[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soy & Estrogen = Beta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: DryRoastedSoyBeans1-1024x576.png (1MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
DryRoastedSoyBeans1-1024x576.png
1MB, 1024x576px
Hey /ck/ucks, /fit/izen here that has decided to jump from vegetarian to vegan diet, however there is one reason why I refuse to at this moment of time: Soy.

Everywhere I read up on this bean there are multiple studies, case studies and personal accounts linking soy intake to increased levels of estrogen which for obvious reasons is undesirable for a man.

The question
>Am I safe from the negative effects of soy so long I don't take in too much? Say like 2-3 times a week put into my diet?
>Is there a way for me to have a high & complex protein diet without or including little soy?

Here's the article in question:
http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/soys-negative-effects

It goes without saying that I know I have to supplement my diet with foods fortified with B12 and Omega oils plus other vitamins.
I also know that proteins are a large varied group and that my diet has to encompass most of them, especially the proteins that the human body cannot make itself.

TL:DR: This isn't a discussion on the the perceived motivations, ethics or philosophy of veganism, just on whether or not Soy fucks your shit up.
>>
>>7286228

>/fit/izen here

Stopped reading there.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 273x184px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 273x184px
>>7286228
>He came to /ck/ expecting to get well reasoned and intelligent answers
>>
>>7286245
tbf /fit/ is much worse when it comes to this shit and anons here are candid in a way I like.
>>
>>7286228
It shouldn't fuck your shit up unless you drink 4 gallons a day or something. I drink almost a gallon of soy milk a day and my estrogen levels haven't changed at all. Just don't overconsumate it.
>>
>>7286228
If you don't want to eat soy products, you could instead rely on its brothers and sisters:
beans,peas,chickpeas,lentils and lupines.
>>
File: japan-back-the-and-today.jpg (87KB, 948x435px) Image search: [Google]
japan-back-the-and-today.jpg
87KB, 948x435px
>>7286228
I think this is conclusive evidence.
>>
>>7286381
>Japan has only been eating soy products for 70 years

You can blame Western influence and shitty Japanese leadership during WWII for the right side of that pic.
>>
How people still claim that estrogen-like plant compounds are somehow overly harmful and feminizing for men while claiming animal protein to be the single dietary saviour of buff and healthy bodies and saying that plant protein is "incomplete" or "doesn't work on people" is so far beyond me that I dont even...

P.s. Animal protein is marketed to be slimming and ideal for weight loss for women while it is marketed to be excellent for building muscle and really anything any common asshat can associate with manliness. How's that for a heaping scoop of BS?
>>
File: wolfram aplha.png (46KB, 734x680px) Image search: [Google]
wolfram aplha.png
46KB, 734x680px
>>7286363
>>7286347
Thanks Anons, I guess I can eat fried tofu occasionally and drink coconut milk, if it happens to up my caloric intake I'll increase my cardio and reduce my carb intake.
>>7286412
Maybe because chicken has a high amount of protein content compared to caloric content?

I do wonder what the other 80 grams of tofu is made up of???
>>
>>7286228
Just eat TVP instead or make nut cheeses.

Better yet, eat non sentient animals like scallops. There is NO good argument not to eat what amounts to a plant made of meat.

Fuck soy

/thread
>>
>>7286228
There's plenty of alternatives to soy. Just pick any pulse or nut you like and away you go. In terms of soy milk, I personally hate the stuff so I drink almond milk instead, but there are a few other alternatives like rice, oat and coconut milk.
>>
>>7286444
>I do wonder what the other 80 grams of tofu is made up of?
Water.
>>
>>7286444
>I do wonder what the other 80 grams of tofu is made up of???

water
>>
>>7286444
>I do wonder what the other 80 grams of tofu is made up of???

You do? Haven't you heard of water on your planet? You do know how tofu is made, right?
>>
>>7286453
Yeah I agree, unless it's damaging in other ways or damaging in ways I don't care about non-sentient beings on the level of plants can go fuck themselves, I'll still eat insect products and the like.

>>7286463
>>7286465
Neat.
>>7286467
Afraid not, bit embarrassing now that I realise that.
>>
>>7286228
Dude soy fucks up women too. Fucking soy is rich in fake ass estrogen. It's like plant estrogen but the body sees all this soy estrogen And is like oh hell yeah I don't have to make as much estrogen I'll just stop producing as much cause look at all the extra in the diet. So women Get that extra estrogen and they look a tiny fraction better and then when menopause hits or they even eat like this for years it can help along the early onset menopause and women never recover their estrogen levels before they ate a shit ton of soy. It just fucks you super hard but soy is super healthy in the moment. So instead of being cute longer they look ok now and Fuck themselves up for the long run. Guys prepare to leave your soy consuming gym bunny early for a newer one. as soon as they start declining it gets worse.
>>
>>7286347
This, but also
>>7286228
You sound like one of those clueless people who tries to substitute hamburgers with soyburgers and turkey with tofurkey - essentially just eating vegan junk food - instead of actually embracing a balanced meat-free diet.

Soy is a really good source of plant protein but it isn't the only source of plant protein. The insignificant extra amount of estrogen in soy is the least of your concerns here.
>>
>>7287169
>The insignificant extra amount of estrogen in soy is the least of your concerns here.
yeah, the goitrogens and trypsin inhibitors are the bigger problem with soy
>>
>>7286412
If you're not getting all the amino acids, you're not getting a complete protein. Very few plant sources have the entire set, so you have to diversify carefully if you're not getting it from meat. I don't know why you doubt this. It is well studied and verified, and isn't even a difficult problem for vegans to overcome.
>>
File: PLANT-PROTEIN3.jpg (875KB, 2166x2888px) Image search: [Google]
PLANT-PROTEIN3.jpg
875KB, 2166x2888px
Soy milk is delicious with cereal, but cooking with milk replacements you can use almond milk. Rice milk is sweet, I prefer it to dairy.
>>
>>7287242
>Very few plant sources have the entire set, so you have to diversify carefully
Rice and beans. That was real fucking hard, where's my nobel prize.
>>
>afraid that soy has estrogen
>vegetarian
but you are already not a man
>>
A vegan diet can potentially lead to loss in testosterone and increase in estrogen

It's a feminizing diet if you're not careful. My male students I tell them to avoid it completely
>>
>>7286412
Phytogesterone plays a part in hormonal imbalance when it comes.es to overconsumption of certain plants such as soy. Soy is commonly used as filler in many processed food that claims to be vegan or vegetarian and on top of that the main alternative to milk is soy. Thus we get men with bitch titz due to increased phytoestrogen that lowers their androgen levels..

Icomplete proteins refer to dietary protein needs that most vegetarians and vegans lack to cover in their diet. Animal proteins are slimming for men as they lack the level of testerone as men to process it into muscle mass thus the calories from the protein is not used for significant weight gain in women but are for men. Though high protein diets have been known to cause damage to kidneys.

Basically the modern vegetarian who doesn't prepare their own food or only survives on one nutrient dense cereal is fucked in this day and age.
>>
>>7287315
>Slimming for men
I mean women.
>>
>>7287258
Most people eat the wrong beans or cook them incorrectly and they have natural toxins that leech proteins from your diet.
>>
>>7287323
>Most people eat the wrong beans or cook them incorrectly and they have natural toxins that leech proteins from your diet.
I think you're grasping at straws just a little there
>>
>>7287344
That beans have natural enzymes thatfuck up your protein absorption? Most beans have them, especially black beans. Or that people don't cook well? Because most don't.
>>
It doesn't.
>>
>>7287323
Thats not true at all
>>
>>7286390

soy was not a big staple in their diet historically, and the soy they did eat was usually fermented or otherwise processed
>>
>>7286228
vegan diet is ultimate beta mode, gtfo out of here.
>>
>>7287323
Yes, it's true. You have to let them soak for 8 to 12 hours before cooking it
>>
File: 1428770960467.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1428770960467.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>7286381
I'll take Yunosuke.
>dat coy look away from the camera
>dose femboi features
>dem dick sucking lips
>>
>>7288330
Or you can boil them for about a hundreth of the time
>>
>>7287315
Milk and meat contain loads of animal estrogen and are normally high as fuck in fat. These always seem to get a free pass when talking about western obesity numbers. I have yet to see evidence or even anecdotal stuff about vegan guys with "bitch tits" or women with messed up hormonal activity due to great consumption of soy products.
>>
>>7287255

>all those nuts and seeds

Enjoy your fats as well.
>>
fuck off, vegan gains
>>
>>7288830
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074428/
Phytoestrogens bind with steroid receptors, displaces testosterone in plasma, and imbalance endocrine functions. The American diet is further supplemented with soy and soy products as a primary source of protein, protein filler, and protein supplement in various forms and processed foods. Also phytoestrogen intake seems to also rely heavily on age, diet, and gut flora. Asians can handle soy better and process it inert before it hits the blood. You whiteys may not. Estrogen also does not metabolize and disrupt in the same manner as phytoestrogen as it is diffused in the digestions process.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18558591
Is a documented case where soy product taken in excess has caused growth and senstivities of the breast, and imbalance of hormones resulting in emotional and sexual changes.

Lastly with how many companies are using soy products and continually adding more soy product and with the massive amount of government taxes and lobbying going into subsidizing the soy market it's isn't any wonder that very few people are interested in doing long term studies on the effect of the increase in soy in the western diet.

Simply put, soy theoretically will give you bitch tits. Just cook like a normal human being and don't supplement soy into every aspect of your life. Also avoid processed vegetarian and vegan food, it's all soy filler.
>>
>>7286453
>Non-sentient animals
Gtfo with your sci Fi memes. All living things harbour implied sentience
>>
>>7286228
There was a BBC documentary about weird diets and how it affected your health. This one guy was doing really well only eating the rind/peel/skin of fruits and vegetables and there was this ex military guy who ate mostly soy products and had pretty advanced man-tits.

>Soy gives you mantits
>>
>>7287288
Careful of what? Please explain
>>
>>7288239
The fedora is strong in this one
>>
>>7286453
You do realize the TVP IS soy, right?

Is there something in the process that eliminates the phytoestrogen?
>>
>>7286239
Wish it stopped you from posting.
>>
>>7287323
They only consumable beans that have a harmful toxin if under cooked are kidney beans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytohaemagglutinin

This is why you boil them, and don't slow cook them.

Beans also contain an Alpha amylase inhibitor that needs to be cooked away which would do pretty much the opposite of what you are saying, it wouldn't block the absorption of protein, it would prevent the conversion of starch into glucose and maltose.
>>
>>7288983
> You whiteys may not.
Eh at least we can still digest milk.
I assume it's still okay if my intake of soy is mostly just using it in miso soup and occasional soy sauce and natto?
I mean the people who will potentially get bitch tits are using it as a main protein source and stuff aren't they.
>>
>>7289064
Sure, that seems fine. Just err on the side of caution and avoid processed "vegan" and "vegetarian" food.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.