[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hot chocolate thread! >favorite brand of cocoa to use while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: hot-chocolate.png (2MB, 1378x918px) Image search: [Google]
hot-chocolate.png
2MB, 1378x918px
Hot chocolate thread!

>favorite brand of cocoa to use while making it from scratch
>one big marshmallow or lots of little ones
>best alcohol to add to it
>your own personal additions when making the dry mix at home
>>
File: comfy.jpg (18KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
18KB, 400x299px
>make a cup of coffee
>stir in some Abuelita mexican chocolate
Hnnghhhh
>>
>>7288611
>2006
>oblivion just came out
>play game during the winter
>drink hot chocolate with tobasco and eat chili for weeks at a time
>>
i use just cocoa powder and add in some sugar or honey. then i'll add some spices like nutmeg or cinnamon, cardamom, y'know. vanilla is neat too.
i don't add in marshmallows. sometimes a bit of whipped cream. i also like to make hot cocoa from dark chocolate. just melted in milk.
>>
Any tips for getting a homemade mix to combine with milk properly? Every time I try to make a cup I always get a bunch of clumped dregs at the bottom of my cup.
>>
>>7288650
i've experienced that homemade chocolate mixes way better if you melt a piece of chocolate in milk. i guess the fat binds the cocoa and thus makes it creamier and more homogen. let's see, i'm going to try making one with cocoa powder right now.
>>
1: heat some milk
2: stir in packet of Swiss Miss
3: add two large marshmallows or handful of little ones
4: enjoy
>>
>>7288654
meh, i combined cocoa powder (33% cocoabutter) with a bit of salt, cinnamonand vanilla. mixed it into milk and let it cook up once. stirred in some honey. no problems with blending. it's smooth and homogene.
>>
File: Swiss-Miss.jpg (69KB, 680x463px) Image search: [Google]
Swiss-Miss.jpg
69KB, 680x463px
I like Swiss Miss
>>
>>7288666
Maybe the problem is that I'm adding the mix to milk that I've heated up in the microwave, did you heat yours up on the stove?
>>
>>7288672
why do drags always fill in their lips so weird?
>>
>>7288611
NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
my nigger,
Rumplemintz and 151 with hot chocolate... rectal opener.
Tastes like a chocolate candy cane.
Face plant amount of booze.
>>
>>7288611
I eat chocolate every single day:

>half banana
>2 spoons of cocoa hersy powder
>1 glass of milk
>blend it
>microwave for 2 min
>add cinamon powder

shit is delicious as fuck.
>>
File: DSC_2220[1].jpg (2MB, 3216x2136px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2220[1].jpg
2MB, 3216x2136px
Heat up some milk on the stove then stir these bad boys in slowly.

Maybe I'm biased by my culture, but I prefer Filipino-style tablea hot chocolate over Swiss Miss any day.

My family always drinks this every New Year, it's comfy as hell. Highly recommended to use it as dip for pandesal, too.
>>
>>7288687
>not just leaving it at Rumple Minze

151 would make it taste like shit you pleb.
>>
I much prefer melting chocolate than using cocoa powder. I haven't tried hot chocolate tablets though.
>>
My dad used to make me hot chocolate as a kid, for many years. Pretty cozy, as this was in Alaska so it was very cold out.

Started out with packaged stuff, but it quickly escalated into him upping and upping the insanity, going from scratch and trying to get the finished product thicker, denser, and richer each time.

I was pretty much the guineau pig side of the team, but obviously it was a good place to be.

The gold standard was having the spoon stand free in the cocao.

Try adding some caro syrup. Thickens the mixture without changing the flavor much.

Also, I preferred toast (buttered) to dip in - the slight salt of the butter and the crunch of the toast is a better accompaniment than marshmallow.
>>
>>7290376
That sounds really good. I'm imagining something petit chocolat-like. Butter with toast sounds great.
>>
>>7288650
Add two tbs milk to the powder, whisk like crazy with a fork to make a paste, add a bit more milk, whisk like crazy to make it all dissolve, add the rest, stir like a normie so it doesn't spill. Wa la.
>>
>>7288650
or if you are making a lot and not man enough to whisk it, you can just blend that shit.
>>
>>7290393
Thanks, it was very good, at least to my young palate.

But sorry, I don't know what petit chocolate is. Little chocolate?

Google just pulls up chocolate stores and forest gump style boxes of chocolates.
>>
>>7290376
Alaskan here, that sounds crazy thick! My favorite is just SwissMiss, coffee creamer, and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
>>
>>7290441
Where you from family?

>Homer ftw
>>
>>7289766
grainy
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.