[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my cake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2048x2048px
Check out my cake /ck/!

>Not your mama's chocolate cake

>Chocolate mousse
>Chocolate Angel Food Cake
>Chocolate Wafer Crusy

Recipe: http://youtu.be/ukqXC_VkzSc

With the leftover cake scraps and yolks, I ended up making a bread pudding with the scraps.
>>
>>7284840
OP here, tip for the gelatin, if you have Knox gelatin powder I suggest using 1 and a half tablespoons of gelatin to about 1 and an eighth cups of water for the bloom. It set my mousse up perfectly.
>>
>>7284840
What the fuck is a crusy?
>>
>>7284847
I meant Crust. My bad.
>>
>>7284850
Since when does a cake have a crusy, anon?
>>
>>7284859
Kek. It's the base I guess, went well with the mousse imo, added a nice textural component. I just followed the recipe.
>>
>>7284840
>Chocolate Angel Food Cake
You mean Devil's Food Cake? Looks good OP.
>>
>>7284976
Ya my bad.
>>
>>7284840
Frosting is too thick on the sides
Filling too thin
Topping looks like you dumped little bits of charcoal on it.

But those are trivial. I bet it tastes great, anon.
I love chocolate and I would eat that in a heartbeat.
>>
>>7284840

There's not enough cake in that cake.
>>
>>7284840
>see munchies logo
>expecting someone obnoxious who thinks it's funny to have something profane come out of your mouth every other word
>pleasantly surprised
it looks really good, though it seems kind of wasteful to cut out two cakes from the whole baking sheet instead of baking two cakes like you normally would.
>>
>>7284840
fugg that looks like such a neat idea, I wish I wasn't triggered like a tumblrinna watching it

>uses 30% of the dough
>mousse takes hardly any yolks, uses gellatin, milk and cream, so it's actually panna cotta
>mouse is so light and unaerated
>stiff peak merengue isn't stiff at all
>mixes a quarter in but it was almost half
>stirs in the rest anyways
>loose peaks because the word soft it passé
>yolks were actually beaten to ribbon stage

I know it's autistic and just nitpicking, but goddman.

Also I feel like the cake itself looked so great and same with the crust but they were passed up in favor of that light brown abomination
>>
>unaligned layers
>layers not nearly big enough to cover the width of the cake
>crusy
Get a fucking grip, OP.
>>
>>7285281
Well I mean it's a recipe for the restaurant in order to have extra for other stuff like cake pops etc.

The leftover I had, I ended up making a bread pudding with the cake scraps
>>
Looks tasty as fuck.
>>
The outside doesn't tell you what kind of cake it is. It's deceptive. Also, what's with all the gravel on top?

Other than that, edible/10.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.