[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /ck/ beans or ground?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: coffee_beans_PNG9285.png (332KB, 761x326px) Image search: [Google]
coffee_beans_PNG9285.png
332KB, 761x326px
Alright /ck/ beans or ground?
>>
You're supposed to grind them right before you brew them.
>>
Whole beans, this isn't even a real choice.
>>
Alright /ck/ a gourmet dinner or aunt myrna's party cheese salad?
>>
>>7283363
>beans or ground
Ground beans, you stupid asshole.
>>
W H O L E B E A N
H
O
L
E
B
E
A
N
>>
bf bought some cheap grind in a pinch when nothing was open

ohmygod the coffee was gross.. it looked and tasted like dirt

i'll try it again in the moka pot but mannnn.. even bailey's couldn't make that shit good
>>
>>7283634
R u a grill?
>>
it seems like you're asking for either the blue pill or the red pill.

>blue
get the preground and your coffee will taste delicious because i say it will and that's the power of suggestion combined with placebo and ignorant bliss (marketing 101)

>red
beans and burr grind for genuinely delicious coffee and then lurk the coffee threads while silently laughing at the plebs who use preground and unironically insisting that their coffee doesn't taste like diarrhea
>>
Honestly it depends where are on the coffee snob scale.

If you're new to coffee then I'd recommend preground because as you develope your craft and eventually make the switch to grinding beans then you'll truly appreciate the difference in taste.
If you go straight to beans then you'll never really know.

Just a thought.
>>
I personally prefer just drinking kcups
>>
>>7283363
They're both good.
I really don't understand why /ck/ claims that preground is always stale, both smell great coming out of the bag.
The only time I've actually seen stale coffee was a bag of garbage grounds I bought from a dollar store.
It had no coffee aroma and smelled like dirt.
It also had the consistency of potting soil.
In fact, I was beginning to wonder if I had been sold potting soil in a bag.
I'll never know, because I threw it out almost immediately.
>>
>>7284669
>I really don't understand why /ck/ claims that preground is always stale
Because technically it is. Oxidation is constantly occurring, and fats and other susceptible molecules are being oxidized in the beans. With whole beans, this happens slow, but once ground, the surface area is increased exponentially, and thus also does its contact with oxygen. Temperature and light is also a factor, with beans typically stored cold in bulk, but ground more at room temperature and in light.
>>
>>7284689
Yes, chemical reactions are a given, but can you actually TASTE this happening in a bag of ground coffee that's within date and kept in a sealed bag?

Or do you just parrot what other people tell you because you have no real opinions of your own?
>>
>>7284694
I don't know about taste, as I'd have to try different grounds periodically, which I don't do. As it stands, I don't need a "real opinions", as science doesn't lie. Freshly ground beans are chemically less oxidized then preground, and neither taste nor opinion have to factor into it.
>>
File: 1424558244788.png (216KB, 506x538px) Image search: [Google]
1424558244788.png
216KB, 506x538px
>>7284709
>i have no idea, but SCIENCE PROVES YOU WRONG!!! HA!

Don't reply to my posts again.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.