[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fresh lamb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: delicious.jpg (169KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
delicious.jpg
169KB, 640x427px
I live in central virginia. I am seeking a place to purchase a LIVE lamb that I can slaughter and process myself, either on site or at my house.. Does anyone know where I can find this kind of service?
>>
>>7286808
I would get numbers from the area sheep farms.
Craigslsit could help.

There's this:
NEXT GOAT AND LAMB AUCTION SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2016. COME JOIN US AT OUR NEW SITE AT THE FRANKLIN-SOUTHAMPTON FAIR GROUNDS LIVESTOCK BARN.
http://richmond.craigslist.org/grd/5401418138.html
>>
Don't you need like, a permit to slaughter animals?
>>
>>7287247
I doubt it. Maybe if you were in a city or something. But Ag trumps a lot in rural America. Prob suburbs, too.
>>
>>7287247
Not for personal consumption. Animals slaughtered for sale in the US must be inspected by the USDA. I'd imagine the slaughter house needs way more than just a permit.

There's a certain satisfaction that I get from taking an animal from living and breathing to seasoned and enjoyed. I need to get the meat grinder attachment for my wife's kitchenaid before I do this so that I can grind everything extra off the carcass.
>>
>>7286808
what for? have you never heard of hanging meat to settle? such as idk... beef? good luck on your tough as shit wooly deer meat
>>
>>7290772
>tough as shit wooly deer meat
I think you've only eaten mutton friend. Lamb is definitely not tough and yes it does have a flavor related to venison. I like venison though.
>>
>>7289029
>Brb, getting the USDA to slaughter the chicken I just killed in my backyard for my personal consumption ...
>>
>>7290895
>what is reading comprehension?
>>
>>7290895
>hurr durr I don't know how to read
>>
Just buy lamb meat you psycho
>>
>>7290948
>>7290948
I do. I want a whole fucking lamb, and I don't want to pay $4.50/lb for it.
>>
>>7290772
>have you never heard of hanging meat to settle
I'm still trying to figure out what the Hell this sentence is saying
>>
I grew up in central va, and there's tons of places that you can order a good quality, freshly dispatched lamb. Why does it absolutely have to be alive? I think you want one for some sick purpose...
>>
File: rmntZWd.png (660KB, 698x840px) Image search: [Google]
rmntZWd.png
660KB, 698x840px
>>7290948
>slaughtering a farm animal for cheap meat is psycho
>>
>>7286808
ok Triahx
>>
>>7292337
My guess is this guy is talking about hanging the carcass in a walk in cooler. That without it the meat will be too tough to eat.
>>
>>7292405
I suppose that makes sense. During early spring it'll be cool enough for me to hang it over night after slaughter before butchering it in the morning. That's really about all it takes.

>>7292345
Yeah but that costs more. Buying a live lamb takes out the cost of the slaughterhouse's overhead, USDA inspection, etc. I think I'll be purchasing one at auction. I looked at some sale prices on previous auctions and they were closer to $2/lb live.
>>
>>7293051
Keep in mind that 2/lb liveweight is almost 4/lb hanging weight.

If you can find it for 4.50/lb, you;d save yourself some aggravation.

That being said, I fully support your deisre to try it yourself. I think it's important for meat eaters to particiapte iin.
>>
>>7293817
>>7293817
But I only want to pay the 2/lb live weight.

>try it yourself
I've butchered enough deer to be able to cut out a saddle, loin chops, boneless legs, bone in shanks, and grind the rest for burgers. I also have a bone saw and an apparatus for hanging animals. I can hang 5-6 carcasses at once if I want to.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.