[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carmelizing onions in a pressure cooker was floating around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

Carmelizing onions in a pressure cooker was floating around the Web in this article today: http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/01/the-food-lab-pressure-cooker-caramelized-onions-onion-soup.html.

Anyone ever do this? I finally learned how to properly carmelize but it takes so long that the pressure cooker seems like a great idea. I don't eat dairy so I also want to know if you think this would work with olive oil or coconut oil? I don't ever buy vegan butter just because I usually don't go for vegetarian substitutes but if need be I could try that.
>>
>>7271793
I've never done it, but Serious Eats means Kenji. Every Kenji recipe I've ever done has been spot on so your chances of a good result are high.
>>
>>7274044
Yes but he has a mixed race name so neo-/ck/ (aka /pol/) gets tumblrtriggered
>>
>>7271793
>i don't eat dairy

Welp, on to the next thread.

>>>/anywherebuthere/
>>
>>7271793
I haven't seen the SeriousEats article on this until now, but a nearly identical procedure is described in Modernist Cuisine. I've done it several times over the last couple years; it works very well.

>>I also want to know if you think this would work with olive oil or coconut oil?

They are calling for butter simply to add flavor. The oil isn't actually necessary for the carmelization process in a pressure cooker. The heat and time is all that is needed. The Modernist Cuisine recipe calls for no butter or fat at all. You could leave it out or substitute pretty much any cooking oil.
>>
>>7274044
This. SE is based.
>>
>>7274051
Asian-white isn't really that bad
>>
>>7271793
I use a slow cooker myself. Salt, pepper, little bit of oil
>>
i need to get a normal pressure cooker..

mines like 22 quarts or something so totally impractical for anything other then a 8 kilo turkey
>>
You can make caramelized onions in a slow cooker. Slice em up and low for 8. Do it while you sleep or at work or school. Easy.
>>
>>7274771

> Lopez
> white

Oh boy

>>7274055

>I haven't seen the SeriousEats article on this until now,

it was posted this week
>>
>>7274051
Only loser care about something as trivial as "race mixing". For fuck's sake what year is it again? /pol/ will never ever win and the South will never ever rise again. They need to deal with it.
>>
>>7274771
>I-It's OK because they make my vidya and dickgirl hentai!

So if it was an Indian or Nignog it would be bad, right?
>>
>>7275082
I'd execute my two blond haired, blue eyed daughters if they ever shamed our family by dating some disgusting minority.

Every minority group tries to say how proud they are of their race. Well, screw you all, so am I.
>>
>>7275113
as I white male, you are the scum of the earth
>>
>>7275113
being proud of your race doesnt mean you need to think other races are worst
>>
>>7275113
Suuure you would. Just like you'll kill the commies, abortionists, and atheists too. He're a little bit of info for ya, sport: no one wants your redneck daughters or give a shit about your genes. Being proud of something you've contributed NOTHING to is a sure sign of a lowlife person. Would you feel superior to others for something your brother accomplished? No. Your dad? No. Your entire race? YUP! I guarantee you don't make over 30k, no one who cares this deeply about something so trivial can't possibly be anyone important in the world.
>>
>>7275113
That's your family, your decision and I agree completely with you(and pretty sure most "normal" people agree), but polfags have to mention it all the fucking time and judge mixed race people just because they're mixed. This guy is a fucking cook with great recipes, his heritage/skin color is completely irrelevant, so it is unncecessary to comment on that in the first place.
>>
>>7275129
That's kind of exactly what pride means.
>>
>>7275143
>That's your family, your decision and I agree completely with you(and pretty sure most "normal" people agree)

No, you and your 0.0001% of internet nobodies agree.
>>
>>7275113

Nobody thought blue eyed blondes were superior to anyone before Hitler, and he lost the war. You're clinging on to some war-fueled political ideology from 80 years ago.
>>
>>7275126
Just like people on veterans day pretending to be war heroes, minorities on the internet pretend to be white.
>>
>>7275143
Agreed.
>>
>>7274778

that is huge. I got a 4 quart and it's okay but is too small. I want to get an 8 quart one. But I also live with my family at the moment so maybe it would be fine once I move out.
>>
>>7275207
I'd rather be a black professor than a white nobody. What don't you get about "you can't claim superiority for other people's accomplishments" don't you understand? Why do you cling to "white" like its something you should be inherently proud of? What have you as a person done at all? Low IQ is all I see.
>>
>>7275225
But you're not a black professor. You are of the same caliber as every other non-white 4channer. That's not saying a whole lot and it deflates your argument.

Don't hate white people for not wanting to race mix while at the same time wearing your black pride t-shirt. Hypocrite.
>>
>>7275275
I'm not black or non-white, though. And you never answered my question. Do you ever wonder why your worldview fell out of favor years ago? Also you keep going on about "white people" again, stop that. You don't speak for anyone but yourself.
>>
>>7275070
Fun fact: Lopez is his wife's name. They took each other's last names when they married.
>>
>>7275287
You are a complete disgrace and a shame to your family and race. For your sake, I hope you're just trolling and not actually embarrassed by your skin color.

I'm not some nut job racist (executing my daughters was farcical). I associate with and befriend everyone and anyone. But I draw the line at race mixing. No big deal. Every race does the same thing. I'm no different. I'm just scrutinized and demonized because I am white.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.