[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Which one should I get?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: blendtecvsninja.png (152 KB, 641x385) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
blendtecvsninja.png
152 KB, 641x385
Which one should I get?
>>
ninja
>>
Blendtec
>>
Vitamix
>>
Sears
>>
Viking
>>
Glad we could help.
>>
the one that doesn't look like a faggot
>>
>>7286857
refurbished vitamix, 6 year warantee
>>
>>7286996
I received one of those as a gift last year. It's pretty good, but I heard Blendtec never needs a tamper. I think that would be better.
>>
>>7287034
plenty of situations a blendtec will need a tamper or something to push bits into the blades to speed up the process, typically low liquid situations.
>>
>>7286996
vitamix > blendtec >>>> ninja
>>
>>7287060
But only to speed it up? Because with my Vitamix I find I get in situations where a complete air pocket forms around the blade and I need a tamper to get it to continue blending at all.
>>
File: TXCMr76.png (187 KB, 1906x1761) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
TXCMr76.png
187 KB, 1906x1761
heres consumer reports comparison on their top blenders if you're interested
>>7287074
are you turning the speed up too fast, thats usually when that happens to me i turn the dial too fast or turn the high switch on too early
>>
>>7287092
Maybe, but I sometimes have trouble turning it up too slowly as well, so I'm not yet sure where the sweet spot is.

Can you have the same problem with a Blendtec, though? I was told that you can't.
>>
>>7287107
I can't say as i've not used one but with a blade spinning fast enough air pockets are possible regardless, blendtec may get around it with their fancy wild side jar
>>
I've owned both the Blendtec and Vitamix at one point. Ended up returning the Blendtec because it sucked and I returned the Vitamix because I went broke; Thank god for Costco.

I would go crazy with my green smoothies and pack them to the brim; the Blendtec would overflow on me like 3/5 times when I did that. In low liquid situations, it would always struggle, and I'd end up adding more liquid and or having to scrape down a bunch of times. Lastly, the motor would sometimes struggle, and start to heat up and almost smell a bit (perhaps the plastic heating up?). The final straw was noticing that it wouldn't completely pulverize seeds -- at that point I returned it.

The Vitamix, for the short period that I had it, was a dream to use. The thing felt noticeably more powerful. It would completely disintegrate seeds, and give me a "smoothier" consistency across the board. Never overflowed and never felt forced. Tamper was useful. I dunno, it just worked.
>>
>>7286857
Oster Versa. I've had one of these for 6 months, and it's awesome. Got it for $149 at Amazon during a lightning deal.
>>
I miss my parent's vitamix since I moved out. I really want one but even the refurbs are expensive. Anyone else have one of these?
>>7287347
>>
>>7287594
Same guy as before. It's 95% as good as my friend's Vitamix - the only difference i can tell is with raspberry seeds in a smoothie. The Vitamix will blend them pretty smoothly, but the Oster leaves them slightly grainy. At less than half the price of the Vitamix and with a longer warranty, though, I'm absolutely happy with the Oster Versa.
>>
File: 1310572247573.jpg (4 KB, 212x251) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1310572247573.jpg
4 KB, 212x251
aren't these all made in china anyways?

not even joking
>>
>>7287620
Do you know anything about the 1100 watt versa? $230 is a little out of my budget right now
>>
>>7287635
Vitamix is made in America. Not that that's any better these days.

Still, it doesn't mean that some aren't better than others.
>>
>>7287594
wait til black friday and use the 25% coupon they always put out
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
Thread DB ID: 458414

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.