[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I replicate the McDonald's hamburger patty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: mcdonalds-Cheeseburger.png (181KB, 444x507px) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalds-Cheeseburger.png
181KB, 444x507px
How do I replicate the McDonald's hamburger patty?
>>
Go to mc donalds and ask to buy frozen 1:10 patties
t. I work at mc donalds
>>
>>7290543
h-hw much money should i bring?
what does 1:10 mean?

what if I want more?
>>
>>7290532
Get cardboard packaging and blend with mystery meat and msg. Delish.
>>
>>7290532
i think they just grind their beef until it's more of a smooth paste than chopped beef. it's just fatty beef with salt and pepper.
>>7290748
yeah and don't forget the worms and dog food LOL!!!
>>
>>7290757
No. Look up:
ammonia treated beef
Beef Products, Inc.
pink slime

The media outrage was retarded, but that shit is far from simply a case of grinding up beef smoother.
>>
>>7290776
https://youtu.be/wXgSnUmhdws
>>
>>7290532
Big box store ground beef. Lean, 80/20, whatever its called in your area.
Work it with your hands a bit to break it apart. Form thin (7-10mm, 1/4"-1/3", max) patties on parchment paper. Freeze them.

Pre heat pan with a splash of peanut or canola oil. Cook frozen patty, putting a pinch each of salt and ground black pepper on each side.

It's a clone copy once you nail the texture and seasoning. The only things I cannot replicate are their buns, and their cheese. All the processed cheese in my area, lacks the waxy half melt effect that McDonald's has.

French's Ketchup is closer to their little ketchup packets than bottled Heinz is.

Use dehydrated onions, rehydrated. Cut your own dill pickles, drain. and allow them to get to room temp before adding to burger.
>>
>>7290853
pretty much this except it has to be exactly 2oz precooked.

really work it, mush it up when forming the patties and add about 1 TSP of salt per 12oz. the salt content is what makes it taste good
>>
>>7290839
I'm honestly surprised that they don't go for the cheapest available stuff, especially considering some of the issues they've had in foreign markets. Look at those patties, though. And they act so prideful, like: "Hey, we aren't at rock bottom, yet! Hooray!" It's still low quality beef slung out in 1/4 inch patties.
>>
Shit on the bun
>>
>>7290853
posted this

>>7290879
I found adding the salt into the beef didn't let it freeze as fast, and seemed more dry... But that may be closer to the desired effect. If it does become too dry with the added salt, go for a 70/30 or regular ground beef.

I often wonder the taste difference between prarie Canada McDonald's, and southern states McDonald's. I hear the US uses growth hormones and mass produced corn based feed with their cows. Is there a noticeable taste difference on a mass scale type burger like rotten ronnies? Or does it taste the same from one country to the next.

Frankly, a quarter pounder BLT from one of my local joints is fucking divine. Go 5km down the road to another McDicks, and it's a dry piece of shit with wilted shit tomatoes.
>>
>>7290884
Yeah I mean I was surprised too. I figured it was the worst of the worst but then they made these videos to try turning their image around. If you search, they have one for mcnuggets, one for fries and one for mcrib as well. It still doesn't really make me want to eat there though. I would like to see other brands come out with videos like this to really show people what goes into the stuff they eat because McDonalds isn't the only place with the "it's not real food" stigmata
>>
>>7290893
It's real food, but it is still shitty food. I consider the lean texturized beef to be real food, too, because it is. It's just even lower quality. Also, their meal nutrition is always fucked, due to fries and soda even if not going for one of their many main item monstrosities. I find their efforts to combat the images they have to be hilarious. They have the image for good reason, and when they try to change their menu, the healthier items don't sell. They did too good of a job marketing their shit as the ideal happy good time eatery to combat it now.
>>
Not sure how much has changed in the 30ish years since I worked there, but I imagine you would find it difficult without a clamshell grill.

Back then (not sure if still) the burger patties were a frozen meat slush, if you thawed them out they would melt into a gross puddle.

The clamshell grill cooked from the top and bottom at the same time so that the water melted and steamed out of the meat quickly enough that what little meat was in the slush would cook into a sort of foam type structure and retain the shape of a hamburger patty.

Not sure how to replicate that bit of thermal-protein smoke and mirror action in a home kitchen.
>>
Sausage patties
>>
>>7290532
>How do I replicate the McDonald's hamburger patty?
Krystal, White Castle and the like were all styles of patties that competed with the early McD's. What these kinds of places had in common were "fast" cooking burgers that were constantly cooking and therefore quickly delivered to the customer.
They were pressed very thin. So get your meat ground thin and press it. I'd try rolling it out if you don't want to use force. I press a ball of meat between two plates, kind of like a tortilla press.
When you cook it on a griddle, it simulates a nicely seasoned cast iron or a stainless pan. It doesn't need t be crazy hot, but you do need to cook it on finely minced onions. Salt and pepper it. Onion or garlic powder would be optional. Some joints hit the burgers and onions with a liquid to sizzle and steam, such as a vinegar or broth. Back then? MSG was no problem and people actually loved it.
Mustard would be more likely the highlighted flavor, than ketchup alone. Some joints would lay the bun over the patty after the initial flip, because it warmed and steamed it. Then they would flip the whole mess of that onto the bottom of the bun. I'd prefer toasting, but it needs to be a sort of soft roll. Potato and hawaiian rolls have the right texture. Think cheap bread, wonder bread as their style.

Update it as much as you want, but the grilled onions,and thinness are McDs style. There are other brands, like A&W that did a thicker patty kind of like the Five Guys now. I actually like caramelization and browning on my burger for the flavor of that. I don't mind thin little sliders, but for a burger, I like something thicker to bite into more.
>>
>>7291035
>grilled onions. . are McDs style

You are thinking of a different restaurant. McDs onions are raw, and not a part of the burger cooking.
>>
People always want to eat the best cuts only. Even if it makes no sense like in ground beef. YOU DON'T HAVE TO CHEW IT ANYWAYS. is it because it's not a lean cut? guess what, you need that because it tastes good. I bet these ppl consider Kobe shit tier because of the fat.
>>
>>7290839

>grant Imihara

the all time champion sellout king, what an asshole
>>
>>7290552
Tenth of a pound
1:4 are the quarter pounder patties probs bring like $10 or whatever depending on how much you want
We will sell them to people at the location that i work at idk about others tho
>>
>>7290892
>I found adding the salt into the beef didn't let it freeze as fast, and seemed more dry...
>>7290999
>The clamshell grill cooked from the top and bottom at the same time so that the water melted and steamed out of the meat quickly

this is the answer. I did this once many years ago and used a small skillet to press the patties out and that's exactly what happened, covering them was key
>>
>>7291047
Actually we do use them while cooking the steak for the breakfast
>>
Also spoiler
Mac sauce is thousand island dressing and chunks of pickle
>>
>>7291255
Okay, I just meant it's not the hallmark of the plain burger.
>>
Get ammonia treated, completely tasteless beef.

Pay Wild Flavors, Ltd. $10M to get artificial flavoring formula that closely matches McDonald's.

Add the flavoring to the tasteless beef patties.
>>
>>7291255

Can you comment on the mayonnaise-like slime that you smear on the bagel breakfast sandwiches? What the fuck is it?
>>
>>7291035
i worked there and they add a packet off dark brown goop to flavor the grilled onions
>>
>>7291238
Hey fuck you guy.
>>
>>7291503
I honestly dont know
>>
>>7291503
I am interested in this as well. I think it is suppose to be some kind of butter type sauce. Not too sure. I like it, though. I've asked for it on my sausage mcmuffin before and they just stare at me clueless like they have no idea what I am talking about.
>>
I don't even know why to try to replicate these though because you can get a hamburger for 49 cents or a cheeseburger for like 69 cents on certain days. Why make them at home for more money when you can just buy like 25-30 of them for the price it would cost to make 10 at home
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.