[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK how many of you actually tried ajvar? Once you try ajvar you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: ajvar09.jpg (91KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
ajvar09.jpg
91KB, 1280x851px
OK how many of you actually tried ajvar?
Once you try ajvar you will never use ketchup again.
Its very tasty and easy to make.
Can you buy in USA?
>>
>>7279820
>Once you try ajvar you will never use ketchup again.
So, you dip your fries in it?
>>
>>7279820
I am intrigued. How about a recipe?
>>
>>7279821
Yes.You can dip your fries in it, put it in a sandwich, eat it with a steak or just spread it on a piece of bread.
Industrial ajvar is pretty bad compared to the domestic one but its still freakin awesome.
>>
>>7279835
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/09/ajvar-serbian-roasted-red-pepper-sauce-recipe.html

Just google it.There are tons of recipes online. Its pretty simple to make, it takes like an hour or so.
>>
man I love ajvar but I would never dip my fries into it. Too chunky and the flavors don't quite work. With cheese and bread it's the best though
>>
Some how I don't quite think the flavor of bell pepper compares to tomato.
>>
>>7279820
really great recipe for cooking with ajvar:
>make it
>get some chicken
>shred chicken and mix with ajvar and a bit of olive oil
>slow simmer for a long ass time
fill a pita with that and some tzatziki and thank me later.
>>
>>7279820
>OK how many of you actually tried ajvar?
I have. So have many people. It's not a common food, but can be found in specialty markets and some supermarkets.
>Once you try ajvar you will never use ketchup again.
I never use ketchup in the first place, but generally consider ketchup a condiment and ajvar more of a scooping salad eaten with bread.
>Can you buy in USA?
Most Middle Eastern markets have it. As does Trader Joe's.
>>
>>7279844
No, what's your recipe.
>>
>>7279820
Yes, I've tried home made and ajvar from a company. It's not a substitute for ketchup
>>
I'm American, haven't had it. I've seen it in my grocery store, which has more European foods than most stores. If I remember right it was relatively expensive, maybe $6 for a jar, compared with $2-$3 for pleb-tier ketchup or tomato sauces. I'll give it a try next time I see it.
>>
Is there a acceptable way to make this without using a charcoal grill? Im interested in the concept but dont have the facilities to make it that way.
>>
>>7280405
Just throw in a few drops of liquid smoke and char the rest of it. Add smoked peppers(?)
>>
>Serbian
no thanks ahmed
>>
>>7280440
>Serbian
>Ahmed
You need to study history my friend.
>>
>>7279820
I don't use ketchup, but if I had something to dip my nuggs and fries into something that wasn't honey mustard, it'd be gochujang
>>
>never use ketchup again
>replace something smooth and creamy with some chunky shit
yeah ok bud
>>
>>7282212
He's /pol/. Europe is one big caliphate. All American cities are full of darkies, Jews, and SJWs. Every country that isn't mainly white people is a third world shithole. The only "acceptable" place on Earth is his irrelevant little hick town in the middle of nowhere. That or he's a Little Englander who uses the Daily Mail and Nick Griffon speeches as wank material, which is basically the same thing. Either way, you don't need to tell him anything because he already knows everything there is to know about the world, which is why he has so much free time to shitpost on our board.
>>
>>7279820
i like chow chow more
>>
>>7280405
roast the peppers in the oven, thats how we make it at home, no need for fancy bs, roaste everything and peel what you have to and blend it, put in jar an put layer of sunflower oil on top to prevent it from spoiling it. Even if you get some mold on top after leaving it open for too long, just scoop the mold out and its ok, you can either make it hot or mild, depending on your preferences.
>>
>>7279844
>http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/09/ajvar-serbian-roasted-red-pepper-sauce-recipe.html
What do instead of this, apartmentfag here
>>
>>7283179
If you have a gas range, you can use the burners to achieve a similar effect. A broiler will also work, as will a blowtorch. It won't be quite the same as you'd get with charcoal but it's a fair approximation. Throwing in a dash of good quality liquid smoke will get you even closer
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.