[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have accumulated about a pint of bacon grease and I stand to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

I have accumulated about a pint of bacon grease and I stand to gather nearly a half gallon from my backstock of frozen bacon.
Other than greasing my skillet for eggs and sauteing veggies what can I do with that much bacon grease?
>>
>>7270471
>gather grease
>bring it to liquid state
>put it into glass bottles
>cork the top with rags
>light the top of the bottle
>throw it at the line of police officers impeding your freedom
>demand an end to the corruption
>clank with your brothers
>>
Well with that much bacon grease I suppose using it to deep fry food is an option.

Potatoes are amazing fried in bacon grease, by the way, can't make better home fries without it.
>>
bacon candles
>>
Make some refried beans with it.
>>
>>7270471
Cook bacon in it.
>>
>>7270512
I was super interested in this so I checked it out online... Apparently, bacon grease has too low of a smoke point. Pretty disappointed desu
>>
>>7270504
Or just use normal oil and it'll still smell like pork.
>>
Anyone ever tried making soap from bacon or other animal fat? I'd need lye but what else is there to the process?
>>7270525
This is disappointing, still frying them conventionally will be pretty good.
>>
>>7270524
And save the resulting fat to cook more bacon in.
>>
>>7270524
>>7270531
I was always under the assumption that bacon has enough fat on it to not need a greased pan. Maybe I'm just spoiled by all these non-stick coatings.
>>
File: 565656.jpg (108KB, 317x302px) Image search: [Google]
565656.jpg
108KB, 317x302px
>>7270504
>>
>>7270471
Bacon fat makes killer pot roast, beef stew and hash browns. Pretty much any dish someone on the Atlantic coast might have made in a cast iron pan/Dutch oven three or four generations ago will be good with bacon fat.

But how much I'd use it depends on how closely the bacon you get resembles the bacon back then. I'd trust fat from bacon that's been made in a smokehouse much more than fat from bacon that came wrapped in plastic from the supermarket.
>>
>>7270525
Cut regular oil with the bacon grease to get a higher smoke point and still get some bacon flavor.
>>
>>7270535
There's merit to cooking bacon in bacon fat. It cooks the bacon more evenly and prevents raw spots. Even in a non-stick coated pan. Try it once or twice. When your done do like >>7270531 and keep just enough fat in the pan to cook eggs. Unless you're using a ceramic pan, in which case eggs without butter or fan are the best thing ever.
>>
A friend of mine told me that bacon grease is an old wives cure for acne. I'm flaring up more than usual but I think I'm seeing a generally positive effect. You could use it for that.
>>
Mayonnaise, caramels, cookies or cereal bars.
>>
I like using it as a spread on bread, but i aleays mop it up rather than collect it.
>>
>>7270713
You're a big guy.
>>
>>7270471

It does go bad, you know.
>>
So am I the only one who thinks bacon grease in its solid state smells god awful? I know it isn't spoiled I just made it a day ago and stuck it in the fridge.
>>
>>7270471
That much bacon grease? Die of a heart attack nigga, how much bacon you eat?
>>
>>7270746
I'm aware. I'm filtering out as much of the bacon bits as I can to keep it from going bad as long as possible.
>>7270749
I got 14 oz of grease from one package of bacon my roommate bought without examining it. The strips were 85-90% fat.
>>
>>7270471
Heat it up and fucking drink it, also why didnt you post a pic of all this grease?
>>
>>7270471
Where I live we buy 10plbs of bacon for 19$, quality is good stays almost same size when done being cooked what you pay OP?
>>
>>7270748
Yes, my special snowflake friend. You are.
>>
>>7270694
It also makes a killer lube for FAP TIME, also smells good
>>
>>7270762
That's a pretty good price. I got that same amount for about $25
>>
>>7270768
Not bad at all m8, cant remember the brand could be the same one
>>
>>7270538
Why's that? Is smokehouse pork guaranteed to be of a certain quality?
>>
>>7270781
No, but if you get your bacon from a place that makes it on site it's less likely to have the kind of crap in it that's pretty much a given in garbage tier stuff like Oscar Meyer or Hormel.

I'm all for cooking with smoked pork fat, but less excited about artificial flavorings and unnecessary preservatives.
>>
>>7270746
How long does it take to spoil if sealed and refrigerated?
>>
>>7270642
>Cut regular oil with the bacon grease to get a higher smoke point and still get some bacon flavor.

Kek, why do people think this fucking works. It doesn't.
>>
>>7270504

/c/k//
>>
>>7270530
Man you need the right ratios, an immersion blender, a couple thermometers, a mold of some sort, heavy glass bowls. Maybe a slow cooker or some stainless stock pot on an induction cooktop.

Try >>>> /diy/

And yes, that would work.
>>
>>7270471
you could clarify it and use it in pastry. Try some hot water pastry for savory pies.
>>
Just use it in place of other fats when you want a little extra bacon flavor.

I've been refilling the same glass tupperware type container for five or six years now, and as long as it's airtight and kept in a cool dark place it will keep for years.
>>
at the restaurant I work at we throw it in with our egg farce for deviled eggs, bacon grissini to coat the dough then hit it with some parm.
>>
Baconfat mayonnaise.
Half neutral oil looks canola or avocado or whatever and half melted bacon grease. Let it set in the fridge tho, it takes a few hours to set and take on taste.

Literally the best condiment .
>>
>>7271968
Oh and by melted I mean as close to room temp as possible. Obvioisly hot bacon grease will break your emulsion.
>>
>>7270471
you can make some killer gumbo with it. bacon gravy. its basically a good fat for making any type of gravy.
>>
>>7270471
Dude mix that bacon grease with chinese gutter oil and you have a kicken salad dressing.
>>
>>7272045
whats the point of eating salad if its got more calories than a hamburger?
>>
>>7272063
It tastes good.
>>
File: 1419985773569.jpg (42KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1419985773569.jpg
42KB, 600x450px
It is known that any cook who accumulates a large amount of lard or bacon fat is obligated to go on the quest for the Ultimate Grease, the one fat greater than butter, greater than ghee, greater even than duck fat.

>deep-fry meat in lard or bacon fat, then filter and save the fat
>acquire deep fried meat and delicious meat-infused fat
>repeat at least 10-20 times to summon the Ultimate Grease
>>
>>7272098
if that bitch gets that ecited about chees imagine how she reacts when she sees the cock. Some people have all the luck.
>>
>>7272136
She looks like she's proficient in handling one too
>>
>>7272136
>>7272141

while I concur with your assessment in part, it rather appears to me that her excitement is more confounded; it has been my experience that bitches that get dick shock tend to back off way to early before achieving my satisfaction.

however, that's some nice cheese.
>>
>>7272171
Oh man I hate it when my dick dips into the toilet in the wintertime. Fucking shits the worst.
>>
>>7270471
You can use it to make fried rice.
>>
You can't go wrong with some lima beans tossed in bacon fat.

Gravy base. Red eye, sausage/bacon, ham, whatever. Use it as a your gravy fat. Then enjoy a breakfast casserole, biscuits and gravy, shit on a shingle, mashed potatoes, chicken fried steak and gravy, pork chops and gravy, just mainline that shit I don't care bacon fat gravy is amazing.
>>
you can use it as the fat in making toffees and caramels. do it faggot.
>>
Grilled cheese. or deep fried grilled cheese
>>
cut into pie dough
>>
>>7270471
Jerk off Muslims though a glory hole
>>
Mosques and synagogues frequently have squeaky hinges and door handles, apply liberally to both as a favor to them.
>>
File: 1445459455065.jpg (36KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
1445459455065.jpg
36KB, 358x310px
>>7272098
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.