[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I often see pictures of guys on /ck/ with big ol' containers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: restaurcontain.jpg (123KB, 872x584px) Image search: [Google]
restaurcontain.jpg
123KB, 872x584px
I often see pictures of guys on /ck/ with big ol' containers or bags of herbs and spices. Now, I walk into my local grocery store and a tiny thing of herbs/spices is often like $8 which is high in my opinion. Where does everyone get their spices from on the cheap? Do you use a bulk buy website that saves you on cost?
>>
>>7266479
Go to the markets.

But for home use you're better off buying smaller quantities so you restock frequently and always have fresher stuff. It's not that much more expensive.
>>
halal markets and asian markets have pretty cheap spices usually
>>
>>7266479
I get mine from the bulk section of my local HEB. You just fill up a bag with as much as you want and it's all super cheap.
>>
>>7266486
or buy whole spices and a grinder, homie
>>
herbco.com or the spice hut are good if you don't have a food co-op.
>>
>>7266479
How could you possible need that muc oregano unless you were operating a large italian restaurant or something
>>
anywhere that doesnt speak english
>>
>>7266563

That much oregano would last me about a year. Beats going out and buying smaller containers every month or so.
>>
>>7266479
>Basil Leaves, Whole
>Basil is clearly not hole
Fucking lying spice jew bullshit
>>
>>7266536
Non Mexican heb detected
>>
bulk barn
>>
>>7266479
My local food coop I used to live close to would sell all their spices in bulk. A bag of spices of the amount you would usually get in those small McCormick bottles would usually cost 30-40ยข.
Man, I miss that place.
>>
myspicesage.com for spices i cant find around me. for bulk shit i will either go to bj's or gfs. both stores have coupons or sales occasionally
>>
>>7266518
this
>>
>>7266572
Not really, because by the end of that year it will have barely any potency and basically be faintly-flavored dust. That being said, some things like garlic powder, onion powder, and crushed red pepper really don't lose their potency.
>>
>>7266479
Other than oregano and thyme I use fresh herbs. In summer I grow them, in winter I buy them, which can get expensive, so I'm careful about where I buy them (price varies widely).

For spices I have both a Middle Eastern and an Indian market not far from my place. The Middle Eastern place sells spices in bulk with a high turnover, so I buy things I use frequently there. The Indian market sells everything in -plastic packages, but the price and selection are both great. At home all the spices go into glass jars.

I also keep a dedicated electric coffee grinder that I use for spices, so I buy most whole. (They stay fresh much longer this way).
>>
Go to a Latino or Asian market. Spices are cheap as fuck, and usually better because most of their clientele know what that shit is supposed to taste like. Supermakets are trying to rip you off.

They're also a much better place to get things like avocados, because they're both cheaper usually sold when ripe or just about to be ripe. And get your rice there too.

Also beware of buying large containers of any spice you don't use very frequently. That shit loses its flavor over time.

For spices you don't use a lot, there are a couple of brands that have little envelopes with just a few portions of spices, and they're all less than a dollar. Great if you just need a handful of achiote seeds to make oil or just a couple cardamom pods for curry.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.