[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you cook your pork chops and what seasoning do you use?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: pork-05.jpg (646KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
pork-05.jpg
646KB, 1000x665px
How do you cook your pork chops and what seasoning do you use?
>>
>>7293893
>>how to cook
Depends on their thickness. If they're thin (half-inch or 1 cm or so) then I season 'em with salt and pepper, sear on both sides in the frying pan, and then add a little splash of something sweet (usually honey) and reduce it down to make a sticky glaze on the chops.

If they're thicker, then I treat them like a steak: Either grill them, or sear in a pan & finish in the oven.

>>Seasoning
Wow, there's just so many options here. What seasonings do you like? Salt and pepper is the obvious starting point. Do you want BBQ flavor? Then use a dry rub or finish with a BBQ type sauce. Want more of a classic sort of taste? Thyme, rosemary, sage. Asian sort of flavor? Ginger, sesame oil, garlic, and soy. There's tons of options here.
>>
>>7293893
fried. salt and pepper, egg wash, dredge in flour
>>
I use generic seasoning I got from target, garlic and pepper. Cook on the Foreman.
>>
salt and pepper in olive oil on a cast iron pan is pretty much my go to.

Sometimes I'll use korean chili paste and make a marinade out of that and that's pretty good too.

Remember to score the fat or they'll curl in the pan and cook unevenly.
>>
>>7294649
This is the only correct way.

Something about grilled/baked porkcbops just turns me way the fuck off unless it's made in a salisbury-like gravy with onions and maybe some mushrooms.

I'll fry the fuck out of some chops though.
>>
>cut in strips
>pound flat
>salt, pepper, sage, red pepper
>rub down with mustard
>panko on each side
>fry in olive oil until golden brown

Good shit. Fuck what I was making before, rather buy pork tenderloin if I'm eating meat pieces.
>>
>>7294649
Thisssss. But add oregano and thyme.
>>
File: Pork Chop.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Pork Chop.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Sear in mustard oil with salt and pepper then topped with curried pear sauce.
>>
File: pepper.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
pepper.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Or sometimes I'll sous vide them with black garlic and bay leaves, remove them from the bone flash fry them with corn starch and then toss them in honey and lots of black pepper.
>>
>every post in a /ck/ thread directly relating to food and cooking
It's like the end of the world in here. Luckily I came along to save you all.
>>
>>7294649
This. Serve with sauerkraut into which you have shredded some onion and a little apple, plus caraway seeds. And dumplings. Bread dumplings preferred, make a gravy out of the pork drippings and pour it over the dumplings.
>>
>>7293893
Just salt and pepper.
Make cuts in fat side so no buckling.
Little lard.
Start in cold cast iron set to max.
Flip often.
When browned, move to oven.
>>
>>7294649
This but brine them first
>>
Fresh ground pepper.

That's it.

Otherwise I would reduce lard.

Pork chops are the training wheels of cooking a cut of meat.
>>
Four minutes each side in foaming butter. Persillade.
>>
I really like Braised pork chops. Not just seared and cooked ones.

What I do is heat up a pan and add some oil and then put salt and pepper on all the pork chops and sear them in the hot pan on both sides.

Then you add water and put a lid on the pan reduce the heat and let them braise for about 45 mins or so.

You let them simmer / braise until nearly all the water or liquid is gone from the pan. It becomes a thick pork gravy.

You dont want to reduce it too far or it will seperate. But when the water is almost gone it will start to thicken and that is when its ready. Usually the pork is very tender because of the time braising when the gravy is done.

You dont have to cover the entire pork chops with water. Just about 1/2 to to 1/3rd of the way.

This is great with mashed potato and some veggie.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.