[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought some ribeyes today. Intend to make them for dinner, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: ribeye_boneless_choice_1.png (1MB, 1212x614px) Image search: [Google]
ribeye_boneless_choice_1.png
1MB, 1212x614px
Bought some ribeyes today. Intend to make them for dinner, but the problem is I don't have access to a grill.

How do I cook these fuckers up in a pan? Don't have cast iron so popping it in the oven is not a good idea with my shitty walmart pans.
>>
Fry them in bacon fat, rest them then hold them over an open flame for some char.
>>
Sear them on both sides, put them on a baking dish, and finish in a 325 F oven.
>>
If your oven can get to 500 degrees, put some kind of pan for drips on the lower level and put the steaks right on the rack like a grill. Some ovens I have done this and it works great. Others didn't get hot enough really and it didn't work so great.
>>
Season them, sear them in a bit of oil

Cook to desired internal temperature
>>
>>7264573

You don't have to have cast-iron to do the sear & finish in the oven method. However you do have to have an oven-safe pan. As long as there is no plastic or wood on your pan then it should be fine.

You can also use the broiler in your oven.
>>
>>7264573
Your oven probably has a broiler pan. sear in a frying pan, then finish it off in the broiler. Pay close attention to it. The broiler setting on the stove will cook it very quickly.
>>
If your oven is as well cleaned as mine you can put it on some aluminum foil too.
>>
Broil, boil, fry or just try the oven.
>>
>>7264586
>>7264592
I am an idiot and completely forgot about the broiler. Shows how often I use the damn thing.

I don't think my pans will be safe to use in the oven because they have those stupid squishy handles that I swear to god seem like they are gonna melt. Would I be able to maybe transfer to a brownie sheet with aluminum foil on it? That's kinda the best choice I've got otherwise.
>>
>>7264609
>Would I be able to maybe transfer to a brownie sheet with aluminum foil on it? That's kinda the best choice I've got otherwise.
Yes.
>>
>>7264609
You can. ideally you want to have it raised above the cookie sheet so it can drip. If you have a cooling rack or something to hold it up, you'd be better.
>>
>>7264615
>>7264618
Checking around I do have a rack I can use in the oven, so I can get that all set up and be ready to go.

Thanks a ton guys.
>>
>>7264573
oven @ 275 till desired temperature

sear in pan
>>
>>7264573

Sear them in a pan, then finish them in the oven wrapped in aluminum foil.
>>
>>7264741
That's actually probably the better approach.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.