[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 22 and live with my mom. I have no experience at all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1452562193938.jpg (38KB, 667x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452562193938.jpg
38KB, 667x720px
I'm 22 and live with my mom.

I have no experience at all cooking, baking, using the stove, oven, mixing food in a bowl, following a recipe, cutting or slicing food, etc.

I only know how to prepare microwaved food, toast, cereal, sandwiches, spreading peanut butter on toast, stuff like that.

My mom makes all my meals. But I want that to change. My only problem is I have a fear of knives, boiling water, stove smoke, getting burned, getting cut, etc.

I really have a fear of fucking up and making something explode or opening the stove, looking inside, and burning my face.

i have a fear of frying eggs because i'm afraid that the oil will splash on me.

I also dislike oil and grease and hate getting my hands sticky. I also hate eating sticky, greasy or oily food.

I'm afraid of cutting and slicing things. I have no experience with this and I'm afraid I'll accidently cut off my finger. Or atleast severly hurt myself. I'm also afraid of falling on my knife or slipping with my knife.

How do i get over these fears and dislikes. And how long before I get good at these things.
>>
>>7277239
>I have no experience at all cooking, baking, using the stove, oven, mixing food in a bowl, following a recipe, cutting or slicing food, etc.
No surprises here, you are American. Just check out all the Fast-Food threads on the catalogue and pick your favourite fast food joint.
>>
None of these things have ever happened to me and I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing when it comes to cooking. Don't be afraid to fail OP, you gotta suck before you get good, and if you're too scared to suck you'll never be better than you are now.
>>
>>7277259
Get an education, you filthy foreigner.
>>
>>7277239
ask your mother to teach you.
fat cunt.
>>
>>7277239
it's another look how unbelievably pathetic I am creative writting on 4chan.

lot's of kuks were had my friend.
>>
>>7277239
I can't tell if it's a coincidence or a sign of a subtle bait that there's an equally whiny thread with the same pic on /fit/.
>>
>>7277239
You're a man you don't need to know how to cook anyway. Also, stop being a pussy about boiling water. Are you uncoordinated or something?
>>
>>7277239
I used to have the same fears as you OP, but alas i have those fears no more thanks to an amazing training recipe i figured out myself!
Begin by filling a large pot with water.
Place pot with water on stove
Add dry spaghetti to the water
Make sure the spaghetti sticks out of the water a bit
Watch intensely until the noodles begin sink in.
Grab the dry end of your noodles.
Remove pants.
Insert dry end of the noodles into your anus.
Put on pants
Find a public bathroom
Proceed to release half cooked ball of shit spaghetti in toilet.
Dont flush

You'll never be afraid of any cooking utensils ever again :)
>>
>>7277239
fucking loled
>>
>>7277239
I feel bad for your mom.
Anyways, Ask her to help you or something. Or man up. Begin with easy things. I started with frying eggs, and helped out making pancakes, stuff like that. Or start with adding a bit more personal touch to the prepared food. Add other things to the toast and stuff. Cooking is not always meant to be successful, so don't stop if you fail. I mean, you seem privileged enough to have the money for failing anyway.
>>
This is why America needs to bring back Home Ec.
>>
Ask your fat American mom to teach you.

But be warned, she might get hungry and kill/cook you and invite the neighbours over for the feast.
>>
>>7277239
You need to get a job working in a busy kitchen as a cook. Preferably a fry cook. Takes almost no skill and you will get burned a lot. Get desensitized to pain and honestly stop being a pussy. Burns and scars are great. Love the pain.
>>
>>7277755
They got rid of home economics? Oh man, I took that class in high school because it was stupid easy and full of chicks. But I did actually learn things. The best probably was kitchen safety and baking bread.

Wow. Quite a recall from the past. My home ec. class was 1986.
>>
File: fears.png (19KB, 861x536px) Image search: [Google]
fears.png
19KB, 861x536px
OP here, made this list of what I am most scared of, going to hand it to mom, but maybe if you have any tips just advise me
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 335x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 335x400px
>>
This is obviously a troll thread, you idiots. No one can possibly be this much of a pussy.
>>
File: why_dont_YOU_mimic.png (113KB, 1057x509px) Image search: [Google]
why_dont_YOU_mimic.png
113KB, 1057x509px
>>7277889
Are you biscuit guy?
>>
>>7277889
>dangerously cheese

well memed senpai
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.