[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything better than dipping a delicious baguette into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: sourdough-baguette-oliveoil.jpg (322KB, 1072x712px) Image search: [Google]
sourdough-baguette-oliveoil.jpg
322KB, 1072x712px
Is there anything better than dipping a delicious baguette into olive oil with freshly ground pepper on top? I've tried most foods (spent the semester when I was 21 travelling most of Europe) so please don't suggest any memes or well known foods.
>>
>dip bread in olive oil
>dunk into salt
>devour
>>
I like to get a little vinegar in there too.
>>
>>7276523
>please don't suggest any memes or well known foods.

dipping bread in oil is a meme, and they're well known foods
>>
>>7276523
>tried most foods
>(spent the semester when I was 21 travelling most of Europe)

you do realize there are like 7 continents and youve been to maybe 2

there's a lot of food in the world
>>
>>7276547
I love antarctic food.
>>
>>7276554
They have the best snow cones for some reason
>>
>>7276543

It's not a meme. I've never seen it posted here and I know most memes on several of 4chan's boards.

>>7276547

I've been to London, which has virtually every cuisine in the world.
>>
yea dipping dis dick in ur moms moist pussy
>>
>>7276523
Sexual intercourse with a gender you are physically attracted to is better than dipping a delicious baguette into olive oil with freshly ground pepper on top.
>>
>>7276731
>I've been to London, which has virtually every cuisine in the world.
America has literally every cuisine in the world, at least, somewhere in it

>baugette and olive oil
>not ciabatta and olive oil
pleb
>>
>>7276523

Ill admit OP is sorta right. It's a very simple dish and very delicious. I like to add some roasted veggies with it too for a nice snack. Usually I'll roast some broccoli with some EVOO and black pepper.
>>
>>7276776
I'm going on touring the US in a few months, actually. Where can I buy some fried dog dick?
>>
>not sprinkling some salt on the oil
>>
>>7278061
and
>>7276776
is right about the ciabbatta. make your own, it takes a few minutes and it will make this whole "dish" nxtlvl. try to serve some fresh goat cheese with it. i'm salivating
>>
>>7276523
Why would you add pepper to olive oil instead of salt? Good oil is already spicy
>>
dipping warm naan into butter chicken desu
>>
>>7276731
England is famous all over the world for how bad the food is. Anything you found in London is done better in either Tokyo or New York, except for maybe fish and chips, but those are extremely hard to fuck up
>>
italian bread
Fresh mozzarella
Fresh basil
Slice of tomato
Olive oil
S an p
>>
You may as well eat chips because either is just carbs and fat.
>>
>>7278119
>England is famous all over the world for how bad the food is
The traditional food maybe, but London is full of top chefs from around the world. If you think the food is shit there you are either too poor to go to a good restaurant or have shit taste. I'll agree that going to London isn't a replacement for actually trying food from around the world, but to say the food is at a standard lower than Tokyo or New York is wrong.
>>
>>7278136
don't forget delicious
>>
>>7278119
>New York
>Better food
>>
dipping a nice italian loaf into a little chocolate on a cold winter night is superior.
>>
File: meangirlss.jpg (6KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
meangirlss.jpg
6KB, 208x243px
>>7276523
>better than dipping a delicious baguette into olive oil

http://www.foodrenegade.com/your-extravirgin-olive-oil-fake/

"olive oil"
>>
>>7278151
Yes?
>>
>>7278159
New York food is just food from elsewhere with the added bonus of a 40% markup and several hours on a truck.
>>
File: ZQ11cIt.jpg (218KB, 1200x1199px) Image search: [Google]
ZQ11cIt.jpg
218KB, 1200x1199px
>>7278175

that's true of every large city in the world, especially cities the size of london. That said food prices don't really scale in the same sense that rents do. Sure New York has some extremely pricy restaurants but some falafel or curry is going to cost the same as it would in Ohio.
>>
>>7278185
Its actually probably cheaper than in Ohio since theres actually a market for it outside of the high end
>>
>>7278157
i'm laffin
>>
>>7278190

Do you speak english because that sentence makes no sense. Have you been to NYC? There are a shit ton of really cheap curry places.
>>
>>7278212
Reread the sentence. It makes perfect sense, but could have a comma after Ohio
>>
File: girls.jpg (10KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
girls.jpg
10KB, 269x187px
>>7278218

What are you trying to say, that the only Indian restaurants in NYC are upscale and more expensive? That's not true at all. Average food price is more expensive in NYC because there are more posh places selling expensive groceries and overpriced places in Midtown and tourist districts that push the prices up, but for comparable items, the prices are the same or lower, in restaurants and groceries.

You don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>7278246
Jeez what was your English GRE score? Im assuming very low. The point was that the curry is probably cheaper over all in NYC because its not seen as a unique item, since the people living there are used to it and theres a significant Indian population as opposed to Ohio where they're going to get less customers because people aren't used to eating that kind of food. So only a high end place would be able to stay in business in Ohio
>>
File: Tamarind Tribeca (Edited) 5634.jpg (265KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Tamarind Tribeca (Edited) 5634.jpg
265KB, 1600x1065px
>>7278263
I've eaten indian food in ohio and indian food in new york so I am an expert on this topic.

The difference is that the style and grade of food we'd have in New York that would cost $9, instead goes for $17 in Ohio because they're not serving as many customers (on a friday night you can have the whole restaurant to yourself).

Then again there's not much middle market indian food here in NY. There's a lot of greasy corner curry places, and there are a handful of high end places.

tl;dr the other guy is an idiot
>>
>>7278292
>>7278263

Jesus christ do you guys live in the part of flyover country that even people in flyover country call backwards? 17 dollars for a curry, fuck me. I've been to a handful of large cities in the midwest and I've never seen anything like that. Try getting out of the middle of nowhere and seeing the world.
>>
>>7278297
You can't read English and you're making weird baseless assumptions. I've never even been to Ohio and the only midwest place I've ever been was Chicago
>>
>>7278297
>Jesus christ do you guys live in the part of flyover country that even people in flyover country call backwards?
Yeah, you guys don't like NYC very much. Although "even" is the wrong choice of words, it's mostly flyovers that have a big problem with us.
> 17 dollars for a curry, fuck me. I've been to a handful of large cities in the midwest and I've never seen anything like that
This was in Cleveland Ohio, does that count as a "large city"? I'd call it medium sized.

You seem really confused btw.
>>
>>7278304
I live in Alabama and pay around $10-12 for a curry in a town of less than 20,000.
>>
>>7276523
Spreading fresh homemade butter on your homemade baguette while consensually penetrating your French wife who is bent over your granite counter top?
>>
>>7278347
>consensually
That's not even a word you fucking mongol.
>>
>>7278297
holy shit why are people falling for this low quality trolling.
>>
>>7276554
>Hasn't been to the seal penguin bistro on King George Island
>>
>>7278175
Same as London. Except NYC does it better.
>>
>>7278119
> Anything you found in London is done better in either Tokyo or New York, except for maybe fish and chips, but those are extremely hard to fuck up

if fish and chips is extremely hard to fuck up then according to your statement, NY or Tokyo should do it better than London. So what's up?
>>
>>7276523
>I've tried most foods (spent the semester when I was 21 travelling most of Europe) so please don't suggest any memes or well known foods.

6/10, decent attempt
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>7276731
Do you know how fuckin dumb you sound.... I'm not even reading the rest of this thread.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.