[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Al/ck/ohol general, taking a break edition. When is the last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 31

File: Alcoholic-liver-disease.jpg (15KB, 650x627px) Image search: [Google]
Alcoholic-liver-disease.jpg
15KB, 650x627px
Al/ck/ohol general, taking a break edition. When is the last time you slowed down? Are you capable? What's your poison, wine, beer, or spirits?
>>
>>7284482
Not drinking tonight, thank god I have sleeping pills so I have an okay sleep hopefully. Drank heavily this weekend so I was anxious at work this morning and needed a wake up shot.

>but fuck me right?
>>
>>7284482
I slowed down last week because the doctor said the booze was effecting my sperm count, and my wife and I are trying to have a baby.

Two days ago I told her to get fucked, I'll drink when I want. She can have her shitspawn with someone else for all I care.

I moved out and have been drinking ever since. Called in sick to work today, and I don't think I'm going back.
>>
>>7284499
Wake up shots and day drinking is when your coming up fast on rock bottom. I'm back on the sauce but only at night. Taking a break for a day or a few, its boring but I don't get withdrawals.
>>
>>7284505
I know. I was on the sauce hard last year and went I stopped suddenly I had a seizure. I wasn't eating though (couldn't keep food down), and all I was doing was chugging beers and doing shots. I lost 30 pounds easily and detoxes about 3 times but kept drinking. I've calmed the fuck down since then but if I have booze in the house it's going to be gone. I drank a 750 ml and beers and more shots along with my boyfriend this weekend. He has trouble keeping up with me. I'm trying to keep drinking to the weekends now.
>>
>>7284504
What was the fight over anon? What are your plans now?
>>
Counting down to Friday when I can get my weekly fifth of Kraken
>>
why is //ck/ filled with alcoholics?
>>
>>7284533
I brought home one bottle of wine after a few days of complete sobriety, and she started bitching about my fertility.

I'll just find a less demanding job and move out from my parents into some cheap shithole as soon as I can. I obviously wasn't right for her anyway.
>>
>>7284557
Fuck man, sorry to hear that
>>
Fucking degenerates. On average I have the equivalent of around one beer a week and that's mostly because I like penne a la vodka.

how did you folks end up where you are? Get into the habit in college?
>>
>>7284529
Best of luck. I had to detox last year because I most likely broke my hip and didn't have insurance to pay for medical care. I spent about 5 months being different levels of intoxicated but never sober. It got to if I went even a few hours without a drink I'd start shaking. Very embarrassing, I decided to get help when I went on a family vacation and was shaking so hard I couldn't hold a cup still enough to drink.
>>
>>7284557
have you considered getting your fucking shit together as at least a backup plan?
>>
>>7284567
College. Before I turned 21 I was the biggest pothead faggot ever. When I couldn't find weed I started buying liqour instead, then realised I liked it better, it was easier to get, socially acceptable, and helped me get laid. It took years to really turn into a problem.
>>
>>7284583
> weed is literally a gateway drug
>>
>>7284588
It really was for me. It was definitely the beginning of my compulsive drive to not be sober. Though I hear its also great for helping people abstain from alcohol and hard drugs.
>>
>>7284567

Purposely drove myself into it when I was 17 because I was emotional over a girl. Never stopped.

Anyways, going on a big break for the next two months right after the Super Bowl. I drink way too much beer. The weight is the biggest issue, even though I'm not that bad.
>>
Fuck, why are aged spirits such an absolute scam and why is the industry just going along with it?

Like, say, you have labels of "12" or 16" years aged, but no mention of the factor of heat. Since ethanol and water are molecularly stable, they themselves don't age, and the only "aging" occurring is compounds like tannins leaching out from the wood. Simply increasing the heat would thus make spirits "age" faster, just like tea brews faster in hot water than cold. And pressure is also a factor, since solvents are more affective at higher pressure, meaning some white dog put into a heated pressure chamber with a block of charred oak, and bam, you have bourbon aged years in a matter of minutes. What's the point getting into this when it's as useless and pretentious as wine tasting?
And then I get looked down at for buying the cheapest grog possible.
>>
>>7284675
You know where it comes from, you can research the climate of the associated region. Work it out for yourself.
>>
>>7284482
Got fired from my job for drinking while washing dishes tonight. All kinds of foul play and misappropriation goes on there, but somehow I'm the only one to get punished.

Been there almost 2 years, some server cunt who got hired last week found my cup of beer and tattled on me. I'd be angry if I didn't hate the place so much.
>>
>>7284688
Wow what a fucking bitch

>>7284608
I'm cutting down massively as well, beer is such a minuscule alcohol amount per unit it doesn't seem worth drinking it anymore to me. The calories are killing my body

>>7284567
I started off smoking weed, then I started popping x pills a lot and quit smoking. Then I decided to cut them off after my tolerance got so high. I got hooked when I became a bar tender and didn't stop drinking after I quit. And here we are now
>>
>>7284688
Honestly, dobbers are the worst. They have no place in the working class. Supervising and managerial types know that most of the rules are just formalities to cover their own asses, but have to enforce them if crawling dickheads raise transgressions to their attention.

I'd go there at the end of his shift and tell the useless fucker off.
>>
>>7284482

Made a thread yesterday about going back on it, nearly 8am now, need to wait till 10 till they fucks are allowed to sell booze, the shop is 24hr but only the one dude will sell before selling time and he's not in.

>Waiting for 10am
>Is it bad I know the phone number of the booze shop
>Got a couple of valium to take the edge off
>gram of speed to take the edge off the valium
>Vodka to level it all out
>I can see this bender lasting a few weeks
>Start work at 11am
>>
I quit smoking crack, pretty proud of myself. I still use copper wool over steel wool to this day.
>>
>>7284711
Fucking anxiety man
>>
>>7284711
wew lad
>>
>>7284711
>gram of speed

Somebody's European. Speed paste smells weird, I like meth better.
>>
>>7284575
She knew who I was before we married. If that's not what she wants, it's best we part while we can.
>>
File: 1449161187301.png (43KB, 455x410px) Image search: [Google]
1449161187301.png
43KB, 455x410px
>>7284482
>want to slow down on the alcohol consumption
>be social retard
>recently been hanging out with qt girl from work on a weekly basis
>first time anything like this has ever happened
>have to down a four loko before I arrive at her house in order to calm my nerves and not act completely autistic
It's been going good so far but my liver probably hates me.
>>
>>7284721
Anxiety through the roof, Valium kinda helping, I'm going to hit the shower and just strong arm the cunt to give me a litre of vodka

>>7284732

Speed is tame & controllable, it is dirty as fuck though, I wouldn't do it recreationally,

l also I've never seen meth for sale in the UK. Crack is a big thing with the African refugees
>>
>>7284755
Meth is like speed's big brother. More euphoric, cleaner, but also way more fiendish.
>>
>>7284776

And that's what would worry me, I was clean for nearly 6 months, and in the space of 3 days, I'm drinking 24/7 taking benzos and speed, just to feel normal. I'll do this until my body tells me I'm going to die, then I'll hit up the sliding dose of Librium for the WD Then I'll be sober, but now I'm on it.
>>
>>7284675
You are a retarded and you probably think you are a genius for coming up with this awesome "new" idead for aging, trust me its not that easy, do a little research and you will find out why.
There have been countless attempts to accelerate aging and I have tried many, they all taste like shit, if liquor producers could accelerate aging and still produce a product that was exactly the same as a properly aged spirit the would, it costs a lot of money to store barrels for a decade or two, and they also have deal with barrel losses which further decrease profits.
>>
last week I went to the bar w a friend and we ended up leaving and smoking Meth w some guy we met. I threw up for like 24 hours. Probably the drugs but I quit for 7 days straight just had a few beers tonight. Didn't get any withdrawals and actually lost a few pounds. Didn't go into work hungover at all. I can't quit completely but I like to dry out every few weeks.
>>
>>7284737
Better bring your sorry ass to AA if you think you can never change. Don't be a giant pussy because you can't drink for a few months. Your last shot of happiness may have just walked out.
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 1187x1239px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 1187x1239px
>tfw school starts again today
>felt like taking a semester off
>haven't told my parents or my girlfriend because they'd disown me
>two months sober, but so close to breaking
Fake it till you make it, right?
>>
Currently 3 days sober, I woke up in the middle of the night last night confused as to where I was and had a full on panic attack and thought I was dying
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
moderate drinker reporting in. I used to cleanse my mind with a schnapps with 98% (196proof) with juice or coke. found out it was a bad idea as I started performing badly in the morning and had blackouts on weeknights and nearly hero status on weekends. back to beer, not too much (2-6 0.5l/evening). quit wine on weeknights as well as hydration is essential. drink every day since years.
>>
>>7284555
>Food & Cooking
>Cooking

Lots of professional drains on society here, and a few drunkards doing their part for free. Good news is some of us clean up temporarily because of these threads.
>>
File: 1421253998915.png (246KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1421253998915.png
246KB, 500x386px
>been on a downward spiral for two years
>day drinking, regular blackouts all the usual
>lost job year and half ago
>NEET and broke
>lose all friends
>living hand to mouth but still wasting money on drink and smokes
>finally decide to take a break after the thought of drinking makes me sick
>been sober for two months and only just now have allowed myself to have a pint with dinner on the weekends

I don't know if it's a false dawn but I'm feeling so much better after getting past that first month hump.

If I can do it, I know you guys can
>>
>>7285564
>being a cook
>not being an alcoholic/drug addict/ intelligent individual who does drugs to deal with the dumb as fuck routine of where ever they work instead of being allowed to have the freedom to serve new things.
Cooking is an art, and I for one am sick of cooking kitsch, Thomas kinkade bullshit for people.
>>
>>7285601
oops
>>7285564
reply was meant for >>7284555
SORRY
>>
>>7285600
Keep it up man, I am proud of you
What have you done instead of drinking?
>>
File: Oven-roasted-fish.jpg (331KB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
Oven-roasted-fish.jpg
331KB, 4272x2848px
>>7284482
It's about 5pm here. I've just been to the supermarket for food and a bottle of cheap vodka. 1 litre for £15.
I tend to binge drink. And I function OK. I just took two weeks off the booze, and I couldn't sleep. But I felt OK.

I'm into my second glass of the stuff and that warm, fuzzy feeling is rising. I've accepted that I'm an alcoholic. There's no fucking denying it.

But I can live a really good life. I'm a single dad with a teenage daughter (wife died in 2012). My daughter gets good grades at school, my mother is ill and I look after her, I have a lovely home next to a river, my hobbies are learning foreign languages, poetry, and fishing. Also making things out of wood. I made half of my furniture - tables, chairs, bookshelves, etc..

Also cooking. I've just made some delicious butternut squash soup, and baked some bread.
Being an alcoholic doesn't necessarily mean that life is a shit.

Oh well, it's cold as fuck here. Winter. So I'm off to the river to give the ducks some bread that is stale. The fuckers go mental for bread.
>>
>>7285372
Two months of sobriety isn't faking it, it's becoming a reality. Keep it going man, it'll pay off in the end.
>>
>>7284482
>taking a break
Wew
>>
>>7284482
When I'm in my home town I get drunk twice a week or so, and drink a couple of beers now and then too, but I have no problem cutting out alcohol when I want to. Since I go to university in a different town 500 km away, where I have no friends at all, I see no reason to drink, so I just don't.
>>
>>7285600
You're doin good son.
I haven't been sober for more than a month in the past 8 years, and I'm pretty sure I drank like every night of 2015. Drinkin right now before noon because I'm not working today. Classic.
>>
I have been cutting my alcohol to parties for about a year now and even then managed to keep it so that I don't black out. But past few weeks there has been this rising urge to drink alone at home again. I have roommates so that makes it a little better but it is still there and I really don't like it. Drinking makes me really sick and I want nothing to do with it anymore.

Ques I need to try to find some weed soon to get my brain twists. I wish alcohol was illegal or at least harder to get.
>>
>>7285789
I too drank every day of 2015. I need to go sober. I feel so much I better when I'm sober but I can't go a week without it. I'm not able to deal with stress well and I can't cope. It also makes medial tasks go by faster and helps loads socially. I've been drinking so long it's now a habit
>>
>>7285836
In an (my) ideal world, the legality of weed and liquor would be swapped. And then swap weeds legal status for lsd.

On the subject of roommates, half of mine give me dirty looks (despite them having their own vices that make them less functional than I) and the other half leave me to my daily drinking without judgment.
>>
>>7284711
Kek, sounds like me aside from the speed. I use percosets to take the edge off the xanax. Drink all night, pop xanax in the morning then percosets for brunch, smoke a bong after work before dinner, start drinking. Repeat.
>>
>>7285107
I fucking hate AA because it ruined my ability to keep myself in denial. Now if I relapse I'm gonna know what's happening instead of being able to convince myself that I'll use in moderation.
>>
>>7286052
I never really liked weed and opiates. I feel it overpowers the opiate high if it's more than a little pinch. Whenever I would shoot dope I'd smoke a little pinch bowl to keep me from puking as much. H always made me super nauseous even after like a year of use.

Almost died mixing xanax and dope. I remember hanging over the toilet because I was puking, and I woke up on the floor like 6 hours later.

I guess I fell on top of my arm and cut off the circulation, because I couldn't straighten out my wrist for months. I went to rehab with a kid who had really bad wrist drop; I guess his never straightened back out.
>>
I used to be sober for almost 5 years but ever since my brother killed himself I've been drinking every day. How do you control yourself with hard liquor? I can only drink beers, at least with it I have some control. If I buy Vodka or Whisky I end up drinking my self to oblivion and always regret it.
>>
>>7284482

I cant slow down. I work as a bar manager and my girlfriend works for a local brewery. There is always booze around me, always. I'll have a beer before work, several shots at work during the 10 hour shift, a shift beer at the end, and 3 or 4 beers when I get home so I can sleep. Thats a normal slow weekday, weekends I'm looking at 10-12 drinks a night. This has been going on for over three years now.

When I don't drink I get irritable, my jaw clenches, and I'm constantly thirsty. I drink seltzer to take the edge off.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't stop if I wanted to, which I don't. I'd find a way to get more booze, its not hard for me right now to get anything I want usually for free.
>>
>>7286138
God damn man that's rough. I don't blame you for trying to cope with that.
>>
>>7284482
>When is the last time you slowed down? Are you capable? What's your poison, wine, beer, or spirits?

Quit three months ago.
Yes.
Everything, but especially gin.
>>
tomorrow is the first day of classes for me. should I drink now or wait until tomorrow night? I've got no classes on thursdays so I wouldn't have to work through a hangover
>>
>>7284504
Sounds like you're on the road to rock bottom, friend. Just so you know, it hurts pretty bad when you hit it.
>>
>>7286207
Just wait, you can be happy about it tomorrow.
>>
Last night I drank a 40 in memory of Martin Luther King Jr.
>>
5 days clean. After falling on my face (I don't even remember.)
sad-yay.wav

Have you heard of Dry January? It's a recent UK thing, but it may raise awareness about alcoholism, kinda like movember.
The idea is to not drink for a whole month.
http://www.dryjanuary.org.uk
What do you think of it (for not as desperate people as me)?
>>
2 weeks without a drop here. I cycle between beer>wine>spirits. Always ends up the same; me blacking out hard after a few times with spirits (especially whisky, can't get enough of it) and going back to beer in fear of blackouts. Stopped drinking for now because I got to get my shit together.
>>
I love cocktails.

I was at a bar in Japan, the bartender from the UK gave me a mix of goldschlager and ginger ale. It was amazing. I drink it all the time now.

At least, when I can afford some goldschlager.
>>
>>7286261
>What do you think of it (for not as desperate people as me)?

sounds dumb. If you want to quit drinking then quit. If you don't want to quit then don't. You don't need a "month" for this, Christ.
>>
>>7286211
i'm just going to have a beer tonight and then get smashed tomorrow. alcohol usually helps me sleep, but i also always unintentionally stay up the night before big days, so it'd be a waste to drink too much when i probably won't be able to rest with it anyways
>>
2 days clean. I think i permenantly fucked my REM sleep forever because of drinking daily for years.

Getting 6 hours in a row without waking up is soo rare and I feel so much better when i actually do. The norm is about 3-4 hours, wake up feeling shitty, fall back asleep, rinse repeat.

Anyone able to fix their sleep after quitting heavy boozing? I already was a shitty sleeper before I ever started drinking so I gues that didnt help
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
I've been drinking daily for two years. Heavily for 10. I'm 30. Started after my mom died.

Past two years I've been drinking roughly a pint of liquor a night. I was only sober 1 night in 2015, March 21 when my dog died (pic related)

A few months ago my dad's wife kicked him out and he moved in with me. He sleeps on the couch. I offered him my room but he doesn't want it. Were both drinkers. Shit sucks and we are always at each other's throats.

Last week we started fighting and I lost it, pulled a knife on him.

I broke down and decided to kill myself.

I figured a 750ml bottle of cheap whiskey, 120mg xanax, 30mg of kolonopin should do it.

This was it. I was done. I walked 5 miles to the liquor store. I had a lot of time to think. My mind was made up.

I get in the store, buy my shit, on my way out the owner says "you work"?

I hadn't worked in two years. I was ashamed. So I said yea, I do....painting.

He says "oh, we need someone to help around the store". I said I could do it.

So. I'm 3 days sober (feeling ok... Last time I went cold turkey I wound up having seizures in the hospital for a week) working 30 hrs a week at a liquor store. It's an easy as fuck job. I just keep shit looking nice, stock booze, and watch for niggers. I have a remote that locks the door if someone tries to run out of the store with booze, which according to the owner happens weekly.

I have to work in 3 hrs.

Life is fucking strange /ck/
>>
>>7286330
Yea that was me. Knock off the booze and your body will adjust back to normal. You'd be amazed at how much you can fuck your shit up and come back fine.
>>
>>7286330
>Anyone able to fix their sleep after quitting heavy boozing? I already was a shitty sleeper before I ever started drinking so I gues that didnt help

I got your back, bro.
I'm three months sober, after being an alcoholic for years.
I thought my sleep patterns were permanently fucked too, but I sleep like a baby now, and that's coming from someone who not only was an alcoholic, but a lifelong insomniac as well. I've always been a night owl, and insomniac, even as a child. I used to creep around my parents house at night while everyone was asleep, I'd check to make sure my parents were still breathing (childhood anxiety, anyone?), and go through my siblings stuff, and follow my brother around the house when he slept-walk.
ANYWAY, I digress....
When I quit drinking, I obviously had trouble sleeping (although I had shitty sleep when I drank too, so I'd had years and years of bad sleep). To fix that, I started taking melatonin or benedryl about an hour before I wanted to go to bed, and also started going for long walks in the evening, at least 3-4 hours before I wanted to go to bed. That has helped tremendously. I don't take the melatonin anymore (taking melatonin for too long isn't good for you), but I do still go for the long walks.
If you don't want to take melatonin, you can also take the benedryl. Benedryl will not only help you sleep, but a full dose (2 capsules) can also help with anxiety, so that right there may be very helpful to you.
Eat healthy, exercise, and simple, non-habit forming meds can do for you. If that can help me, that can help anyone, because I was a fucking MESS of a human being.
Anyway, I sleep great now, usually a full 7-8 hours a night.
>>
>>7286364
I glad you made it, anon. I'm glad you're still here, and getting better. Life IS strange, which makes it all the more important that you see yours through.
>>
File: dan.jpg (10KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
dan.jpg
10KB, 299x168px
how are you today friends? i hope you are well.
>>
Hey guys, know this isnt AA or some shit but basically: I'm 21 been drinking about 24 units a day for 3 years, trying to cut down because I'm in final year uni but I hate it and get really bad chest pains and anxiety if I'm sober for a day. I'm assuming it's hard to fuck yourself up at this age but I can't see myself stopping any time soon. Should I just end it?
>>
>>7286524
You can die of alcohol poisoning in a single sitting so yeah you can fuck your self up at your age
Get help sooner rather than later. If you think you have a problem you almost certainly do
>>
>>7286364
An alcoholic literally saved from the verge of death by a bottle shop owner.
That's almost poetic.

>>7286524
Yeah, it can be fast.
Booze is shit for anxiety. The thing is, withdrawals gives anxiety for about a month. There are nice pills for anxiety, that don't fuck your body and your life...
The first week is usually when you really feel like shit. If you don't have shakes or visions/nightmares, you may skip benzos.
See a doctor. Be honest with him.
Tell your friends you're doing Ramadam or that you got pregnant and you need their support.

You got mine, Anon.
>>
how long should i wait before eating when i wake up hungover on whiskey?
i try to eat something and i get a huge fucking crippling headache and i puke it out. i can't even drink water for a while cause that comes up too.
>>
Currently almost 24 hours sober. Had my gf pour out my gin.

Last week after a bender I started having abdominal pains, and they've only gotten worse, particularly after drinking. Coupled with everything else, it's (hopefully) an ulcer.

Good excuse to stop, I guess.
>>
>>7288145
take a few shots to catch a buzz first

jk this is horrible advice
>>
>>7286364

I hope that you will have a nice life in the future, buddy.
>>
>>7286388
>>7286364

Thank you two for this. Second night sober. This helps
>>
File: 1404089150_vkusnyashki-1.jpg (206KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1404089150_vkusnyashki-1.jpg
206KB, 800x600px
Sup.
From Russia with love.
>>
I didn't drink all week, then Friday I had like four 22 oz beers.

Saturday I had a bottle of white wine, and Sunday I had another bottle of wine.

Is that a lot?
>>
I drank a 6 pack last week, like Thursday maybe.

Then last night i had around 7 beers at home and a pitcher of beer at my local bar.

I puked all morning and am currently layimg on couch still feeling hungover af. Probably gonna just keep it to a couple beers with dinner few times a week, these hangovers are just getting worse and worse for me.
>>
>>7288373
Age? I'm 30. I can't bounce back like I used to. It sucks. I smoke and look about 35.
>>
>>7288336
why would a Russian drink absolut?
wtf is that on your cutting board, it looks like coconut roll?
wth is the yellow stuff

is that a wet pile of pie pastry in the corner?
>>
>>7288381
>>
>>7288389
Russians buy cheap vodka too. Moreso than we do in the West.
>>
>>7288389
Not him but I guess those yellow things are called taters.
The left corner I wanna guess is some dumplings of sorts.
On the cutting board, meat with thick layer of fat?
>>
It must suck to have such weak character.
>>
>>7288389
>why would a Russian drink absolut?
Not always. Absolut just a good and inexpensive. I personally prefer whiskey.
>wtf is that on your cutting board, it looks like coconut roll?
This is called salo. Lard. Whit garlic. A popular appetizer.
>wth is the yellow stuff
Boiled potatoes with butter.
>is that a wet pile of pie pastry in the corner?
This called manti or pelmeni. Cooked meat in pastry with condiments.
>>
liquor. in my younger years i loved rum, then i switched to north american whiskey and vodka, also tequila(hortinos is my favorite). my favorite wine so far is chenin blanc.
>>
>>7288411
You're really not that much better if you have to feed your ego by mocking people with problems.
>>
>>7288395
Of course. About 3 dollars for bottle most cheap.
>>
>>7288422
Being a drama queen on 4chan does not mean you have "problems".
>>
>>7284749
Fuck man I'm kinda in the same boat.
I use alcohol to self medicate my anxiety problems. I have to get at least buzzed to be able to go to any sort of social function. Really probably should go to a doctor and get a xanax prescription or something but I can't afford that shit right now.
Fuck anxiety sucks.
>>
>>7288150
It's pancreatitis, my friend. An ulcer would be a cakewalk compared to that. (and I should know, I've had both a bad ulcer AND alcoholic pancreatitis). If you've been drinking gin, on a bender, I guarantee it's your pancreas. I'm glad you stopped and had your gf pour it out. You need to get sober and stay sober, or you're going to wind up in the hospital like I did. And believe me, it's not fun, and it's extremely dangerous. A really bad case of pancreatitis can kill you (it sends your body into shock).
Anyway, I've been sober for nearly a year now. Once you make it past the 2-3 month mark, it gets way easier. It's not that temptation is never there, but it gets a lot easier to say nope, not going to go there. Every once in awhile I have my moments where I really want a drink, usually when something is really stressing me out, but if I distract myself with exercise, or video games, or working on a project of some kind, it passes fairly quickly. Last week, I actually got so stressed out that I went and bought a six pack of beer, and just put it in my pantry for about six hours "in case". At the end of the day, I took it and gave it to my neighbor. That's the first time that's happened in 11 1/2 months. You get stronger over time, and your willpower will keep growing.
>>
>>7288389
why would an Australian buy Australian wine?
Because it's cheap as fuck, that's why. The damned ill care about quality over quantity.
>>
File: 1325403671841.jpg (37KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1325403671841.jpg
37KB, 600x500px
>>7288454
>>
>>7286198
Why do people like gin so much? Is the taste of juniper berries addictive in its own right or something?
>>
>>7288500
Easy hang for example.
>>
>>7288500
Some people like whisky so much. It's just that people get addicted to alcohol, and different people have different preferences in taste.
>>
File: gortons-fisherman.gif (84KB, 541x264px) Image search: [Google]
gortons-fisherman.gif
84KB, 541x264px
the worst thing about the hangover, i feel, is the jumpiness i get in my muscles. either i'm curling into myself and looking like a pathetic sort of wretch in my body language, or i have this wolf-life jumpiness and fiendish feeling. it's like my body is controlling my emotions as my muscles bounce around from relaxation and sickness into activity and urgency. it's monstrous. it scares people.

anyways, i'm trying to find my way back to who i was when i was 14, 15 years old, when things were still exciting. now that i'm old enough to do the things i always wanted to do, i need to honor that young little guy i used to be, when i was happier, not so heartbroken, jaded, cynical, and over life. just forget the alcohol aspect of it, because it becomes such an excuse to try to become someone new. no, i just want to remind myself of who i was before.

it's good to return to the person you once were and sometimes not such a good idea to try to keep transforming into someone new, or someone who constantly has to remind him/herself of their mistakes and past. remember, we were once people who had hope and passion and innocence. that person is still inside.
>>
>>7288451
>It's pancreatitis, my friend. An ulcer would be a cakewalk compared to that. (and I should know, I've had both a bad ulcer AND alcoholic pancreatitis). If you've been drinking gin, on a bender, I guarantee it's your pancreas
Get a load of this do/ck/tor. Seriously, this is like someone saying they pulled a muscle and someone else saying "It's cancer! I bet it's cancer! I should know because I've had cancer and pulled that exact muscle before I was diagnosed!"

Go to a real physician to get checked out if the pain lasts.
>>
I tried 115 different beers plus 16 different cocktails/meads/spirits in 6 days
if that's not al/ck/ohol worthy idk what is
>>
>>7288691
i know what you mean about that feeling. i hate when all my muscles feel tense as fuck, as though they need to twitch urgently but aren't quite there yet. i'm pretty sure it's a symptom of withdrawal and not a hangover. bear in mind that if you have suffered significant withdrawals before, you can suffer them again from a single drinking session. i drink heavily only a couple of times a month now, but i suffer withdrawals and need to taper off every time. this wouldn't happen had i never been a daily drinker.
>>
>>7288752
it's electrolyte imbalance. your nervous system is failing. eat a banana because it has potassium and magnesium.
>>
>>7288737
Sure, ignore the problem and don't listen to people who've been there.
Alcoholic denial right there, ladies and gentlemen......
>>
>>7286364
your dads wife kicked out the dog and he moved in with you? Why would you give your dog alcohol? Why would you fight him? Hes a clueless animal
>>
>>7288763
So, according to you, abdominal pain + drinking gin = pancreatitis.

You have only one symptom here, and abdominal pain can be caused by a whole lot of things. Also, saying that drinking gin specifically is somehow a predictor of pancreatitis is insane. You might have experienced pancreatitis and your preferred drink might have been gin, but that still only means there was a correlation in your case. It doesn't mean gin invariably causes pancreatitis in every person who drinks it.

If the abdominal pain doesn't go away, go to a doctor. But don't let one anon who is somehow sure it's pancreatitis fuck with your mind before you get a professional's opinion. Good luck.
>>
>>7288811
i guess he doesn't know how else to cope with the dog-eat-dog world.
>>
I'd been binging but mostly keeping it together for a while there but I'm right back into it now. Caning bottles of vodka to function, all the usual 'a bloo bloo bloo poor me' stuff. I've dried out before, I'll do it again I guess. Really quite worried about my health now but the music's good
>>
>>7288762
i don't have bananas atm and the only shop near me is a gas station. would sports drinks help? i drink lots of water, but i heard these are better.
>>
>>7288827
Go for some coconut water my man. Try to find the non-sweetened stuff.
>>
i suppose alcohol can erode teeth? my teeth feel so sore and brittle im afraid to eat anything hard in fear that my teeth will break. im also pretty sure my jaw bone is infected. fuck
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-01-19-16h19m49s923.png (756KB, 1264x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-01-19-16h19m49s923.png
756KB, 1264x720px
I drink wine and beer daily.. more at weekends or when someone is visiting.
It is pretty fun.. atm for least
>>
>>7289024
are you gonna cook that chicken?
>>
File: spice.gif (460KB, 255x192px) Image search: [Google]
spice.gif
460KB, 255x192px
>>7285620
I've begun focusing more on hobbies as it fills the time. Part of my drinking was not only to escape the crappy life that I knew was my fault but to cope with the boredom of an empty day.

I've begun cooking as I actually eat now, begun learning German as fuck it why not and finally begun walking. Just going for long walks to clear my head and rebuild some muscle that has fallen off me

>>7285789
Thanks man. Except for my new found sobriety it was every evening without fail. It's a big task but if you can get through a week and the shakes the following isn't as hard and so on. Then when you hit a month it's such a relief to know that you can do it. I afford myself one beer or cider on the weekends as both a reward and a test. I stopped myself buying more even though the cashier said they're 3 for £5

I think if I'm able to keep this going then there is hope for us all
>>
>>7289025

its from a movie " Good bye Lenin" pretty decent movie.

but tonight I will cook something sure
>>
>>7289027
good on you m8. ive always wanted to learn german. take it easy
>>
>>7289030
ill check the movie out. what sort of wine do you drink?
>>
i've pretty much successfully tapered down. i used to drink 750ml of cheap canadian whisky every day, now i'm drinking 6-8 bottles of beer a day. i can skip a few days and feel pretty normal, too. based me
>>
>>7289037
thats the way to do it. dont rush it though.

have 8 throughout the day. after three days have 7 a day after 3 days have 5 after 3 days have 3 ect ect

its the best way of doing it
>>
>>7289043
well i don't want to quit, i just wanted to not drink as much. i love drinking.
>>
>>7289044
me too
>>
>>7288691
>>7288752
My hangovers always make my hips feel uncomfortable, i feel like i spend half the day trying to stretch a soreness from my hips amd legs. It sucks
>>
come on you fucking sad sacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlsXfpxbV60

TERRION
E
R
R
I
O
N
>>
>>7288984
Teeth, indirectly yeah.
The gums, then the periodontium too. And that can make your teeth feel sensible.

See a dentist.
>>
>>7284482
I didn't drink for a week after new years eve, but I think I caught up with myself last week when I drank more or less non stop.
>>
>>7285734
This. You can do this
>>
>>7284482
>a handle of skol vodka lasts me two nights.
>i typically stop during work for minis.
>when i drink any booze now i get a horrible pain in my gut/chest
>"you should stop drinking so much" - my wife
>hide handles in garage, keeping a semi full one on fridge to seem like i'm not drinking as much
>taking a break today, no minis. i had to drive by the store too... it was hard...

i don't think i can stop.
>>
>>7288435
>I have to get at least buzzed to be able to go to any sort of social function

I feel like I can't even go to the corner store sometimes without a drink beforehand. Anything that requires leaving my house for more than an hour, I usually bring a flask. Typing that out depresses me.
>>
>>7288451
>>7288737
>>7288818

Thanks for all of your concerns regarding my situation. I guess I'm, like, 33 hours sober. I have a doctor's appt scheduled for something else in about ten days, and I'll talk to him about it then.

Does anyone have success with AA? I was thinking about going to a meeting today. Just, you know, to have something to do and maybe get advice from other recovering alcoholics. I know they're cult-like and all, but that doesn't mean they can't help.
>>
>>7288818

Also, I have more than one symptom, I just didn't mention them all in my post. Lots of belching and bloating, acid reflux... yeah. It's alot worse at night, bad enough I sometimes can't sleep.
>>
I've kicked it. I know I've kicked it. Fuck alcohol. today marks the day I've been sober for 1 year.

1 full fucking year. Not a bottle. Not a glass. Not a shot. Not a single fucking drop for 365 days. I have a job for the first time in forever. It's not glamorous but it's steady work. I don't hate just for waking up any more. I don't feel the need to run to a bottle whenever life gets heavy. I feel like I can solve issues without the need of a bottle.

I think I'm clear.
>>
>>7289485
>>7289499
Nothing wrong with trying AA, see if it works for you. I personally wouldn't wait another ten days if your symptoms (seemingly) bother you so much, but only you can judge that really. Maybe you'll feel better after a few more days sober. Hope you feel better soon.
>>7289519
Congratulations!
>>
Have any of you guys been able to go from alcoholics to someone who is able to just have one or two beers at dinner and call it quits? I'm going totally sober for a while to get over my problems, but don't want to live the rest of my life having to explain to everyone why I won't have a beer. I enjoy just having one casually with friends/family, but then usually end up drinking alone when I get home. I'd like to just be able to stop at one or two eventually
>>
>>>7284482 (OP)

The last time I slowed down was a week or so ago. I told myself I'd take a break from drinking for a while, made it about 36 hours sober before I compulsively had a drink and then many more after it. It's becoming a pretty bad problem and I don't really know what to do about it.
>>
>>7284482

Skipped all my classes today. About to drive to the grocery store, return my empties, and then get either a bunch of beer or like a liter of cheap-ass whiskey. Alcoholism is not glamorous, but when I'm drunk is the only time I feel like a real human being.
>>
>>7289605
Oh, I know a lot of people who tried that. Then they stopped for good after failing miserably.
OK, some rare people can. Maybe they have a willpower stronger than most of us. Maybe they weren't addicted and just brag/troll.

I know alcohol ends up being stronger. Every time.
But I try again, and tomorrow will be the first sober week of my new life. Or maybe I'll die, meh.
>>
File: Bukowski-VW-.jpg (31KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
Bukowski-VW-.jpg
31KB, 440x330px
>>7284504
>this guy
>>
>>7285651
Keep it up, bro; as long as you're functional and somewhat healthy. Don't let your daughter and mum down!
>>
I'm going to try. It took a whole bottle of spiced rum to get me comfortably drunk, and I'm real tired of that.
>>
48 hours in, just feeling /comfy/. Sucks that it takes this to get some peace but it's better than none at all. Might watch a movie.
>>
i drink a whole lot of beer. stopped drinking on january first for a diet
no problems
>>
>>7289725
ive been watching grizzly adams lately. thats some comfy shit right there
>>
Between infertility and an IBS diagnosis while taking chantix I can't get drunk. My guts hurt and the dreams... Yeah fuck that
>>
>>7289753
why can't you drink on chantix m8?
>>
Never tried vodka, and i'm looking for something to mix with it. I here that orange juice is good, but i'm not really a fan of OJ, any suggestions?
>>
>>7289990
red wine
>>
>>7289990
Apple juice.

Try putting a bottle in the freezer, drink pure.
>>
>>7289990
It goes well with pretty much any drink that you enjoy on it's own. Strong juices like cranberry cover the taste well, and so do carbonated drinks.
>>
>>7284550
o shit I'm drinking kraken tonight B^)
>>
>>7285601
Yes, cook/druggie, I'm sure you're oh so intelligent. You're probably the next Einstein.
>>
>>7288145
about 6 hours or so. Then eat some salty fish (herring) and pickles. An age old, proven recipe.
>>
>>7288145
Broth is your friend. Sip slowly.

Go to a pho place and skip the noodles and meat, just go for the liquid.

A cheaper, slightly less tasty solution: hot water and ramen powder, noodles optional.

Other options: pedialyte, emergen-c powder, pickles, pickle brine, lots of water
>>
>>7288145

If you drink water, drink warm water as opposed to cold when you're hungover. In my experience, cold water can upset your stomach and make you puke,
whereas warm water is a little kinder to your body.
>>
>>7284482
I'm trying to take a break right now. For a year I think I've been drinking like every third day. I don't like it, it makes me worried.
>>
>>7288338
Not for me, (or most of us in the thread) but it could be a lot for someone who doesn't drink often.

Did you feel drunk at all? Did you feel hungover at all?
>>
>>7284482

Any body here at the point of making themselves throw up to avoid a hangover? That's one thing that always makes me feel like a legitimate alcoholic.
>>
>>7288338
It's always a lot if it is constantly. If you get reall drunk a couple times a year, eh it's fine.
If you get drunk every other day, you are an alocoholic. The amount doesn't matter as much as the regularity.

Both of my parents are alcoholics. Guess what I became..
>>
>>7290479
a farmer
>>
Is there any good subsitute for alcohol? I've heard someone mention sugar.
>>
>>7290469
>drink warm water
how about adding some soup powder to your warm water to make, you know, soup?
>>
>>7290513

Blasphemy. Absolute blasphemy.
>>
>>7290476
>throw up to avoid a hangover
that´s not how it works
>>
>>7290517

I should have been more clear. I meant intentionally making yourself throw up to avoid a more severe hangover. That is to say, waking up in the morning hung over, hunching down over the toilet bowl and poking at your uvula with your middle finger to trigger your gag reflex and then violently vomiting into said toilet bowl to drain your stomach contents from the evening prior.
>>
>>7290489
>substitute for alcohol
>sugar
wtf man? sometimes kratom gets mentioned, it´s a little expensive and not a substitute, but it keeps me from drinking on weekdays. i still hit it hard every friday and saturday night but istopped drinking on these hungover sundays so i´m not totally fucked at work on mondays anymore
>>
>>7290527

Sweet, sweet alcoholism.
>>
split with wife and kid 6 mos ago.

drinking daily, using opiates to not drink. when i can afford opiates im off the shit but the days in between im so drunk i cant function.

budgeting myself weekly so I can stay off the sauce and on the methadone so I can function and maybe convince my wife to take me back (we have been talking recently).

she is the only way ill get clean
>>
>>7288411
Do you tell people in wheelchairs

>It must suck to have such a weak body

as well?
>>
>>7288454
>The damned ill care about quality over quantity.
This so much.
I'm German and I only drink cheap ass shitty beer because taste don't matter after the second beer anyway. Fuck I even drink warm beer if I have to. Not proud of it but eh.
>>
it's like there is a metal claw in my guts and it is being twisted around a couple times a minute, probably on my way out

the last loaf of bread I made wasn't that great and I feel shitty about it
>>
>>7290555
I do say it to fatties riding motorized carts, which is a more apt comparison.
>>
>>7289605
There are a lot of things you could say.

>muh gains/on a diet
>used to drink quite a bit, got tired of it
>doesn't agree with my stomach
>gives me a headache
>had too much years ago, don't like the taste now
>new years resolution/health regimen
>>
File: 1425325868791.jpg (10KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
1425325868791.jpg
10KB, 243x207px
>>7289044
>i love drinking.
don't we all?
>>
>>7290541

>she is the only way ill get clean

Don't believe that, man. She might be one way, but there are others. If you want to get sober, it's up to you, not her.

She has only the power over you which you allow her to have.
>>
>>7289605
That's simply not possible if you are an alcoholic. You are either sober or you aren't.

I used to be sober for almost five years and I always either sai I had to drive or that I had stomach problems (No one asks after that).

Now I drink two beers with friends and seem like a normal guy. Then after I go to the cornerstore and buy a sixer for myself..
>>
>tfw drinking Tesco Cider and got a Phall on the way
>>
>>7289990
Vodka is literally alcoholic water. It goes with anything becaue it tastes like nothing.
>>
>>7290489
Not to be too 420WEEDLMAO but marihuana can help.
>>
>>7290620
>>7289605

thats why i dont drink 1 or 2 beers cuz i know as soon as i go home im gona get rekt

so i try and hold out for atleast 1 or 2 days before i drink again doing whatever i need to do inbeetween to keep social

sometimes its easy, and some times well..

the worst this is when im like way to drunk to stop drinking before i pass out and this stupid idea creeps over me how i should stop and i just go to sleep feeling all good and the next day i just keep drinking..
>>
>>7290655
this is so true
many people say "don't drink every day or you'll become an alcoholic", that's not it though, I know lots of people who have a glass or two of wine with their dinner every day but that's not the problem

the real problem is not being able to stop after those 2 glasses and downing 3 bottles instead, happened to me again tonight, one beer with my dinner turned into 12 beers up till now and I know I won't be able to sleep until I have a couple more

it's truly a hate-love relationship
>>
>>7290903
Just get nicer beer. You get the craft shit, you have to portion it out to last the week. I've got a huge white board on my wall to plan out my college schedule. It's more immediate and real than a schedule on my phone. I plan out how much I can afford and how much I can drink every day. Keeps me to 3 beers a day most days and I really enjoy those three beers. Some days I won't have any at all because I put my fixed be budget into a night out with friends/family at an indie wrestling thing or band or whatever.

Much better than pounding rum and diet cokes while feeling miserable about how I do nothing with myself. I love studying at night with a beer as my reward and a beer with good music while working on my homework really relaxes me.

Also switched to a nice ecig with very tasty flavors to get off the American spirits. I use real low nicotine but vapor constantly while working on hw.

Definitely feel like a more successful and productive person while still enjoying my beer instead of a piece of shit pounding down a handle of sailor jerry every three days.
>>
>>7290973
I did this with spirits for a while. Made sure I only bought decent stuff so I would be compelled to not waste it. Eventually I started drinking it like it was cheap, anyway. Then I started stocking cheap crap to fall back on to avoid wasting the good stuff.
>>
>>7290620
And this post simply isn't true. This is an outdated way of thinking, thanks mostly to AA. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with AA, and it has helped a LOT of people. But it is not for everybody.

There are other forms of treatment besides "you're an alcoholic for life". Some people need to think that way, and it works for them. But again, it's not for everybody.
>>
I only have a couple beers and a few shots a week at the bar after working with my fellow employees.

But I bang h three times a day boo ya bitches. Fucking alcoholics on \ck\. Back to \x\
>>
>>7290992
Do you understand the brains reward pathways though? Addiction is about powerful habits. Your attitude is damaging to that of addicts.
>>
>>7291014
Neuroplasticity. New habits result in new wiring.

Not that it isn't hard work.
>>
>>7288818
You're an idiot. You are inserting things that were never said. I never once said GIN specifically and only causes pancreatitis. And, I'm WELL aware that abdominal pain can be caused by a host of things, he could have any number of problems. But I also know enough about alcoholism, ulcers, pancreatitis, GERD, anatomy and physiology, and the effects of binging on hard liquor. IF the anon were to only follow my advice, he would be stupid, since the ONLY reliable way to be diagnosed is to see a doctor. My posts were not meant to treat anyone, but to forewarn him not to assume it's an ulcer, and that it very well could be something much more dangerous. Most people aren't even aware of alcoholic pancreatitis, unless they've known someone with it, have had it themselves, or are a doctor.
You can try and argue about this, but you're just being an ass.

>>7289499
Just get to the doctor. Belching, bloating, and acid reflux are also symptoms of pancreatitis (especially bloating with the pain). I'm NOT diagnosing you (like the other anon assumes) I just want to keep people from going through the hell that is being hospitalized with pancreatitis, which if you are a hard liquor drinking alcoholic, you have a high chance of getting. Just go get checked out before something worse happens.
>>
>>7290985
You need to plan ahead and portion it out. It's easier with beer because you have to open a new bottle or can or you're just having one bomber.

Like I said, I keep a large white board (actually it's a sticky mat that clings to the wall so it won't ever fall off ) and divvy out my beer on the weekly schedule I drew on it.
>>
>>7290992
I'm with you on this. Alcoholism is a behavioral disorder (if you're into the whole DSM thing). And like most behavioral disorders, it's only a disorder if it interferes with your life.
http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/alcohol-use-disorders
Here's the list of symptoms for alcoholism/AUD. If you meet two of them within a 12-month period, congrats! You're an alcoholic. Did you meet all 11 of them five years ago but haven't met a single one of them since then? Most psychologists would be extremely hesitant to diagnose you with AUD. I have a couple of friends who used to have a real issue with drinking: getting blackout drunk at least once a week, letting it mess up work/school, etc; and now they just drink a couple beers every few weeks at parties.
>>
>>7284482
Got fired from my kitchen job on Monday night for drinking while on the clock. Been there almost 2 years, this fucks my whole life up. Drinking and filling out job apps for other restaurants, debating on suicide.
>>
>>7291014
You can be aware of the down ward slide and use self control. Getting from 230 lbs to 125 lbs took more time and effort than cutting down my daily drinking. Lifting weights and planning schedules for myself for years gave me the tools necessary to stop drinking 2.5 handles of high proof liquor a week and at least 2 six packs of high abv beer. Alcoholism runs rampant in my family and guess what? Food addiction was harder to control than alcohol addiction.

This learned helplessness that addicts accept is ridiculous. Don't the programs always say it's a choice at the end of the day? A self aware person has the power if choice.

Willpower works just like a muscle. You have to exercise it to make it stronger.
>>
>>7291071
I don't know why some restaurants make a big deal about this. You're not operating heavy machinery. As long as you're consistently keeping up with everything you need to, they should turn a blind eye.
>>
>>7291072
Also gonna toss in there that the mental health community (at least, outside of AA, which, while beneficial, I wouldn't consider mental health care), they have a focus on using "people-first" language and avoiding using labels as they're debilitating towards improving lives. So we wouldn't say, "Alcoholics need help." We would say, "People with alcohol use disorder need help." I feel like this reflects the fact that people with AUD aren't necessarily going to have that problem their entire lives.
>>
>>7291071
I'm gonna toss it out there and guess that you probably have a drinking problem and should consider getting help. Regardless, I'm sorry to hear about that. It must be awful. I hope things get better soon for you.
>>
Drinking after a week sober but been doing coke for a week straight
>>
File: 1452987820827.jpg (19KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1452987820827.jpg
19KB, 768x576px
>drank heavily as a kid to repress abusive childhood
>drinking picks up heavily at twenty when mother kills herself
>still can't stop
>when drinking always reach a point where i think about traums/mother's death

Beginning to think I got an issue.
>>
>>7291151
You had an issue when you started drinking as a kid.
>>
Have some Southern comfort. Spiced Rum is just fine through shots but there's something about Southern that makes my guts churn.

Any good mixers, even simple ones like coke or orange juice?
>>
>>7291230
A couple weeks ago, my roommate brought home some peach schnapps he got for a birthday present. He gave me a shot of it and it was so good I didn't want to just throw back the shot. I have nothing good to mix with in my dorm so I improvised and poured in about two shots of milk and a half shot of half and half. It sounds weird as shit, but I'd definitely do it again for a post-meal desert.
>>
>>7291230
For Southern Comfort, you mean?

Drambuie might work out. You're supposed to use Scotch in rusty nails, but I find any whiskey works fine. It's my default method of using up rubbish whiskey when I have no soda water. I've never tried using Southern Comfort.

There's also soda water, of course. Hydrating, no sugar, and dilutes any unpleasant flavors.
>>
>>7291249
Oh Christ, of course he meant for Southern Comfort. I'm an idiot.
>>
>>7291091
I get that. It's the learned helplessness that bothers me. You get what I'm saying?

Natural selection still takes place sadly. It's the ones suffering through their weaknesses and wallowing in addictions until they wither or grow diseased (obesity, some forms of diabetes, liver disease, you know what I'm saying) and never truly understand that they are the ones who must choose to take control.

It sounds harsh but I seen and heard too many cases. Couldn't handle being in emergency health care after a few years. Went to school planning to work in an obesity clinic but the incredible delusion of the suicidally indulgent was too much for me. Decades of unhappiness and suffering, a story told in a glance by the state of the persons decay.

I study rocks now. Geologists are all about beer and hard work. Good times.
>>
>>7291151
You've associated drinking with avoiding your emotional issues. You'll still think of them since that was the source of your avoidance in the first place. It's up to you to quit the cycle and move on with your life. Your past doesn't control you. Part experiences don't control your future. With time they're more of a concept, an idea instead of reality, unless you let them control your reality.

At least that's what I did. Also had abusive childhood. Used exercise to escape, switched to weed at 19, then to booze at 21.

Associated weed with stress and had nothing but panic while smoking. Beer helped me quit weed and I've since decided that past experiences can't dictate my future.

Get help. AA is shit. Find a very good therapist. It takes a lot of effort to get a good one but they exist. Insist on having a face to face conversation with them before scheduling an appointment.
>>
File: whyb.png (124KB, 459x336px) Image search: [Google]
whyb.png
124KB, 459x336px
Tonight's the first night in awhile I'm not either on antibiotics or have obligations, so I'm gonna tie one on hardcore.

Looking forward to having a drunk wank. I almost never fap sober anymore, the invasive thoughts pop up and ruin it every time.

What's wrong with me?
>>
A few months ago a half a pint of spirits was enough to get me comfortably drunk. Now, I need the whole pint.

Where does the rabbit hole end
>>
>>7291688
your ride has only just begun. mine ended badly at a liter of spirits a day
>>
I want to stop drinking for awhile. Been a horrible drunk as of recently. I have a lot of beer and booze stock piled, I think I should sell it and keep myself occupied with other things. Just trying to keep it together right now, but damn its been boring.
>>
>>7291037
>You're an idiot.
Let's see if that's true:
>You are inserting things that were never said. I never once said GIN specifically and only causes pancreatitis.
Not in those words, no, but you said this which directly implies it:
> If you've been drinking gin, on a bender, I guarantee it's your pancreas
But seeing as you came to your senses and essentially restated my replies to you in this post, I'll let it slide.
>You can try and argue about this, but you're just being an ass.
You 'guaranteed' someone they have pancreatitis on the basis of their report of abdominal pain. Get real.
>>
>>7291688
To your liver. It will fall all the way to wonderland and be gone forever. Srsly though get help before its too late
>>
>>7291573
i did it i got off and it wasnt bad

i love this state of not quite smashed but happy floaty i love you //ck even the sssholes ,3 ok?\

this probably isn;t healthy i should see my therapist again becaus
>>
So I can say that i have some experience with constant boozing for a couple of years now. I have always liked booze because I get in touch with my feelings that I need to hide every day from the crowd around me. Interesting is that I never feel sick after drinking, I only have real craving for any kind of food and sour milk.

The reason why I can not stop boozing is the day after. Then I realize what I am doing to me and people that I love, so I drink to forget. It is a part of my life now and it does not interfere with work or any social life that I might have. I feel fine
>>
>>7288984
calcium deficiency is pretty common amongst alcoholics

switch to white russians!
>>
Drank an extra beer or three last night cause my neck was hurting. Woke up this morning to my gf bitching me out for pissing in the corner.
>>
kill all alcoholics
>>
>>7292449
We're on it, don't worry.

>>7292444
You pissed in the corner? Of the bedroom?
>>
nothing wrong with having a few drinks imo
>>
>>7290527
>Doesn't make himself puke at the end of the night so he won't have to in the morning
Come on.
>>
>>7290527
>>7292585

>Not timing your drinks to elongate your buzz and to come down right before you go to bed

Step up senpai
>>
>>7292558
frig off lahey
>>
I quit nearly a year ago. I was afraid that not much would change, and it hasn't.

Alcohol wasn't helping, but I guess it wasn't the problem. The problem is me, and there isn't much to be done about that. I've tried.

The few things that I can say without a doubt have been improvements haven't mattered. Ive lost weight, I get good sleep, my anxiety has for the most part disappeared, but it's all still the same, and it's all still the same because the things that are important are things I've either never had or fucked up. I'm still an awkward friendless loser except now I don't drink.
>>
>>7292593
>He can sleep after sobering up
Dude.
>>
>>7284499
>Tfw kinda enjoy the anxiety of the hangover
I guess I'm one those weird people that deal addiction in a better way than others. I have a competitive streak so when the anxiety comes i enjoy the challenge of beating it
>>
>>7286138
A lot of people say "how do i stop drinking 'alcohol of choice'" the answer is you just have to not drink it. It's hard as fuck I know but it's only objective answer. Most people never actually stop because they want to, all that happens is they ruin their life hard enough that they'd prefer to enjoy life than drink. That's the shitty reality of it. Gotta hit rock bottom
>>
>>7292462
Yep, guess I was somewhere between plastered and sleep walking. First time I've had this problem
>>
File: 1453350900435.jpg (149KB, 640x765px) Image search: [Google]
1453350900435.jpg
149KB, 640x765px
>>7284482
used to drink a vodka handle after two/three days

now its more like 5

I feel a lot better surprisingly, little to no anxiety so far

baby steps
>>
>>7291014
Your attitude isn't exactly helping either. You refuse to admit that there is more than one way of treating and addiction, and the more research that comes put in modern medicine, the more it is understood
>>
>>7292671
slow and steady wins the race
>>
>>7292613
man i know exactly what you mean. i take breaks sometimes and the anxiety is nuts for like the first week. then it starts to disappear and i kinda miss it in a way, hard to explain. then i start drinking again.
>>
I'm the anon that was waiting for the 10am shop - I have no one because of drink,but I made these choices, I made my bed I need to lie in it.

Don't fuck everyone for booze, I know it seems the easiest way now, I've fucked everyone over ever that's loved me because I drink - So I drink because I drank.

Retard level thinking but I'll not stop.
>>
File: cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg (130KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg
130KB, 960x1280px
Has anyone here tried this? Thoughts?
>>
>>7292933
Memerum. It's alright.
>>
I try to limit the drinking to after 4 pm and to 2 handles a week.
Pancreas is shot
Liver is fatty
Hip bones are dying
But damn it's hard to quit
>>
File: 1452777097760.jpg (7KB, 208x193px) Image search: [Google]
1452777097760.jpg
7KB, 208x193px
I've never been good with shots, but I just discovered that I chase rye with coffee, it's the smoothest tastiest shot. I can REALLY drink now.
>>
These threads make me wonder how many people I see IRL are bad alcoholics like you guys. Is /ck/ just a magnet for crippled drunks or are there a ton of us floating around unnoticed in the real world? There are so many here, but other than myself I don't know anyone with a big problem.
>>
>>7291151
Friend of mine has pic related as a tattoo.

Who knows maybe you're him. I know nothing of his childhood.
>>
>>7292558
>>7292594
Kek
>>
>>7292661
My father used to do this a lot when drunk. He'd get confused looking for the toilet and end up pissing on one of the doors.
>>
>>7293958

Who knows? It's don't ask, don't tell kinda thing in real life. People struggle - I thought getting money was the answer, I just buy better drink and drugs, I think some people are prepositioned to like drink and drugs because we need instant pleasure. Fuck life and tomorrow, and that's why I cook Hierarchy,1- Fucking 2 - Cooking - 3 Drinking
>>
>>7293958
Functional alcoholics only have personal problems regarding their health and psyche. You wouldn't know one unless they told you or you see how much and often they drink.

Non functional alcoholics make their problems a part of everyone else's lives. Everyone knows some asshat like that.
>>
Wine and spirits.

Beer tastes too bitter for me.
>>
>>7291688
Tolerance wise, 6 months or so of drinking pint a day will start to feel like 2 shots does now. You get home from work, have about 3 or 4 swigs in an hour and the pint is gone. You don't feel drunk, and goddamn, who cuts off their drinking at 6:30pm? Since you start to feel like a weirdo going to the liquor store every day, you buy 3 or 4 points at a time and start doing into the 2nd one.

Took me a few months to build up a tolerance to the second pint, but I did. It was different though. At the end of the night I'd feel the same level of drunk, but I would be clumsy as fuck. Slurred speech, occasionally fall down, very annoying forgetfulness to the point it was noticable (a guy I worked with everyday announced he was getting divorced, 2 weeks later I had no idea... Hard to explain that sort of shit, lot different than losing your car keys).

Lot of health problems started up soon after. All the while I still went about feeling like normal people do after 3 beers, but from neurological, gastrointestinal, and hepatic standpoint, my body acted as if I was consuming a near-lethal dose of poison each and every day.

My advice: don't let you tolerance and sense of feel good determine what is unsafe. 2 pints of booze is still a fifth and that's a lot.
>>
>>7284482
>When is the last time you slowed down?
when i crashed and flipped my car. i stopped for a day or two, but got back on it, lighter than usual. im back to a daily routine to help me sleep, lesser dosage. i just want to feel comfortable again.
>>
File: 119.png (102KB, 300x305px) Image search: [Google]
119.png
102KB, 300x305px
>>7294573
and this was right before christmas. i felt like a ruined it for the family. really feeling down since then
>>
3 days ago since I binged on a liter of vodka, 6.5L of red wine and a case of beer for 5 days. Literally drank myself broke and had to ask my parents for money. Barely napped a few hours last night for the first time in 2 days and am sensitive to light. I'm going to try to quit, I start my first job Monday since I lost the last one to alcohol.
>>
File: I'mdone.jpg (7KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
I'mdone.jpg
7KB, 450x300px
>>7292599
Same here bro.
Stopped drinking, because my health and general well being was starting to be affected.
>lost weight
>anxiety nearly gone, only when there's something that really stresses me out
>sleep very well
>eat much healthier
>walk at least 5 miles a day
>physically more attractive because my hair and skin and look better as well
>still friendless, socially isolated, non-achieving loser.
>mfw
>>
>>7294573

I don't understand crashing a car, I'm nearly 1l of vodka in and I could drive perfectly, I have done many times I see US DWI - Don't drive like a dick?
>>
>>7294670
im not gonna explain it. its not being drunk that got me to crash it, it was being to relaxed and trying to do other shit while driving. and 1l of vodka is pretty average in my opinion for an alcoholic
>>
>>7294670
>1l of vodka in and I could drive perfectly
no, you literally can't, and this is what most alcoholics think right before they kill someone
>>
>>7294695

You were getting head?

1 of 2l and I'm a function alky - I drink for my reasons, not the bevvy I hate hate it I hope it just kills me one day, we will get there one day
>>
>>7294712

Drinking / being normal ....... drunk

I Need to drink or I will die, Or take lots and lots of valium to feel normal. So I drink every I don't get drunk I drink to live
>>
>>7294712

I'm fucked up.. Blastin "Andre 3000" I'm poor, dont own a home, have no one in life - shit still going to go to work in a 2 star, do what you love
>>
>>7290473

Yeah, I was lit. Not really hungover. Maybe a little groggy on Saturday morning, but that's about it.

I can go weeks or months without drinking and then I'll have a few days like that. I enjoy getting drunk desu. I could see how it would go south really quickly, but luckily I can always pull back and go back to exercising/running etc.

I read somewhere if you stop drinking for a month your body pretty much completely recovers.
>>
>>7294573
I actually drive better tipsy than I do sober. I have a narrow driveway which I have trouble backing out of, and have scraped the fence quite a few times, but when tipsy I can get out with not trouble whatsoever. Once I'm fully drunk it starts to get pretty bad, though.
>>
Last time I quit drinking for a day I got depressed to the point I couldn't function at work. Won't happen again.
>>
>>7294652
>drinking too damn much
>start to get your shit together
>realize your accomplishments are about as intangible as sitting in a cave drinking
>come back to the neurotangibilities of downing booze

And thus, the cycle is formed.
>>
>>7295077
Alcohol is a performance enhancing drug in official shooting competitions.

My anecdotal evidence is gaming. After a few beers I slay it, but once you cross that threshold it turns to shit.
>>
>>7295077
Actually believing this is the first step to DUI. You have to be proportionately more careful to your drunk.
>>
Is regularly drinking minimal amounts of alcohol throughout the day a good sign of oncoming alcoholism? I can't remember a day I've been 100% sober throughout the kitchen shift.
>>
>>7295220
Most definitely, doesn't give your brain the hours it needs to achieve homeostasis.

May be better, in the relative sense, to abstain during work and then binge after.

Of course, with drinking like that instead of binging, it is easier to ween yourself off and become a moderate drinker. With binge drinking, the further you get, your only options are drinking and absence.
>>
>>7295220
Day drinking was the start of my alcoholism because it made my drinking habitual.
>>
>>7295220
I agree with these two
>>7295236
>>7295241
When I would just get drunk at night, I would be fine the next morning, if maybe a bit hungover. But once I started drinking during the day, even just a bit to maintain a slight buzz throughout the day, that's when I started becoming physically addicted and would get withdrawals if I stopped. Keep it to nights if possible
>>
>>7295241
I was a highly functioning alcoholic for years before I started day drinking, my rule used to be never to drink before sundown. Day drinking didn't immediately fuck me up but yea, things definitely got worse relatively quickly. Within a year I was some level of not completely sober 24/7 and would start my day with a shot, at the end I started with two. Sometimes I'd wake up in the middle of the night and take shots and forget about it so that one shot in the morning would really fuck me up.
>>
>>7295251
This. When I was only night drinking I was mentally addicted for sure but it wasn't physical. If I had to visit family or go on a trip I wouldn't have withdrawals, I'd maybe have a little trouble going to sleep and would have liked a drink. I didn't get physically dependent until I started day drinking. It just isn't worth it at all, that whole year was a living hell. You don't really enjoy drinking at that point because your so used to being buzzed you can't tell a difference until you stop drinking for a few hours, and the withdrawals are hellish.
>>
>>7292737
fucking kek
>>
Who /exclusivelydrinkingwine/ here?
>>
I only really started drinking heavily at the end of september 2015 but I haven't been sober for a single day since then.
I fucked up my sleeping schedule by going to sleep at 7-8 am and waking up at 4-5pm.
Also I'm just too scared to go outside or talk to people unless its for buying more booze.
I drink about 700ml of vodka/gin/rum a day or ~20 cans of cider if I dont have any liquor.
I want to quit someday but its just too difficult, also I haven't been to uni since mid october. ;_;
>>
Jesus christ, drinking vodka after the days done but I'm well past the point where it helps me sleep. Alcohol is no longer a depressant in that sense and it's shit, I hate it. How do you ween off bros, how do you stop this fucking cycle of shit and insanity

I can't find my answer as to why. No amount of psychedelics or meditations have revealed anything to me. Why do we kill ourselves in this way, this absolutely shitty way
>>
>>7284675
No ethanol is not inert. It can react with acids to form esters. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ester#Preparation)

Ester reactions are not very quick so age does make a difference. Sure you can accelerate it with heating but the sidereactions in a complex mixture just doesnt work out.
>>
Tried a month brake lasted a week now back to a 6 pack and a bottle of wine every second day , good times
>>
>>7296545
>a 6 pack and a bottle of wine every second day
H A R D C O R E
A
R
D
C
O
R
E
>>
>mfw I went to stock up for the night and the guy at the shop asked me really sarcastically "having a party or something?"

I thought that only happened in movies, cheeky cunt
>>
>>7296802
Should have invited him over.
>>
>>7296816

>sharing

moderate kek
>>
>>7295600
>I want to quit someday but its just too difficult

Trust me dude, it's worth it. The first 2 or 3 days suck, and you'll feel like shit and probably won't sleep much, but after that it feels so good. It's amazing waking up and not feeling hung over or foggy
>>
>>7296123
>how do you ween off

how much are you drinking per day? You just have to taper slowly. For example, if you drink 20 shots or beers per day, the next day only have 18, the next day 16, etc until you're off
>>
>>7284504
Pull your shit together anon. Alcohol is great but it should enhance the rest of your life, not be the focal point.
>>
>>7296858
I'm going through 1.75 liters every week. I understand how to ween off, I just wish I knew why I'm choosing alcohol as my vice
>>
>>7296980
>1.75 liters every week
You don't have an alcohol problem, m9
>>
>>7296980

honestly not trying to 'compete' but I'm doing that most nights with a day too sick to get up every few days I wouldn't worry yet buddy
>>
Alcohol pizza driver here. I drink one to two pints of vodka a day. I've been sober almost 24 hours. It's hell, but I've had withdrawals far worse than the ones I'm having now, so that's a comforting thought
>>
why do I always feel more drunk after the first 2 shots than later after drinking 10 more? when I start drinking I feel pretty disoriented and come off as pretty drunk but even when I continue drinking as fast as I can no one is able to tell I drank anything some time later unless I'm completely shitfaced
>>
>>7297164
You may be the chosen one.
>>
>>7295132
>And thus, the cycle is formed.

Well, that would be true, if it wasn't for the fact that I'd already been on that cycle for so long, that I know the consequences. This time, I'm sticking with sobriety, because even as a friendless, non-achieving loser, I'm still a much better person now than I was when I was a sickly, non-functional alcoholic.
The really shitty part of this is that the few people I do talk to are the same alcoholics I talked to when I was also a shitty alcoholic, and now that gets unbearable, but I can't quit talking to them, because then I'd have no one to talk to at all.
And, I'm not in complete despair over my loser-at-life status (at least, not all the time, lol). I'm still a work in progress, hopefully things will get better in the next couple of years. I need to find hobbies and things that really interest me to work on, whereas when I was an alcoholic, the only thing I worked on was being drunk as much as possible.
>>
>>7297164

if you've been at it for a long time that's bad news. eventually you start losing the ability to process it properly, giving the illusion of low tolerance and that feeling that the first one gets you drunk
>>
File: grub.jpg (681KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
grub.jpg
681KB, 2560x1920px
Got some nibbles for a quiet night in. The one on the left, Marques de Carano 2008 vintage, is cracking.

I used to drink Polish lager, they do make the best commercial lagers, but a couple of years back I started on the red and enjoyed it.
>>
>>7297216
>if you've been at it for a long time
nah, I almost only drink on the weekends and I've been practically a teetotaler a little over a half year ago
>>
>>7297227

>tfw I love wine but it just frustrates me with how low-alcohol it is

I have to drink enough of it to be sick to even begin getting anywhere
>>
>>7297245
use it as a whiskey chaser
>>
>>7297247

that sounds horrific but I'll try anything once
>>
>buy booze
>panic as soon as it starts to go down, go out and buy more ending up broke
>eventually drink 3/4 of what you bought originally before passing out

does anyone else do this? I never learn
>>
File: bluntvodka.jpg (178KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
bluntvodka.jpg
178KB, 800x800px
Who are your favorite celebrity alcoholics?
>>
>>7284482
alright al/ck/
I just got a bottle of jameson, what should I get to mix?
>>
since I was 14 whenever i drank alone I've had vodka mixed with whatever soda i have on hand.

I have a bottle of captain morgan and a bottle of bicardi rum tonight. Trying out both spiced and white rum.

Only had a shot of each so far. Captain morgan tastes okay, bicardi tasted like a slightly sweet vodka.

Was google right about dark rum being drinkable alone and white rum being pretty much only good for mixing?
>>
File: 20160123_034331.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160123_034331.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>7297227
i myself cant stand red wine

got a bunch of wheat beer for tonight and some snacks

gonna chill and watch some [spoiler]dota 2
>>
File: cf-katniss-peeta-haymitch.jpg (109KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
cf-katniss-peeta-haymitch.jpg
109KB, 680x478px
>>7298216
Character, not celebrity. But I like Haymitch
>>
>>7298351
i just know the last time me and my mates drank pure rum we got shitfaced in like 30 minutes, then for the next bottle went a bought some coke to mix it up before we get to wrecked to stand

was pretty fun tho seeing someone get drunk in less than 10 minutes, and my friend can drink a few
>>
>>7298331
Why would you mix Jameson? If you were planning on mixing get something a lot shittier
>>
Absolved to take a break from drinking. It's been about 18 hours and I'm already drunk.

Eh, I'll try again on Monday
>>
>>7298379
Jameson is relatively shit tier. It's good, but not so good you need to break out your fedora and whiskey stones. Nothing wrong with mixing something up with it.
>>
>>7298373
feeling bretty gud. Had two more shots of captain morgan. Think I'm just going to mix the white rum with soda, might try mixing the spiced rum after that runs out. Got small bottles of both instead of 1 big bottle of vodka.
>>
>>7298379
>>7298387
also, I dont have the cash for bitters or the other shit for a old fashioned/whiskey sour
>>
>>7298442
Bitters aren't expensive. And they last a long time.
>>
Should I get more beer or not? I've got a mild buzz going on but I don't think drinking more would necessarily make me feel better. I'm more bored than anything.
>>
>>7298458
yes
>>
>>7298468
OK, what should I get?
I was thinking Pilsner Urquell because a 4-pack of tallboys is $5 and it would look nice in my beer boot
Or should I get a high gravity beer?
>>
>>7297012
>>7297027

Thanks, that's reasssuring. I like to think I've slowed down a little, considering my rommates have told me my alcohol use is abundant and my doctor pointing out my elevated ALT enzymes from the liver.

The only withdrawals I've gotten are irritability and a disruption to my usual sleeping patterns. Hopefully they stay that way, cheers
>>
I put Fireball in my hot chocolate can I post here?
>>
File: 1440875368373.webm (2MB, 732x480px) Image search: [Google]
1440875368373.webm
2MB, 732x480px
>>7298216
>Who are your favorite celebrity alcoholics?
>>
File: cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg (99KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg
99KB, 960x1280px
I slowed down when I was out of work, now that i'm employed again nothing is going to come between me and my pretty ladies.
>>
so I know this isn't a music thread but some of you lads might enjoy this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=774GvRN2yKk

good drunk music
>>
Need some quick advice. Tapering atm, had two cans of 5% yesterday. Can I go sober today or should I have one?
>>
>>7299473
Should point out I meant 500ml cans.
>>
>>7299473
It depends on your history past that. You'll be ok though, you'll feel bloated more than anything.
>>
>>7289519
Good for you man, there are many of us out there trying to get to your level. Congrats to being strong
>>
File: 1440822463127.jpg (33KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1440822463127.jpg
33KB, 500x284px
>>7299107

great band buddy.
>>
File: 1423401708274.png (8KB, 475x405px) Image search: [Google]
1423401708274.png
8KB, 475x405px
Quit a few years back, now I have a beer at night sometimes.

I never got out of control drunk but drank enough to get fat, hoping I don't get into the habit too bad again.
>>
>>7297338
Yes, all the time. I always have 6-pack remnants in the fridge and think I will run out, so I grab one or two more. Then either don't get through the remnants, or find a forgotten 6 pack in the back of the fridge. There's probably 17 cans in the fridge right now, and 7 bottles of craft beer. Some of the craft was bought well over a year ago.

I feel weird if I don't visit the liqour store once a day, whether or not it's needed. Also feel weird that the liqour people see me every day. They know.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.