[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In college >One hot plate, a microwave, and a very small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

>In college
>One hot plate, a microwave, and a very small oven
Could I get some simple, tasty recipes that won't kill me? I'm eating the same few things over and over.

>Chili
>Banana nut pancakes
>Fried Banana slices
>Potato Latkes
>Omelet
>Quesadilla
>Omelet Quesadilla
>peanut butter + preserves on a tortilla
>chicken, cheese and spinach
>sandwiches with cheese and spinach on a tortilla
>Skillet (potatoes, eggs, chicken, cheese, vegetables)
>Whatever fruit is in season

Pic is some chili I made
>>
>Some skillet I made
>>
>>7273529
What the fuck is that
>>
>>7273528
>>7273529
This looks terrible.

And the answer is something that can be made in one pot and an oven.
>>
>Pic is some chili I made

What's all the white

Why does it look so disgusting
>>
>>7273543
Eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon, pepers, onions and spinach.

>>7273543
Looks bad, but tastes good.
Yeah, you have any suggestions? I'm trying to eat moderately healthy.
>>
>>7273528
Split pea soup is one of the easiest foods to make, and basically the easiest. The most taxing aspect is cooking the hamhock, if you choose to include one, as is often done. Really you could make the whole thing with one pot, even if you did cook the ham before adding to the stock pot.
>>
>>7273528
I think you should try to approach cooking from the perspective of technique rather than recipes. Is your food all gross and white because your hot plate doesn't get hot enough?
>>
>>7273551
The light spots are bits of chicken.
Because I'm not some frog that demands my food be a piece of art before I eat it.

>>7273564
It's not undercooked, it's chicken I baked before.
>>
File: 1449179263089.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1449179263089.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Treat yourself with the occasional frozen pizza, with your own added toppings.
>>
>>7273529
What the fuck is "skillet"? Did someone teach you that's the real name of a dish?
>>
throw a meatloaf in the oven, it's what I'm doing for lunch
>>
Why do you call it chili when it's a solid mass of vegetables and chicken, containing no tomato sauce, stock or ground beef?

Anyway, you can make carbonara or many other pasta dishes if you microwave fresh pasta in boiling water, making the sauce in a pan. Pretty easy to simmer some chopped tomatoes in a pan, add a few splashes of stock or starchy pasta water, add some fresh herbs and toss with the pasta. Wa la.
>>
File: skillet.jpg (105KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
skillet.jpg
105KB, 425x282px
>>7273580
You've never heard of skillet?

>>7273590
It has liquid in it. Tomatoes make it too sweet for me, so I use jalapeno and let the onions leak the juice into there as well.
>>
>>7273598

That looks lite a frittata, cooked in a skillet.

The other thing you posted could barely even be called a casserole.
>>
>>7273598
>cooking a frittata in a cast iron skillet

ballsy
>>
>>7273598
Skillet is the name of the frying pan you dumb cunt, not the resulting dish regardless of ingredients.
>>
>>7273528
>Could I get some simple, tasty recipes that won't kill me? I'm eating the same few things over and over.
How about
>bean, lentil, pea or chicken stew
>shakshuka
>baked potatoes of all kinds and shape
>fried chicken sandwiches
>>
>>7273607
Dish is called a skillet because it's cooked in one. Go to any breakfast diner and order one.

>>7273613
THANK you. Trying to eat healthier, so I probably won't do the fried chicken.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0CoVPJz2H8
>>
>some pasta
>canned tuna
>green onions
>tomatoes
>cucumber
>Napa cabbage
>some other greens like rucola or whatever you like
>bit of an olive oil
>pepper salt basil and oregano
>olives

Chop the vegetables into chunks, boil some pasta, mix all the shit up and eat.

>potatoes
>sour cream
>onions
>garlic
>again salt pepper oregano and basil

Peel and slice as many potatoes as you can fit into a baking plate, then few onions, crush some garlic and add it to the sour cream with the seasoning. Mix with the potatoes and get it into an oven and bake it.

God more of a poorfag student recipes, if you want. These are really cheep and monkey tier easy.
>>
>>7274214
got*
>>
Braised meat/veggies
>>
Fry up some lean ground beef with half a chopped up onion. Throw some garlic in there half way through, fine chop. Half a cup of red wine is awesome too.

When its all cooked up, drain most of the fat, but keep some in a pan.

Through some corriander, cumin, black powder in and some salt. Add do taste but dont over season. Cook just two or three minutes.

Tada! Super easy taco beef.
>>
>>7273528
If you have access to a risotto variety, you could try that. Almost all risotto dishes are made in one pan.
I did just a quick google for examples, but you should check the possible combination out yourself. Basically you can use any mushroom or/and vegetable, especially peas, carrots, tomatoes, asparagus and zucchini.

- mushroom:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/85389/gourmet-mushroom-risotto/

- peas:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/easy-parmesan-risotto-recipe.html

You should cut back on the cheese if you want this dish to be healthy.
>>
Butter your pan. Get it melted and add some tilapia in there. Put it at 7/10 heat. While its heating, cover it in cajun seasoning. After 2 minutes on one side, flip it carefully. Cover it again with cajun seasoning. After 2 minutes, flip one more time and let it cook another minute or two.

Remove from heat, chunk it up. Add fresh vilantro and a bit of lime juice sprinkle.

Tada! Easy fish taco meat.
>>
>>7274234
I would not recommend eating black powder. I would perhaps substitute that ingredient with black pepper.
>>
>>7273607
What came first: the skillet or the egg?
>>
>>7274251
Yes
>>
>>7273626
Its called a skillet at denny's

Its not called a skillet at anywhere you want to eat.
>>
>>7274214
Yes, more is good.
>>
Rice and lentil pilaf:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/lebanese-lentil-and-rice-pilaf-with-blackened-onions-108813

Since you only have the one burner you can omit the blackened onions (which I always do anyway because I'm a lazy shit). I do however recommend that you make some yogurt thing to go on top of it. I make a simple cucumber raita out of yogurt, cucumbers, salt, and cayenne whisked together.
>>
This one is a mother of all ghetto thrash but suprisingly decent.

>pasta
>eggs
>salt and pepper
>onions

Fry some chopped onions. You can add ham or bacon if you feeling fancy. Boil some pasta and then crack the eggs into it and add fried onions.
Don't worry, the heat from the just cooked pasta will cook the eggs just fine.
>>
This one is little harder but still easy.

>onions about as much as meat
>beef of not a steak quality preferably some fatter shin or you can use pork but it's not that tasty or you can use sausage if you want to go full ghetto
>garlic, cumin, salt, marjoram, pepper and fuckload of grounded paprika
>tomato puree
>beer
>voluntary: Chilly pepper, bell pepper

Take a huge pot. Chop onions into fine cubes. Chop meat into chunks. Start frying the onion till they are golden. You can use oil, butter but pork lard is the best. Add the meat let it stew for a while, if you think there is too little liquid add beer (or water but why?). If you are using bell peppers add them now. After the meat is almost soft, add the rest of the shit. Again, If it seems there is too little liquid add beer. Let it stew until the meat is completely soft. It might take some time. During the stewing, stir it up a little bit and add beer if needed. Serve with few rings of onion and beer.

The best thing you can do with this is to invite some fellas, buy fuckload of the ingredients together, cook it together and then enjoy the beer, food and ebin bantz. We do so on our camping trips and such.
>>
>>7275727
This sounds gross.

Egg and onion noodle soup
>>
>>7273529
clean your room
>>
>>7276341
I believe you are supposed to drain the water the fuck out.
>>
Something like thus should be doable. Switch up the geain/roasted veggies if you want to ad variety.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.