[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"There's nothing inauthentic about American-Chines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

"There's nothing inauthentic about American-Chinese dishes."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/14/foodanddrink/american-chinese-food-opinion/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool&iref=obinsite

Oh my. In your face, authenticfags.
>>
>>7280675
>"There's nothing inauthentic about American-Chinese dishes."

Said nobody ever.
>>
>>7280675
What does anything by authentic?
Do you want to eat food or not? It's just whatever fast food.
>>
>>7280679
aside from the chinese people being quoted in the article written by a chinese person...in china
>>
File: 27464734.jpg (16KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
27464734.jpg
16KB, 231x244px
>>7280679
>>
they're authentic in the sense that they are totally designed and made by actual chinese people, but definitely for a western audience, anyway fags complaining about authenticity just want something to feel superior about when no one actually cares or thinks the panda express they are having is actual food you'd find in china, just good shit.
>>
>>7280686
Chinese people do not compartamenize things things "authentic" or "inauthentic."

Your argument is like pop-historians trying to distinguish what's "racist" in ancient cultures by your modern metrics without context.
>>
>>7280675
American-Chinese dishes are authentic American-Chinese dishes, how hard is this to understand?
>>
>>7280701
if chinese people made it its authentically chinese

there is a difference between authentic and traditional
>>
>>7280725
...okay?

what you say is true, but it doesn't relate to the original argument.
>>
>>7280746
sure it does, the point is it's entirety authentic
>>
>>7280757
maybe your perceived implied point

my point is that chinese people don't have the same level of "hipster autism" (forgive my articulation) to even bring up this argument of authenticity
>>
>>7280762
>the argument is about authenticity
>nowhere in the OP is the word or even the concept of traditional mentioned or implied
>only authenticity is mentioned
>this fucking spergfag is now calling others autistic because they can both read words and understand them
>>
>>7280808
Must've taken you a long time (ten minutes by post time) to think of those implications, because I'm lost at the second line.
>>
Not enough dog huh?
>>
>>7280725
>be from france
>live in america
>cook up turkey braised in seasoned apple cider vinegar with ramps and sliced fennel at my french bistro

Totally authentically French cuisine because I am from France and I am cooking it.
>>
>>7280675
am I the only one that is still wondering how kebabs are in any way Asian cuisine? how is putting meat on sticks regional? And how do you put an middle eastern name on it is beyond me
>>
>>7280675
Work on your reading comprehension, idiot.
>authentic
>>
>mfw learning that General Tsao's chicken is not named for Cao Cao but some guy who lived much much later
>>
>>7281353
if you invented it, yeah it is
>>
>>7280686
Yea but still...
>>
>>7280675
read the article. some Americans who happen to have Chinese ancestry deciding that they are experts on authenticity of the food of people who live 10,000 miles away.

>orange chicken was introduced by Chinese people in the 19th century
[citation needed]

>American Chinese food was invented based on what ingredients Chinese had and didn't have, for example chop suey
Chop suey is probably the most Chinese dish of Chinese-American dishes, because it's basically noodles, meat, greens, soy sauce. Lots of food in China looks this way. Not being able to get their hands on dark soy sauce, five spice, or jujubes doesn't mean they used orange juice, lemons, and cream cheese. That doesn't make sense.

>Chinese-American food has always been by Chinese for Chinese, because in the 19th century Americans didn't want to touch foreigners' food
???
is this a real fucking argument?
white people didn't want to eat with railroad builders in the 19th century so that nullifies the existence of millions of black and white customers consistently eating take-out for the past few decades?

>American-Chinese food is Chinese food, kung pao chicken is from China
yes it is, but cream cheese rangoons and fucking pineapple treasure shrimp are not. just because you can name one authentic dish that crossed the pacific doesn't mean that most takeout restaurants are serving authentic Chinese food by Chinese for Chinese. most Chinese restaurants in areas with ethnic Chinese have a second menu that sells food that Chinese would actually eat, the rest is literally all deep-fried, wok-fried, or both, usually with way too much sugar and sauce, resembling nothing that the average Chinese person actually eats in 2016.

source: I live in fucking Taiwan eat a dick
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.