[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish to eat cheap, healthy, and incredibly easy. Is this possible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I wish to eat cheap, healthy, and incredibly easy. Is this possible? It does not have to be tasty or original. I do not mind eating the same thing every day, as long as it gets me all the vitamins and nutrients required for health.

Pic unrelated. I want to be all those things, except don't care about fake.
>>
Rice, beans, chicken, vegetables.
>>
>>7291347
Hm, okay. That's a good start. Those are all easy, cheap and healthy. Thank you.
>>
>>7291362
Yep.

Rice and beans are cheap and there's a lot of different ways you can prepare them or work them into a meal. Chicken thighs/legs are usually pretty cheap, as are whole chickens.

Don't bother buying just breasts unless you get them on sale for a decent price. Even then, try to get bone-in split breasts since they're cheaper than boneless/skinless and the bone helps them stay moist when cooking.

Definitely try to get whole chickens and roast them, then save the carcass and use it to make stock. Save some of the leftover chicken as well and use that, the stock and some vegetables to make soup.

Get whatever vegetables look good and are on sale and get some bags of cheap frozen vegetables as well.

Also if you eat bread regularly, start baking your own, it's much better quality and cheaper than buying the shitty preservative filled loaves at the supermarket.
>>
>>7291379
So if I had a couple of eggs and an orange for breakfast, some rice (maybe with garlic powder to make it edible) and an apple for lunch, and some chicken and boiled frozen vegetables for dinner, would I be getting everything I need, or will I end up with scurvy or death or something?
>>
>>7291391
More or less. I'd say have rice and beans together for lunch to make a complete protein, maybe some kind of vegetables mixed in with it too.

In terms of dietary health, try to eat a fair amount of lean protein, plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, minimize processed and sugary foods and you'll be fine.
>>
>>7291406
Beans, right. Good call. I just found this. This is exactly the kind of things I'm looking for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBb5THJ8jOQ
>>
beans and bread.
>>
>>7291341
Stir fry is delicious, healthy, easy and cheap.
>>
File: lentilrice.jpg (43KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
lentilrice.jpg
43KB, 500x333px
I'm a fan of lentils over beans, since dried lentils cook faster than dried beans, and dry of either are cheaper than canned.

Protip on rice & lentils: dump a half cup or cup of each into a rice maker, toss in a cup of chopped veggies (carrots, onion, celery, canned tomato, or whatever), add water, press "cook", then you can go play video games and forget about; will switch to "warm" when the water is absorbed. (Alternately use a slow cooker with timer shutoff). I usually add some salt & seasonings, maybe a splash of lemon juice or olive oil. Eat it as is, or treat it like a soup concentrate and add water to it in a bowl.
>>
>>7291391
That's like a perfectly balanced day's worth of food, you'd be fine. Doing better than most people actually.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.