[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

categories of food that is worth spending restaurant dollars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: download (1).jpg (14KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
14KB, 183x275px
categories of food that is worth spending restaurant dollars on (the full list):

curry
sushi

that is all.

what really grinds my gears is people who order "pasta" - JEESUS fucking christ, you are spending top dollar for a restaurant, get something you can't make for 10 cents at home!
>>
>people going out to eat and supporting their local economy
>JEESUS fucking christ
op is true patrician
>>
>>7287307
>get something you can't make for 10 cents at home!
Good protein is always worthy.
>>
>>7287318
salmon --no
steak --maybe
hamburger --no
lamb --yes
shrimp --fuck no
>>
>>7287316
>op is true patrician
damn straight.
I'd rather starve than be forced to eat plebian-tier.
>>
Curry if anything is extremely fucking cheap to make at home as long as you get your spices for cheap.
>>
bloomin onion.
baked alaska
beef tar tar
anything Irish
>>
>>7287307
>what really grinds my gears is people who order "pasta" - JEESUS fucking christ, you are spending top dollar for a restaurant, get something you can't make for 10 cents at home!
LOL, that made me giggle, because that's what my parents AND my spouse always say. I agree with that sentiment, but they get genuinely angry about it. The only time we go out for Italian food is when I can find an Italian restaurant that serves real Italian food (i.e. vegetable and meat dishes) as mains, and the pasta is served as a first course or side.
>>
>>7287307
>>7287336
What the fuck is wrong with ordering pasta? I can make bread and rice for 10 cents at home too, do you guys just suck at cooking?
>>
>>7287307
I have to agree Op. Those are literally the only things going out to eat for except maybe pizza and mexican food(i have a burrito addiction). Im pretty picky about sushi though. Recently fell in love with eel rolls. So fuckinh bomb
>>
>>7287379
>Im pretty picky about sushi though. Recently fell in love with eel rolls. So fuckinh bomb
You're not picky enough. If the best thing your sushi shops have going on is eel (which btw comes pre-cooked out of a plastic freezer container from china and is microwaved to order), I wouldn't recommend eating the sushi there. Just some advice from a guy who has been to japan, before sushi hit big in the 80s.
>>
>>7287353
Au contraire. If you know how to cook well, you know that pasta is rarely worth ordering in a restaurant unless it is very specialized, or contains ingredients you normally wouldn't have at home. When I go out to eat, I want to eat things that I DON'T make a home regularly. I can whip up fresh pasta at home in no time, and make just as good if not better sauces than most restaurants.
And frankly, most breads and rice dishes in restaurants are subpar to what I make at home as well.
I go out to dinner for the whole experience, not just to feed my empty belly when I'm lazy.
>>
>>7287385
>this comment
I thought you people only existed in the memes
>>
>>7287385
>Trust me, I've been to Japan
Teach me master
>>
>>7287396
>If you know how to cook well, you know that pasta is rarely worth ordering in a restaurant unless it is very specialized, or contains ingredients you normally wouldn't have at home. When I go out to eat, I want to eat things that I DON'T make a home regularly. I can whip up fresh pasta at home in no time, and make just as good if not better sauces than most restaurants.

All this tells me is that you go to a lot of really shitty restaurants
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>7287399
The memes are based on people like me, baka
>>7287402
What I have can't be taught. But it can't be learned either. That feel when you will never visit 1980s Japan. U jelly?
>>
anything deep fried
such a hassle to do at home, and usually pretty cheap in restaurants
>>
>>7287385
>im a retarded weeb that should shut the fuck up or eat a missile
>>
>>7287307
add pizza to that list, dawg. unless you're rich your oven doesn't get to the temperatures that a proper pizza place can provide and even so you'd have to eat pizza every day for the cost/value ratio to balance out
>>
File: Madoka-Laughing-76614.gif (71KB, 387x290px) Image search: [Google]
Madoka-Laughing-76614.gif
71KB, 387x290px
>>7287424
>such genuine anger
After all these years, some people CONTINUE to come to 4chan not knowing that it is a Japanese image board.
>>
... curry? That seems odd as a restaurant quality item.

I'll agree about sushi. Or rather, properly cut raw fish, and house made tamagoyaki. Sushi rice with pickled vegetables inside is dead easy for home made.

I agree about some fried things. I've had chicken at good restaurants better than what I can do at home, and a local donut shop's fritters definitely beats my home made ones. Seriously thinking about trying to sneak a camera into their kitchen to find out their secret.

I'd also add any kind of high cuisine, lots of molecular gastronomy kinda stuff. Maybe more for the experience and presentation than the food (and impressing dates).

Eggs benedict maybe? It's a pain in the ass to make hollandaise in the morning.
>>
Typical Americans on this thread. Cheap (really cheap), unappreciative, brain fog people with a chronic masturbation problem.

Eat dicks. Die you filthy cheap scum. Disgusting.
>>
>>7287497
No!

It's a cambodian macrame board, you dunce!
>>
>>7287542
I think he added curry because it's a food that lends itself well to long-long-long cook times and economy of scale. It's not feasible to leave enough curry for one simmering long enough to get it as good as restaurant quality.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.