[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite vegetable? Mine is pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

File: broccoli-rabe-beauty-shot.jpg (47KB, 520x347px) Image search: [Google]
broccoli-rabe-beauty-shot.jpg
47KB, 520x347px
What is your favorite vegetable? Mine is pic related
>>
Probably broccoli. Or green beans
>>
I don't like vegetables much because humans are carnivores, but sometimes I like lettuce on my burgers. Normal lettuce mind you, none of that high falutin snob shit whatever it's called.

You vegans can have your cow food, it tastes like shit but then again the cute widdle animals didn't die (except all the millions of mice that died in the field lol what are you going to do now faggot)

Anyway, vegetables are icky.
>>
>>7268531
I am OP and I usually eat the broccoli rabe with Italian sausage
>>
File: bok-choy-recipe-3.jpg (32KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
bok-choy-recipe-3.jpg
32KB, 500x333px
>>7268497
bok choy as an actual side, but onion otherwise.
>>
File: choi sum.jpg (209KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
choi sum.jpg
209KB, 1600x1200px
God bless the brassicaceae.
>>
onions and peas

I eat lots of spinach, but more because its very healthy and you don't even know you're eating it ftmp rather than actually liking it
>>
File: dat ass.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dat ass.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>7268552
>>7268548

guess i have to go to the international market tomorrow
>>
Asparagus, Onions, Spinach and Peppers
>>
>>7268497
Red onion.

beautiful
>>
File: belgian-endive.jpg (36KB, 1000x673px) Image search: [Google]
belgian-endive.jpg
36KB, 1000x673px
>>7268497

an arugula, corn lettuce salad. You eurocucks are really lucky that arugula and corn lettuce are so cheap and available.That is an incredible mix. I grow my own of both but I wish I could pick it up at the store here. Also belgian endives so cheap but so great. When I lived in france I ate this almost everyday with a simple vinaigrette it was like 1 euro/kilo. Why the fuck are endives so expensive in America?

Why does europe blow America away when it comes to lettuce selection? We generally have the best of everything but in lettuce we are miles behind.
>>
>>7268645
The price of "rocket" is ridiculous here. Arugula is so much better than spinach but good luck getting it cheap. It also goes bad in three days. I don't know if it's the packaging or what.

I grow kale since it requires no effort and costs a stupid amount in stores. Fresh from the garden with a seasoning of caterpillar poop is the best way to get your kale. Seriously caterpillars love it. Gotta triple wash that shit.
>>
>>7268685

Are you in america? Kale has actually become fairly cheap here in Kentucky. You can get a huge bunch for 99 cents pretty much all the time at least one grocery store. Arugula is ridiculously expensive.

But yea both of those grow ridiculously well here and I do them both and usually end up getting sick of them. Corn lettuce not so well and the plants are smaller.
>>
File: 1arug.jpg (27KB, 263x400px) Image search: [Google]
1arug.jpg
27KB, 263x400px
>>7268685
Americans are distrustful of vegetables and anything that is not "normal food" is considered unamerican.

Reminder that Obama almost lost the election because he liked the wrong leafy greens.
>>
Eggplant, cauliflower, arugula, and broccoli rabbe/rapini.

Oh, and onions/garlic/shallots of course.

Really, I love most vegetables, but these are my favorites.
>>
corn on the cob
>>
>>7268690
In my home country, kale is a pretty common vegetable . It's delicious.
I've been in the US permanently for about 11-12 years now. When I first moved here, kale was 39ยข/lb because all the cool, moustachioed douchecunts hadn't "discovered" it yet. Now, it's $1.99/lb or more because Lumberjack-Americans and vegans need their disgusting green smoothies. The price and use of kale in this country nowadays is a fucking sacrilege.

>>7268645
I don't know what corn lettuce is, but arugula/rocket is great with large-leaf parsley and various lettuces, including the white chicory you have pictured there. Easily my favourite salad and the one I eat most often.

>>7268497
Um... probably artichokes.
>>
>>7268690
Yeah, but I live in outskirts of chicago. I can get a pomello for 1.50 but arugula only comes in pricey plastic containers and kale goes for 2.50 or so. I can dedicate a 5 foot by 10 foot section of my garden to growing kale and arugula which covers my needs all summer and fall, but once the snow starts falling I'm fucked.

The prices for greens make no sense when it's so easy to grow. Why can I get a decent price for pomello but raped on greens that aren't romaine or iceberg? Chicago is weird. Illinois needs to use its farm land for things besides corn and soy.
>>
>>7268774
Due to its extremely high fibre content, kale freezes nicely with no ill effects. Buy it when it's cheap, blanch and shock it, squeeze of excess water and freeze it in portion sizes.
Today for dinner, for example, I cooked up kale cheesy rice for dinner. Took out a portion of kale from the freezer, thawed it, chopped it up and went at it.
Last week, I used some to make kale and bean soup. Before that, I made chicken in green soup by blitzing the kale with chicken stock to make a green-coloured base for the soup, using the solids leftover in the initial fry for the soup.
>>
>>7268936
kale is so nasty. why would you do that to yourself when you could just eat spinach?
>>
>>7268940
Because you come from a kale-eating culture and know what to do with it to make it delicious and aren't a Lumberjack-American who uses it in gross-as-fuck smoothies.
>>
>>7269967
fuck you my smoothies are delicious
>>
>>7268940
Because variety.
>>
Celery is my favorite, but I feel like it would be celery root if I could ever find it
>>
>>7269968
I love when your ilk tells each other that as they suck down that disgusting shit, wincing all the while.

Now tell me about your urban hobby farm. I'd really like to know.
>>
>>7268940
just for you i will post a little kale educational series on this here cambodian firestarting device makers board.
>>
>>7268497
Plantains, they are food of the god's especially as tostones or fufu
>>
File: 1380736617256.png (6KB, 252x256px) Image search: [Google]
1380736617256.png
6KB, 252x256px
>>7268531
1/10
>>
>>7269984
Celery root is better than celery, I hope you find it
>>
>>7270012
The fuck is an urban hobby farm?

You mean my garden? where else would i get the kale? ;)
>>
radishes, broccoli, asparagus and carrots.
>>
File: brock.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
brock.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>7268497
broccoli actually, used to hate it. but trying burnt broccoli made me fall in love. pic related
>>
I like broccoli and green beans.
Carrots are cool too.
>>
>>7268585
KP?
P
?
>>
>>7268497
Sweet peppers. I love how crisp they are.
>>
File: nomnom.jpg (477KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nomnom.jpg
477KB, 1920x1080px
>>7268505
>>7268543
>>7268719
>>7270202
>>7270240
>>7270278
best midnight snack
>>
File: brusselsproutsbaconmiso[1].jpg (1MB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
brusselsproutsbaconmiso[1].jpg
1MB, 1280x851px
>>7268497
I'm perfectly fine eating a bunch of these for dinner. Fucking delicious.
>>
Kale/cabbage/brussel sprouts, basically any vegi belonging to Brassica oleracea except cauliflower/broccoli.
>>
>>7268531
> hey vegans LEL BACON RITE? xD
>>
>>7268552
>brassicaceae
This. All forms of this vegetable are god tier.
>>
only gay guys eat salads
>>
Celery, corn, spinach, asparagus, cucumbers, mushrooms, and radishes are god tier for me.
>>
>>7270790
This is not incorrect
>>
>>7270790
That doesn't make any sense
Wouldn't it be more apt for gay guys to eat more meat than non gays?
>>
>>7270790
hahaha, I'm transgender and straight and I eat more salad than anyone in my family.

I guess I proved you wron

H8R B8R MASTRB8R
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.