[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do frozen beans taste? I finally bought a pressure cooker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: beans.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
beans.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
How do frozen beans taste? I finally bought a pressure cooker and its fucking awesome, should have done it years ago, but still it would be nice to have some beans on hand I can eat instantly. I know beans can be frozen but are they still pretty decent?

I generally make chickpeas, kidney, fava, black, so nothing weird.
>>
File: can.jpg (11KB, 298x232px) Image search: [Google]
can.jpg
11KB, 298x232px
>>7268627
>>
>>7268627
frozen beans?

they make those?
>>
>>7268642

Canned are nice but the pressure cooker makes it so incredibly easy you would be foolish to waste money on canned beans.

>>7268642

No you make them yourself from dried then freeze them. I have seen frozen edamame at the store though.
>>
>>7268647
correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt frozen beans still require prep? (unfreezing etc) why not just refrigerate?
>>
>>7268650
You don't get that same crunch from the refrigerator as you do when they come out of the freezer.
>>
>>7268650

I think you can just run them under hot water for a few minutes instead of the 45 minutes to an hour in the pressure cooker from dry. Beans only last a few days in the fridge but can last many months in the freezer.
>>
I cook up a pot of beans and freeze them in portion sizes. Do it pretty often. Comes out fine. About 2 minutes in the nukebox to defrost plus another minute to heat through and I've got myself some tasty black eyed peas with smoked turkey.
Sometimes, I cook up a pot of beans plain and freeze them in serving size to be used in various ways rather than just as a finished dish.

And for a minute, I thought you were asking about frozen-from-fresh beans. I buy frozen, green fava beans/broadbeans because fresh ones are a pain in the dickhole to remove from their two pods and they stain your hands black/brown for days.
Great for paella as well as mashing by hand and mixing with parsley, spices and chickpea flour to make homemade falafel.
Green chickpeas from frozen are nice, too, and green lima beans are great, as well.
>>
no pinto? that's the best bean... and usually the cheapest. you can freeze them. I leave mine in mason jars in the fridge, they last about a week, maybe longer. I eat them so much that they don't last. I'm always cooking more
>>
>>7268743

Excellent that's what I was wondering. Idk where I'd go to around here to get frozen fava beans, maybe the arab grocer. I always get the dry ones in a bag and haven't seen the fresh pods or frozen, I'll have to take a look. I love fava beans but nobody else in my family does. ful madamas is my go to dish, and it is baller as fuck.
>>
>>7268777

yea pinto is one of the most available because of all the mexicans. I don't think I've ever really ate them outside of canned refried beans though. I'll have to check out some recipes.
>>
>>7268781
>he likes bean ladies!!
lol You mean 'ful medames,' beanbro, not ful madamas.
Yeah, ful medames is baller as fuck, but that's made with dried fava. Fresh or frozen are used in various other applications.
If you live in the US, try some Hispanic supermarket, particularly islander Hispanic, for some frozen fava. Also, the Hispanic part of the frozen section of many large, chain supermarkets in my area sells them.
Goya packages fava beans and they're my favourite because of how deliciously fresh-tasting and bright green they are compared to other brands. The only downside is that they're not shelled completely and are still inside the inner pod. Takes a minute or two to shell a portion of thawed fava but that's a very, very small price to pay for good ones. Alternately, durkastani and Arab markets will sell them as will, believe it or not, Chinese supermarkets, usually under the name 'broadbeans' instead of fava. I can't speak to the quality of fava from the Chinese joints, but Arab and Indian ones are okay, just not as fresh-tasting as Goya.
Indian supermarkets also sell frozen green chickpeas, which are nice, too.

I eat lots of various beans and use them in many, many ways. Try black beans. Cook'em. Cool'em. Mash'em up by hand and mix with a little chopped veg, cooked rice, salt, seasonings and just enough chickpea flour to come together into patties then form burgers and pan-cook. Fucking wonderful with some thin slices of ham on that shit.

>>7268783
>>7268777
I bought a 4lb bag of mixed beans, pinto, kidney and white navy a few months back. I can't remember how much it was, though, either $2.99 or $3.49. I use the mixed beans the same way I would plain beans and it comes out just fine.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.