[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 30$ to eat until next Friday and I have an allergy to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: ss+(2014-08-24+at+12.49.30).jpg (85KB, 1009x849px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-08-24+at+12.49.30).jpg
85KB, 1009x849px
I have 30$ to eat until next Friday and I have an allergy to wheat so ramen noodles aren't an option.
What the fuck do I do? Automatic bill payments fucked me.
>>
>>7291333
Go to the dollar store and get some canned food.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 340x340px
>>7291333
>allergy to wheat
>>
Get 60 tacos from Jack in the Box
>>
>>7291333
>he blames automatic bill payments and not his poor planning skills
It's alright, you weren't taught anything useful in school just how to be a door matt beta.
>>
File: sadmanissad.jpg (232KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sadmanissad.jpg
232KB, 2000x1000px
I'll just eat beans and rice for a week
>>
>>7291333
>Automatic bill payments
you really need to keep checking your digits, désu sinbad.

oats, rice, potatoes. all cheap and fairly nutritious.
>>
>>7291333
Focus on rice for calories. Look at canned beans or fish for protein. Fill out with whatever cheap vegetables you can find.

Most deficiencies won't affect your health too much if it's only a week, so your primary issues are getting sufficient calories for your level of activity and feeling full enough to not suffer too much. Not too bad, really, but for the future you should build a better stockpile than you currently have. Minor disasters can totally mess up your access to food, so you should have at least a month's worth of food stored at all time.
>>
File: 1319223825796.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1319223825796.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>7291333
>allergy
>wheat
>>
What's in your pantry? Seriously, some pantry diving can save your ass when money gets scarce.

If your pantry is completely empty, next time you get money pick up dried goods (lentils, beans, rice) and canned stuffed (tomatoes, fish). Maybe frozen veggies if you have a freezer...
>>
Cheese - a big block, ration it daily
Legumes - chickpeas, beans, lentils, take your pick.
Oats/rice - completes your plant protein
Veggies - garlic onions, carrot, brocolli, whatever is cheap. Always healthy.

Your best tool is to ration, eat only what you need.
>>
File: 1453242508608.jpg (129KB, 600x772px) Image search: [Google]
1453242508608.jpg
129KB, 600x772px
Rice and beans
Buy in bulk
>>
>>7291333
>allergy to wheat
no you dont
>>
>allergy to wheat
epic meme "I have celiac disease xD" diet dude
>>
>>7291333
Buy food on a credit card. Seriously why has no one said this

>inb4 credit dumb
Better than eating shitty food for 9 days.
>>
>>7291333
Rice, beans, potatoes, some eggs, some vegetables.
>>
>>7291508
It's actually not. Debt is as habit forming as alcohol. It can destroy your life.
>>
Eggs are cheap and they have good protons and fat, potatoes are cheap and good carbs, same with rice and beans but beans have the protons and fibre, milk is good as well, buy a few cheap veggies to round shit out, look for specials, youll be fine.
>>
Rice, egg, potato, beans

Mix the rice with the egg for a nice and filling treat. It's a popular Japanese dish called tamago kake gohan
>>
>>7291592
>Eggs are cheap
Except for the fact that they've doubled in price since a bunch of chicken farms got bird flu about six months ago.
>>
>>7292053
Maybe where you are, not where i live man, cheapest i could find online for my country was a dozen for just under 2 dollarydoos, imo, its worth it. if eggs be to expensive then skip em, i mean, hes got to feed himself for 9 days? Surely he can stretch a dozen eggs that long, i dont expect he'll be making omelettes every day.
>>
just dont eat
>>
Dirt cookies
>>
>>7291333
>Go to nearest train station
>Suck dick
>Swallow semen
>Free protein
Profit
>>
Easy answer. Just do a mixture of regular rice/potato based foods. Mix in frozen veggies and a light sauce. You could literally eat for a dollar or two a day if you already have a big bag of rice or potatoes on hand.
>>
>>7292053
>egg prices just went up 20% here
1,20 for 10 eggs is still really good but damn I hate winter
>>
Wheat allergies are like hysterical pregnancies.
>>
>>7291357
>fish for protein
Literally the most expensive way to get protein, and it's not even very filling.
>>
>>7291537
If you're a pathetic manchild with all the self-control of a nigger in a KFC factory, sure
>>
>>7292612
No he means literally go and fish for it.

Anyway cheap fish is feasible, smoked mackerel with bones is cheap Af and you don't need much
>>
>>7292622
I've always wondered if it's cheaper to go fishing instead of going to the supermarket. Factoring in time, effort, and money of course.
>>
>>7292628
Depends how much you value your time.
>>
White rice has zero nutritional value, stop recommending it. It's an ESPECIALLY poor choice if you're trying to save money while on a tight budget because you're just wasting money on calories without getting anything else, when you could be getting cheap calories that come with adequate micronutrients (i.e. cornmeal, all legumes, buckwheat, millet, amaranth, nuts, seeds, eggs, firm cheese, sardines ). If you can't survive on 30$ for 10 days and meet all nutritional needs, you're probably retarded and can't cook for shit. Rice is only nutritionally adequate if you can compensate with vegetables, which you want to minimize buying because of the high relative cost.
>>
>all these guys bashing on wheat allergy
come on, it's not like he's claiming to be "gluten sensitive" or something. You can be allergic to almost anything, and sometimes it can even be lethal. I don't see how wheat would be special in any regard.

But yeah, just go to a cheap store like lidl or something to buy your food. As previously stated, rice or potatoes with beans should last you a while. You're unlikely to get any deficiencies in just a week, so I wouldn't really worry about that.
>>
>>7292646
well then get brown rice you slack-jawed mongoloid
>>
dude if you can't make 30$ last for one person intill friday you're pathetic
>>
Chicken thighs = cheapest meat. Plus they tasty and versatile.
>>
broccoli

a fucking bunch of broccoli, maybe carrots too
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.