[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm making bread and the recipe says to bake it at 400 for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Italian-Bread_2462.jpg (502KB, 2508x1672px) Image search: [Google]
Italian-Bread_2462.jpg
502KB, 2508x1672px
I'm making bread and the recipe says to bake it at 400 for 16 minutes. I'm not a very experienced baker, but that sounds pretty high.

Am I just dumb?
>>
What kind of bread? Smaller loaves and rolls bake at pretty high temps. 16 minutes isn't that long for bread, so 400 certainly doesn't sound to high.

I start bread that isn't enriched in a 550 degree oven and as soon as it's in, turn it down to the temp it's going to bake at. For maximum oven spring.
>>
>>7267743
It's a smaller (~2 cups) italian loaf.

Thanks, I guess it'll be fine then, I just didn't wanna wind up with a charcoal brick
>>
The more you bake, the more you'll get a feel for your oven, temp, and bake times. I bake my 900-1000g loafs at 350 for 40 minutes.
>>
>>7267751
Unfortunately my oven seems to go thermonuclear on anything put inside.

I'll just have to keep an eye on it
>>
400°C sounds pretty high, yes.
>>
>>7267769
Do you have an oven thermometer? You might need to calibrate it. The oven in my apartment was off by about 40 degrees before I adjusted it.
>>
>>7267777
>°C
civilized world pls go
>>
>>7267781
Shit, no I don't
It didn't even cross my mind that the oven could be off. Kinda daft in hindsight, but that definitely sounds like it could be the problem
>>
>>7267736
I bet that won't be enough time. Regardless, with that size loaf you have plenty of time to check on it to make sure you don't char it....
>>7267743
Reckon I'll have to try that...
>>
400 isn't that high.

Calzones cook at 500 for about 10 minutes and come out great.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.