, but even someone's grandma can be a shit person.

Family members are still people. You're under no obligation to love a person if they're shitty or horrid to be around, despite what Disney might tell you.
>>
>>7294574
That version? no...
Blue cheese stuffed or Klamata? yeah, once in a while.
>>
>>7295281
$50 per week on food for one person is not a poor person's budget. You could easily feed 3 adults with that budget.
>>
>>7310352
Did you really waste your time writing this out? Was this meant to be profound knowledge, because it's the same garbage that any armchair psychologist would spout.

>The route out of food and alcohol addiction are eerily similar.
Why would you believe this? Food is necessary to survive. Alcohol is not. The only correlation is comfort which could be found in any substance.
>>
>>7303334
Only old people like snails desu
>>
>>7310735
>The only correlation is comfort which could be found in any substance.
Hence why the route out of both is eerily similar you inbred halfwit.
Stop putting the bottle to your lips and you'll stop being an alcoholic.
>>
>>7310996

You probably also think that sucking a little dick here and there makes you gay.

There's more to it than that.
>>
>>7307446
Fuck you, Bismarkhering is literally my favorite type of fish.
>>
>>7310356
Really? I would have thought they'd use farmed eels.
>>
>>7311008
>I only suck cock to pay for my bottom-shelf bottles of vodka, I'm not gay I'm just an alcoholic I swear, oh how I wish I could stop chugging on these meaty cocks and feeling the taste of salty cum mingle with my cheap alcohol
>>
>>7311285

>buying vodka that comes in glass bottles

You're the one who is most likely gay here.
>>
>>7304030
your uncle is pretty based
>>
>>7311304
The fuck else do you buy vodka in?
>>
>>7294625
I would eat a jar of those as a snack by itself. Theyre amazing
>>
File: skol.jpg (330KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
skol.jpg
330KB, 1024x768px
>>7311828
>>
>>7307452
>my guess is that you like being drunk and if you just stopped drinking, you'd stop drinking
>>
File: 13686286-mmmain.jpg (34KB, 620x385px) Image search: [Google]
13686286-mmmain.jpg
34KB, 620x385px
>>
>>7311236
I don't think there are any eel farms yet.
>>
File: 1448778681437.jpg (141KB, 669x664px) Image search: [Google]
1448778681437.jpg
141KB, 669x664px
>>7294634

Have you considered suicide? Why the fuck are you even here? Is this the real life?
>>
>>7294596
>>7294625
Have you guys ever had almond-stuffed olives? Sheer bliss. They add crunch and don't absorb up the brine so they cut down the saltiness.
>>
File: 1448379484023.gif (383KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1448379484023.gif
383KB, 280x210px
>>7299850
>>7299857
>>
File: 4L_YcH0Fmn5.jpg (35KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
4L_YcH0Fmn5.jpg
35KB, 620x349px
>>7307564
do you mean these?
>>
>>7313280
>Having to call a phone number to get nutritional information.

I've never even heard of doing that. Weird.
>>
>>7313290
It's for labels that are too small to fit the large nutrition facts box. Not very common since most individually packaged foods have a label on the sides as well.
>>
>>7313290
that's funny and also kind of scary, i wonder if there's something they're hiding or the package just isn't big enough
>>
>>7312323
Love it.
>>
>>7307431

Sugar.
>>
>>7303711
kek
>>
>>7299895
I recently bought aspic for the first time on a whim.
It was absolutely delicious.
>>
>>7312323
It's like the best lemon zest you can get.
>>
>>7294631
My sweet ol ma. She would make cornbread and greens. She loves them
>>
File: DSCF4184.jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4184.jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
I see these at some stores. They are called sour grapes.
>>
I love vienna sausages.
>>
>>7306516
>wanting refugees living in your town
>>
>>7294574
those pickled eggs and porks feet in the convenient stores. i see them all the time and never see people actually eating them. i even live in the south..
>>
>>7309395
>>7309475
Mom was an Okia. I remember them from when I was a kid. I saw them the same way I saw the cheapest of cheap bologna. I could never call them offensive, because I can't remember enough substance to be offended by. I do remember that they're oddly sweet, and gelatinous though. I have never bought them on my own, even when I was dirt poor. I am tempted to get some to mess around with now.
>>
>>7317295
Okie*
>>
>>7316264
>equating being wary of so-called refugees with openly admiring the Nazi party and unironically believing that the Jews did 9/11 in coordination with George W Bush and the Build-A-Bear Workshop
Thread posts: 262
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.