[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Costco a meme? Many people online rave about it, but is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 11

File: CostcoMoncton.jpg (3MB, 2972x2152px) Image search: [Google]
CostcoMoncton.jpg
3MB, 2972x2152px
Is Costco a meme? Many people online rave about it, but is it all true? What does /ck/ have to say?
If you do shop there was do you buy or avoid?
>>
My nearest Costco store is 3500km away, sorry OP but I can't help. Never been.
>>
I like Costco. The gas is a good price. The staples I get there are paper towels, tissue, TP, PASTRAMI (We love the pastrami), maybe chicken patties, and stuff like bagels or french bread, and Pesto. Also I will get snacks for packed lunches like cracker and cheese pouches or granola bars and you get like 5 packs of Capri sun at a time.
It's good at christmas time because they have cool book packs and books and discounted picks of gift cards.
We got some beach chairs there that we use for the summer concerts we go to, they're comfy, come with shoulder straps for carrying, cupholders, and a cooer attached tot he back for snacks.
The stuff they have on special at different times is often a good deal. I really want to get an area rug from there, and a futon they have on sale.
>>
>>7285263
>Is Costco a meme?

fuck you and your thread. sage goes in all fields
>>
>>7285277
Don't reply to my threads in the future
>>
>>7285263
Fuck off with meme. Meme is now a meme.

As for your question, the discount on gas will pay for the membership fee several times over throughout the year. Costco's store brand is Kirkland. I have yet to find anything under that label that wasn't good except their salsa. I buy my meat there when I'm cooking in large batches. I find that they have the best milk usually. It tends to have a little stronger taste than what I get at Kroger. The only real problem with Costco is that you will walk in set on buying a pack of meat and a case of beer, and you will walk out with a full cart about 400 dollars lighter. It's just too easy to be seduced by the prices there. And honestly, as a family of 2, if it wasn't for a deep freeze and some canning skills, we would probably throw out a lot of what we buy. We just can't go through that much food between us.

non-food related. I got my 55 inch 4k Samsung tv there on an awesome deal. I bought my deep freeze, tv stand, and a water cooler with hot water on demand as well.
>>
>Buy Costco Rotisserie Chicken for Peanuts

>Delicious as is or to be used in a variety of dishes

It's also good for anything you'd pick up in fairly large amounts, including produce.
>>
>>7285399
Oh, also

>Costco Hot Dogs

I wish they sold those fuckers. They're amazing.

and if you're a budget alcoholic, Kirkland boozes are pretty good for a fraction of the price- Kirkland Vodka is basically Grey Goose for a third of the price a handle, and so on.
>>
>>7285401
They do sell them, they are in the cooler section by the bacon.
>>
>>7285410
They're not even the same size. I think their in-house dogs are different.
>>
>>7285263
if I lived in America with a family, I would definitely rely on it. good cheap bulk products, some commitment to quality means no pink slime or nitrates in your ground beef. seems like a no-brainer for certain households.

I live in Asia now, so costco is a godsend. It's not necessarily cheap, but it's cheaper by weight than most places that sell foreign products, and they have the best variety of foods that suit a western pallet, along with affordable baked goods you can't seem to find anywhere else in this country unless you go to a cafe or subway where one cookie costs 2 fucking dollars and a piece of cake costs 10. even tomato paste is hard to come by, and making sauce from fresh tomatoes is extremely cost-ineffective and time-wasting. So for me, it's a huge fucking deal.
>>
My Costco has started selling pork bellies. I have been buying them and making bacon. A 12 pound belly yields about 10 pounds of bacon and they only cost about $20, plus a bit of time. By the end of winter I will have 40 lbs. Of bacon vacuum sealed and in my deep freezer. Plus Kirkland brand stuff is literally the best quality stuff around. Kirkland Columbian coffee is probably the best coffee I have ever drank that wasnt made by a barista.
>>
>>7285412
The costcos in my area have both the normal sized and the jumbo from the food court in the cooler.
>>
>>7285419
for comparison:

when I lived in Japan, costco was the only place where I could find:
tomato paste (not puree)
bulgogi sauce
American bbq sauce
pork ribs
lamb of any kind
certain kinds of cheese, like asiago I think
western sausage and hot dogs other than Johnsonvilles, including Italian sausage and garlic sausage
pastrami
fresh mozzarella
actual honest-to-god chocolate chip cookies
chocolate chips, pretty much

there were also a lot of things that I could find in cheaper alternative brands, like hot cocoa from Singapore instead of Swiss Miss, that I opted for to save money. and there was a lot of shit that was just so much cheaper, especially in the meat section (ground beef was just so hard to come by and I only found one other store that sells affordable pork shoulder in lump or steak cuts)

in Taiwan, practically everything they sell is unique. I don't understand why, because it seems like western restaurants are fucking everywhere, so why not just sell rack ribs and tortillas in regular grocery stores at this point.
>>
>muh memes!
Sage.
>>
>>7285263
It's pretty good op but be careful some items cost way more than just buying a normal amount at like safeway or something. The vodka is amazing for the price I can confirm, their booze is a pretty good deal and the size of the big toilet paper box you get is insane but it's so worth it. No running out of toilet paper for like ever.
>>
>>7285626
What items are you talking about? Isn't it always more economically viable to buy non perishables in bulk?

I just checked and I do have a costco on the outskirts of town. Probably won't go because I don't use a lot since I live alone. I used to go with my parents and it was pretty fun. Everything was massive
>>
Kirkland is literally a god brand.
>>
$5 for a 3 lb fully cooked bird is a great deal. I wish I lived closer to one.
>>
>>7286271
I wouldn't say that, but I would say it's probably the best generic brand on the market.
>>
File: macncheese-1.jpg (236KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
macncheese-1.jpg
236KB, 1200x800px
>>7285263
You can get a massive hunk of manchego cheese for like $12 there. The one in pic related had a 1/3 of it cut off already. It's like $10 for a little sliver of it at Publix.
Costco's cheese selection is generally much better than most grocery stores, same goes for wine.
>>
some foods more than others
not everything is dirt cheap for the ammount but instead better quality for a good price like meats
can't say anything about their alcohol though since they cant sell it here
their premade shit and fast food is usually pretty good too, I wonder who they get their fries from
>>
File: double check.png (399KB, 1003x534px) Image search: [Google]
double check.png
399KB, 1003x534px
>>7287777
>>7287777
>>
Where else can I get a tire rotation, a vacuum, and a whole chicken at the same place?
>>
>>7287945
Sam's Club
>>
if you drink coffee, buying coffee at costco will pay for itself in a month or two

they have nice roasts, organic, etc.

also decent cheese sometimes

i don't buy their meat because it's mechanically tenderized and i like to eat raw meat but i've heard others say it's quite good

BUT THE COFFEE, MAN

also sometimes they sell giant sheep skins for like $40, which i love
>>
>>7285263
People should be permabanned for asking if something is a meme

Its the dumbest fucking shit and serves no purpose
>>
>>7287994
>Sam's Club
Pardon, but Sam's Club very bad quality. I really dont know how any self respecting person can like any of Sam Walton's establishments.
>>
>>7285263
Ok for food good for daily items.
>>
I hate Costco with a passion. The gas is cheap, but when there are lines for it out to the street and it ends up taking 20 minutes to fill up, you would have been better off going across the street and paying a nickel more.

Also, their so-called food is really quite disgusting. Some of my acquaintances always get their 'za' when 'za' is required. Fucking garbage dough with shit cheese. I've never even tried their hot dogs.

The worst part out of all of this is the people. Fucking nuthouse even attempting to park in the lot. Morons wandering up the middle of the aisles with their food sleds. I would honk, but that would only make them stop moving. Then you make your way inside. More of the same assholes that don't know how to walk properly.

Right down the fucking middle with their giant sleighs. Not a care in the world if other people are trying to get by. "Durr, lets all walk not in single file or pair, but 3-6 wide so that everyone else that values their time can be inconvenienced. But I guess they should have known that would happen when visiting the trough".

Costco is a blight on society preying on the weak and stupid. How can you justify buying bulk food if you don't have an immediate family of 5 or more? Idiots.
>>
>>7288133
>How can you justify buying bulk food if you don't have an immediate family of 5 or more? Idiots.
Checked

You might want to talk to somebody about your anger issues. Trust me, it's not a healthy thing. Higher blood pressure, bad habits, GERD, anxiety....

Haha, I am a single person with no kids, and I go to Costco. Why? Because on most things, you can save buying in bulk. For non perishables, if you have the space, stock up. Additionally, some of us may have a small business that we have to buy for.
>>
Costco gas is weird. Whenever I fuel up with it I swear my car gets less miles before the gas light comes on. Like, maybe 260 before I have to refuel, but when I get gas at Fred Meyer I easily hit 300. I guess you get what you pay for.

Costco is pretty cool for produce and frozen fruit, though.
>>
>>7288416
probably ethanol additive
>>
we dont have a costco, but it cant be as bad as nigger walmart on foodstamp day.
>>
>>7288416
i'm a costco member and i've never been to the gas bar

it seems insane to me.. people lined up for half an hour to save??? $.4? no thanks
>>
I shop at Costco occasionally (borrow an acquaintance's card) - I was actually really surprised when I saw the prices for the first time: at least where I live, the prices on produce are actually higher than at other grocery stores and the meat prices were the same except for beef which was slightly cheaper - was also disappointed to be told that they don't carry duck. The only things I buy there are bread flour and spinach (same price as the other grocers, but higher quality - no stems).
>>
In Australia some of their staple prices are outstanding. But really Aldi already has them beat for staples. But aldi don't sell coconut or avocado oil or cacao or bulk pecans or bulk pine nuts. But that's pretty much it. Aldi have the same prices on staples. Their meat is horrendously priced for supermarket tier shit that is cheaper at regular supermarkets. Their produce is good but overpriced. Their non food lines are pretty well priced though.

I stocked up before I went there last and let my membership go.
>>
>>7287945
canadian tire
>>
>>7288426
我不能把它有時
>>
>>7285263
in Britain Costco is a godsend; everyone loves it.
they sell standard brands at heavily reduced rates, and have really high quality cuts of meat and cheese.

We had a Costco based Christmas dinner, and it was fantastic

Also they sell crocodile meat so 10/10
>>
>>7288133
>there's terrible lines for the gas
so don't get it

>the pizza sucks
it's generic cheap American pizza, if you don't like generic cheap American pizza you won't like Costco's either, don't buy something you don't like with the expectation that you don't like it

>I've never even tried their hot dogs
The worst members of society blame other people for the quality of things they refuse to try. You could not possibly have a worse opinion than "this food is so bad that I've never even eaten it."

>the worst part is the people
if you hate people, you'll hate going outside. ever. I do fully agree that costco shoppers are fucking idiots, but that's not costco's fault. you can't even say it's because they cater to idiots, because all grocery stores are filled with idiots no matter how expensive or cheap the products.

>how can you justify buying bulk food if you don't have a huge family
first of all, perishable bulk food becomes extremely beneficial with a group as small as three people.
second of all, Costco is loaded with nonperishables and these are what I go for.
third of all, I'm not afraid to freeze certain meats and cheeses. Yes, I know it's not as good fresh, but I don't have time to go shopping every single day and meat drops substantially in quality after one day. while I want my steaks to be as fresh as possible, I really don't give a shit if whatever cheap pork or beef that I'm going to braise or roast for 5 hours has been frozen or not. I also like to make bulk meals and freeze them for later because I'm busy. If you don't know how to use a freezer, it's because you're retarded.
>>
anyone have experience with walmart having non genuine name brand products? I know for a fact with the walmart in my town the dove soap is knock off. smells like baby powder. also the tosito pizza rolls and mtn dew tastes generic as hell.
>>
>>7289184
gotta go to Wal-Mart for that real Chinese experience
>>
>>7289190
wut
>>
>>7288133
>Only people with large families should shop there
>Oh my god why is this place so crowded with large families
>>
>>7288438
Around here it's usually a 20 cent a gallon savings. Add that to the wife's 16 gallon tank, and it's like 3 bucks saved. The lines are never too bad at ours though. And I never have the problems that people are talking about with store congestion until you get to the checkout. Even then it's usually not too bad. Perhaps you all just live in hyper populated areas?
>>
>>7288475
I think what people don't understand is Costco isn't just about getting some items in bulk, it's also about getting better quality items. They have the most strict standards to be able to sell an item in their stores. Produce is a good example their produce is on average slightly higher price wise than the local grocer, but the quality and freshness is extremely higher. I have also bought duck at a costco, different stores carry very different items. All costco stores are about 60% the same, 20% regional and maybe 20% local items. Those numbers are just a guess but the stores and goods do vary quite a bit based on region and ethnicity of the area.
>>
File: 1452133838793.jpg (22KB, 449x380px) Image search: [Google]
1452133838793.jpg
22KB, 449x380px
>>7285420
>My Costco has started selling pork bellies. I have been buying them and making bacon.

OK, wtf. Do you have to ask for it from the dudes behind the glass? I MUST KNOW.
>>
>>7289252
obviously they sell it if they have it
if you go to any Costco in Asia, they are selling 10 different kinds of pork belly packages, skin-off in Japan, skin-on in Taiwan.
what you get depends on where you live. if they don't have it, put in a request
>>
File: jJZ6bWF.png (267KB, 358x336px) Image search: [Google]
jJZ6bWF.png
267KB, 358x336px
I think people raving about epic hot dogs are memes.

The food line at my costco is always a fucking half hour long because every jew in the city is waiting for their hot dogs and ordering pizza
>>
>>7289270
thanks for the absolute non answer. no one gives a fuck about your gook shopping experiences. I live in a free country where we dont have to kill our girl babies.
>>
>>7289283
I just fucking told you you numbskull, if they have it they sell it, if they don't, go to another store or put in a request. Jesus christ are you dense

>>7289276
I haven't had the beef ones. I've only had the pork ones they sell in Asia. They're the best hot dogs you can get in Asia except they're a bit on the salty side, but it's incredible value for the size of the meal, I think most people in America like them for that reason too.
>>
>>7288133
>The gas is cheap, but when there are lines for it out to the street and it ends up taking 20 minutes to fill up, you would have been better off going across the street and paying a nickel more.

In the Jew York area it's more like 30 cents a gallon differential, so yeah.
>>
>>7285263
>Many people online rave about it, but is it all true?
Those are all jew shills, don't listen to any of them. Costco is fucking shit-tier.
>>
>complaining about long lines for gas
>complaining about long lines at the food court

Don't go on weekends; it's a zombie geriatric shuffling ground. Go an hour or two before they close on weekdays and enjoy the effortless breeze. Also, the gas pump hoses are long enough to reach either side of your car. I'm always shocked at how many people I see lined up for one side of the pump just because they all drive domestic shitboxes.

PS their quinoa salad is great, super filling, and cheap.
>>
>>7285263
In Canada I find a lot of stuff is cheaper at the real Canadian superstore and also I don't like to buy in bulk
That said the cheap cafe is ok and sells Montreal smoked meat sandwiches and poutine as well as hot dogs and pizzas
Things like computers and tvs are cheaper at Best Buy
I rarely go
>>
>>7289315
I haven't seen a single valid argument for any of their food products, just one guy in this thread saying he's mad because the pizza tastes like the kind of pizza he doesn't like.

costco food tastes fine, I've never had a bad experience with any of their premade foods and their raw products are decent quality and value.
>>
>>7286271
i agree

tests on their olive oil reveals it's the most consistantly unadulterated brand coming from italy
>>
i like really like their pesto and bulk tp.
salmon is pretty good too.
oh and those soft butter croissants are so nice but i can't justify getting so many of them

its kind of easy to get ripped off at costco but overall its good for bulk necessities and random food items here and there. it can be depressing running up the bill so high for one trip, though, but you won't have to make another one for long enough that it'll be worth it
>>
>>7289511
it's pretty hard to get ripped off at costco. check the unit price, and make the bulk of your purchase nonperishables and meats you're willing to freeze
>>
>paying to buy
>>
my family will blindly trust Kirkland brand anything to be upper tier quality of whatever product it is. We buy so much of our household and foodstuffs there. I dont think we could afford to eat fresh food/paleoish without the ability to buy so much fresh and frozen produce and cheese so cheaply. The meat is often not a great deal, compared to sale prices at local grocery store.

Some of our favs:
4lb block of kerrygold berliner grass fed cheese for 20% of the price as local grocery
kirkland whole coffee beans
pesto
celery, all berries, brussel sprouts, Spring mix salad, aaples, all of which is at least 50% cheaper or more than local grocery
>>
>>7289184
anyone?
>>
>>7289900
>checked.

I actually read a lot on WalMart's buying practices in an Econ class.

Basically WalMart's volume is massive. The buyers negotiate insanely competitive pricing with manufacturers. To make the margins required, manufacturers will make a special lower cost version of the product. You will find that the SKU is different from the same product bought at another store. This is most evident on small appliances.
>>
>>7289931
>competitive

Sure, if you consider buying strategies so aggressive and hypercapitalistic that they frequently drive smaller producers out of business to be "competitive".
>>
>>7289979
>Sure, if you consider buying strategies so aggressive and hypercapitalistic that they frequently drive smaller producers out of business to be "competitive".
/pol is --> that way. fuck off, socialist. This thread is for the chub pack of toliet paper and 24 count of kleenex
>>
>>7289979
I consider pitting manufacturer's against each other for a space on the shelf competitive. yes. I hate them too. But I don't think I was being vague at all.
>>
>>7289931
>manufacturers will make a special lower cost version of the product.
wouldn't it make sense that that low cost version is a less then stellar version of the original product?
>>
>>7285263
OP, it's a warehouse store. It's meant for buying in bulk, which it's very good for. I get all my carrots, onions, potato, and celery there in huge bags. Sometimes meat also, if the price is right.
>>
>>7290016
That would be the typical result of lower end parts, yes. This is the key reason I don't shop there. I don't love them for the way they abuse the welfare programs for their employees, but you don't need /pol/ level thinking to just not want to buy shitty versions of a product. You'll spend more replacing it than you would just buying a quality item.
>>
>>7290028
>thinking to just not want to buy shitty versions of a product.
I was talking more about groceries and beverages. Their milk makes me sick.
>>
>>7288051
Agreed.
>>
>>7290016
Wal-Mart cuts quality for profit, Costco largely cuts profit to break-even on product without sacrificing quality (since they profit on membership)
>>
>>7290039
>>7290104
what you mean cuts quality?
>>
>>7290107
For example, tupperwares/clothing/etc., are typically thinner in the "Wal-Mart editions" of products in order to help keep costs down.

Meanwhile Kirkland's cost-cutting measures typically involve them eating the retailer margin beyond the minimum necessary to break-even instead of profit.
>>
>>7290116
do you think some of the namebrand products are knockoffs or special versions of the products that aren't that actual thing. I am paranoid to buy anything from there because the label says it's one thing and I find out it's something completely different. false advertising.
>>
>>7290127
Wal-Mart or Costco?

Wal-Mart it's a fact, one companies will not advertise but quietly admit.

Costco they sell the actual product. Since costco eats the cost-cutting in the better part by giving up their margin of profit (beyond break-even) the manufacturer has no real incentive to sacrifice quality.
>>
>>7290116
This is what bored people do. They make shit up and post it on the internet.
>>
>>7290133
was talking about walmart. I have one literally in my backyard it's a nightmare. also what's the deal with all the employees and customers being ugly as fuck. I can't even look at anyone in there without wanting to pull my hair out. start having awful thoughts.

it's a fact walmart sells knockoff imitations as genuine name brand products?
>>
>>7290127
>>7290133
Oh, for a bit more detail. ..

http://www.cnbc.com/the-costco-craze-inside-the-warehouse-giant/

They literally have a woman whose job it is to test the tensile strength of various toilet papers all day. Costco is fucking committed to quality.

Wall Street also hates Costco because its business model spits in the face of the norm. Costco is largely pretty fucking legit.

>>7290138
>>7290142

It's not that they sell literal knock-offs, it's that they get the manufacturer to make a different version of their own product for Wal-mart stores to get price down to what Wal-Mart demands. Wal-mart is pretty unyielding on what the price needs to be, and if you don't meet it you lose space on their shelves, the implications of which are obvious.
>>
>>7290152
>the implications of which are obvious.
sub par products?
>>
File: 538a4072493e0[2].png (261KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
538a4072493e0[2].png
261KB, 512x512px
>>7285263
>Hella long line at the food court
>Currently at cashier paying for my groceries
>Tell cashier "And a polish sausage with soda"
>Waddle walk my way past the long line to the pick up food court right next to the order line
>Hand over receipt, one sausage pls
>They go and make it
>Get stared at as I essentially cut ahead of all of them
Feels good. Deli mustard + raw onions. Relish a shit.
>>
>>7290159
Of course!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rival-2-Slice-Toaster-White/15231388

For example, this toaster was infamous for being a mere six dollars.
>>
>>7290152
>>7290152
>it's that they get the manufacturer to make a different version of their own product for Wal-mart
that sounds insidiously evil.

>>7290166
so prices that are significantly cheaper then the msrp are what you need to watch out for?

what about bottled water? I bought a 24 pack of dasani bottled water. did I get a special version? should I dump these bottles down the drain?
>>
>>7290175
>that sounds insidiously evil.

It is, Wal-Mart is basically an American tyrant at this point.

>what about bottled water?

Water is a basic product enough that I'd trust even Wal-Mart on it. Bottled water is largely a racket from the "quality" factor anyway past a certain point, bottled water is entirely about the convenience of having a disposable container.
>>
File: 1389641671174.png (79KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1389641671174.png
79KB, 250x238px
>>7290188
>Bottled water is largely a racket from the "quality" factor anyway past a certain point, bottled water is entirely about the convenience of having a disposable container.

wut??
>>
File: amused.png (13KB, 202x184px) Image search: [Google]
amused.png
13KB, 202x184px
>>7290191
It's not like bottled water is demonstrably better than tap water, at least by reasonable quality standards in the better part of Clapistan.

Bottled water is when you don't have a reusable container of water handy or when it'd be inconvenient to carry the aforementioned container instead of buying a plastic bottle. Otherwise you're basically paying more than gas per volume for tap-quality water. Even the "Good" brands by reasonable standards like Poland Spring or whatever are basically tap-quality by the metric of most of the country.
>>
>Many people online rave about it, but is it all true?

Shills. They are everywhere now. Everyone uses them.
>>
>>7290196
well now I feel like a complete fool. I had an issue with minerals in my shower water for years. damaged my skin real bad and started losing my hair. got a showerhead with a filter and everything improved dramatically. so I wouldn't trust drinking my tap water
>>
>>7290207
Hard water can be bad in some ways (certain kitchen items like coffee makers, for your hair, etc.) but as drinking water it's pretty much objectively better.
>>
>>7290207
Well, there are places where the tap water is actually unhealthy, but if you're fortunate enough to live in a place with a well-run municipal water supply there's little point in buying bottled water.
>>
>>7290215
Though, to add to that, even if you didn't like it you could just get a filter and then you'd be ahead of tap water long term anyway.
>>
>>7290216
I live in Flint, MI. Our water is world class.
>>
>>7290191
Drink tap water
>>
>>7290223
walkteron, ontario here
>feel ya bruh
>>
>>7290225
is this a /ck/ meme I'm falling for?
>>
>>7290228
Depends on where you live, tap water quality is incredibly variable.

One of the few objectively good things about Clapistan is that the average tap water quality is disproportionately high, however.
>>
>>7290231
>>7290225
>>7290216
so what beverages do you guys actually spend your shekels on?
>>
>>7290235
Alcohol, soda, juice, etc., whatever you can't emulate through water alone.
>>
>>7290235
alcohol
Things that i mix with alcohol.

I drink water mostly, tap water is fine, but i have a really great cold/hot water cooler from costco so i usually get some 5 gallons.
>>
>>7290235
Tea and coffee.
>>
>>7290235
Tea and pop, I get milk for my family because they like it.
>>
>>7288073
Honestly I think Wal-Mart is low class establishment, but its so low class so they can price stuff that low.

Also, if you've ever said you give a shit about poor people fuck off. Those weirdos working at Wal-Mart? Those are poor people
>>
>>7290334
I like this guy
>>
>>7285286
replied. What now?
>>
File: 1435077774346.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1435077774346.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
OP, now you know how i have felt on the last three threads i've started. CK is a shitlord, shitpost, reply because its free, cesspool of non-content.

Mods are so weak its like they give no fucks to have people just shit up threads till there are 22 posts talking about walmart bottled water,
>>
>>7290515
OP here, I can't believe the number of autists who got mad for one reason or another

>>7285277
>>7285304
>>7285443
>>7288051
>>7288133
>>7289283
>>7289296
>>7289554

I'm a costco member and I do like costco, I just wanted to get other's opinions. What I got was the ramblings of autists.
>>
>>7285263
>Is Costco a meme?
no it's a store. a meme is like that rageface guy, or doge.
>>
anyone use amazon fresh exclusively?
>>
>>7289283
I'm the one who posted about pork bellies. I live in Ohio and the Asian population here is small. They sell them right in the meat case with the pork. They are about $2 per lb. I would ask the butcher. The first time I got one it had the skin on, which was awesome. I made a batch of pork rinds too. The next two times I bought them they had the skin removed. They come cryo packed and started carrying them in November at my location. If you make bacon dry cure it not wet cure it. It takes up less space and develops the more funky meat flavors attributed to curin/aging meats.
>>
>>7289385
The organic olive oil is god tier taste wise. 10 times better than the regular kirkland. I don't buy organic shit but I paid the extra couple dollars on a recommendation and it's fucking amazing. Still nothing beats the burgundy can of Kirkland supremo coffee. I would pay the $55 a year for the privilege to buy just that coffee.
>>
I love Costco, although as much for non-food stuff as for food. I've gotten a ton of watches and electronics from them, they have decent casual clothes for dirt cheap, they're great for stuff like light bulbs, car washing towels, etc.

Also, they have cheap pallets of Mexican Coke, which is the only soda I ever drink.

>>7285420
Mine has too. My dad is big on a bunch of kinds of cooking that require it, and he's been super stoked that he doesn't have to go to the Asian market to get it anymore.
>>
Did I just overlook it, or has nobody mentioned how great Costco is for alcohol?

They have good prices on decent beer, and their liquor prices are spectacular. A bottle of Basil Hayden's is $55 at my local liquor store (which actually has decent prices compared to supermarkets etc.), right now the exact same thing is $32 at Costco. I picked up a handle of Buffalo Trace for $35 recently, when a normal sized bottle is $30 at the supermarket, and I got a bottle of Suntory Hibiki there for $52 last year, while it's around $90 anywhere else.

Semi-craft beer for less than $1 a bottle is pretty hard to pass up, too. Lagunitas is like $18.99 a 12 pack at the supermarket and around $22.99 for a 24 pack at Costco.
>>
Protip: The Kirkland brand rum is really, really great, and you can get a giant fucking bottle of it for pretty cheap.
>>
>>7291685
Their bourbon is also pretty decent, too. It's not really worth drinking straight, but it's perfect for old fashioneds and other cocktails.
>>
My family used to shop at Costco until me and my brother moved out and it just stopped being worthwhile to buy in bulk for my parents. I know I used to fucking love their croissants as a kid.
>>
at night i think of killing myself but then i remember costco exists
>>
I shop at Costco, and I live by myself on a university campus without a car. So it's pretty convenient to Zipcar over there every two weeks and buy enough stuff to last two weeks. Their chicken is a great deal especially out here in California. I freeze most of it when I get it and use it over the course of the next two weeks. Really saves me a ton of cash.
>>
Great supply of organic foods. Love it!
>>
>>7288903
Women bu give shit
>>
>>7290574
>using meme as a noun
>implying a negative connotation towards a business for no reason
>posting like you're on reddit in general

yeah no
if you want a balanced discussion you have to make threads in a normal way, not in a way that makes it sound like you have some bias against the subject then wonder why people who like it come to the thread to insult you.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 640x640px
I wanna buy bulk survival foods.
Is it better to order online or check the local stores in California?
>>
those caesar chicken melts at the food court are pretty great
they used to have some carne asada fried thing too
>>
File: IMG_20160121_002749.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160121_002749.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
>>
>>7292130
the hawaiian onion ones are pretty good. the seasoning is a bit on the sweet side, but the chips themselves are incredibly substantial, just fresh and crunchy all over, doesn't taste like wood chips like lays
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.