[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ONLY 2 WAYS TO MAKE FISH?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: fish n chips.jpg (30KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
fish n chips.jpg
30KB, 300x195px
What the fuck can you make out of a fish fillet that isn't just baked or fried?

Excluding outliers, like salmon or tuna, which can be made into multitudes of dishes depending on what preparation they are/

Say you have a pond with a bunch of pan fish and a few bass, if you harvested all of that and had it in your freezer, what do you make?

(all I can really think up is fish soup or fish tacos, the latter of which is just the aforementioned bake/fry in a tortilla)
>>
i could eat pan seared fish with lemon caper butter sauce the rest of my life and never get tired of it
>>
File: school za.jpg (313KB, 2272x1516px) Image search: [Google]
school za.jpg
313KB, 2272x1516px
>>7280079
Fish pie
Fish soup
Fish stew
Fish a la sous vide
Fish sushi
>>
Boil it.

Place grouper filets in a pan with lemon juice and salt and pepper.

Pour 2 cups of water into a pot and add the onions, garlic, parsley and thyme, potatoes, butter and chile pepper. Bring to a boil and boil about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are almost done (add more water, if necessary).Add the fish with marinade juices, reduce the heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked through and starting to flake.
>>
>>7280113
2 pounds grouper, 2 limes, salt and pepper, 2 onions, 1 clove garlic, 1 tbsp thymes, parsley and fine chopped chilis, about 2 red potatoes sliced thick and 1-2 tbsp butter.
>>
>>7280079
Is it just me, or does the sound of fish soup/stew just seem... gross?

I know I've had some good-ass fish soup with shellfish and shrimp, but the concept seems kind of off.
>>
>>7280089
Recipes?
>>
grilled? http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/article/grilled-fish-guide

steamed? http://lengskitchen.blogspot.hk/2012/11/cantonese-style-steamed-fish.html

hell, if the pond is clean you could probably make sushi out of it if you tried
>>
Fish chowder
Cioppino
Black bean sauce
>>
>>7280145
It's just you. Fish stew is as old as fire.
>>
>>7280079
[spoiler]Anything you can do with salmon and tuna you can do with bass[/spoiler]
>>
>>7280079
poached fish
grilled fish
fish paté
>>
What do you want, fish sorbet ?
>>
>>7280145

Fish live in water, you eat them in water.

Land animals live in air, you eat them in air.

What's the problem?
>>
fish broth is so chronic... then again i only eat trout and KING salmon...
>>
>>7280079
If I've learned anything from Asians, it's that fish can be prepared in the same manner as any other meat. Some fish is better suited to certain methods. You need something that isn't too delicate if you're going to stir fry it, or it will fall apart. You could also see what Scandinavians do with fish if Asian cooking isn't your thing.

Personally, I'm all about the spicy catfish stew that my favorite Chinese chef makes. He's from the Sischuan province originally, and makes spicy freshwater fish dishes that are fucking mindblowing.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is find a part of the world that relies heavily on fish, whether it be saltwater or freshwater, and find out what the hell they make with it. You will find some awesome shit.
>>
>>7281521
whoops i kinda sound like an ass here...
i pack the fish i catch, filleted steaked and skinned, underwater in a ziploc bag so theres no air bubbles and freeze them and even so their electronic sensing organ discolours - cut that off and it tastes much less 'fishy' even though i catch them in the summer and im still eating them now.
but yeah, nothing fancy, just sort of fried in coconut oil and its own broth that forms with onions, lemon or apple god im gonna have some for dinner just thinking about fish makes me happy
>>
>>7281525
>Szechuan catfish soup

Tell me more about this.
>>
What the fuck can you make out of x that isn't just baked or fried or boiled?
>>
>>7281562
It's a hot pot style stew. it's a Scechuan broth, meaning hot peppers with little drops of the pepper oil floating on the surface. Those tiny little "fuck up your asshole" dried princess peppers chopped up and flaoting in it. It's got some bok choy wilted down in it and some mushrooms, and the fish is poached in the broth. He tosses a bunch of thin rice noodles in the bottom of the hotpot before putting it all together. I usually have a side of stir fried Gai Lan with an oyster sauce with it.

His Oyster and Leek hot pot is awesome too.
>>
>>7281612
Do want
>>
>>7281612
Damn, any more fish recipes?
>>
>>7281626
I found a recipe:
http://www.chinasichuanfood.com/boiled-fish-sichuan/

It looks just like what "Mike" (why do Chinese people always change to some English name when the immigrate?) makes.

And now I'm going to read the hell out of this site.

>>7282255
Pretty much anything south china, Thai, or Vietnamese with fish is going to be similar in nature. South China will use bean pastes and peppers. Vietnam will do fish sauce some peppers. Thai will be the same as Vietnamese but will add coconut milk.
>>
>>7282445
>(why do Chinese people always change to some English name

Trust me, it's less embarrassing for both of us if you called me "Tim" instead of 黃震強. Thanks for the recipe though, will definitely give it a shot.
>>
>>7280191
Step 1 cut fish
Step 2 put it on rice

Sushi
>>
>>7282445
Haha this guy I know was like
>just call me Chung, I don't have a Western name
and I was like
>bruh it's cool I don't have a Chinese name
>>
>>7282548
>going to school for years to learn how to do this.

>watching a 2 hour documentary on a guy who does this the best.
>>
>>7282445
>be in middle school when the "thong song" came out
>last name is Fong
>live in misery for three years

kids are cruel to people of the same background as them, how do you think they are to "others"?
>>
Simmered in dashi, sugar, soy, sake, and thinly sliced ginger. Garnished with green onions.
>>
File: Bubba.jpg (5KB, 162x191px) Image search: [Google]
Bubba.jpg
5KB, 162x191px
>>7280089
i just queefed involuntarily
>>
>>7280079
grill it
steam it
eat it with lemonjuice (freeze overnight to get rid of worms/parasites)
make a fish soup (think bouillabaisse)

get creative faggot
>>
Butter poached
>>
>>7280079
after deep frying, fish is best prepared by poaching imo. This recipe is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Y0zSQtvj4
>>
I just made a ton of fish stew from the bass and pike from my weekend ice fishing trip. It has lentils, potato slices, chopped tomatoes, onion, parsley, lemon juice, paprika and chili powder.

Delicious, hearty and cheap as fuck since the fish I caught myself.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.