[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: cadbury.jpg (65KB, 960x793px) Image search: [Google]
cadbury.jpg
65KB, 960x793px
What the fuck happened?
>>
I'm not sure, this thread just showed up
>>
Yanks.
>>
>>7264501
Recipe changed and they lost like £6 mil because 97% of people didn't like the new taste.
>>
What do you mean? Those things have always been disgusting
>>
>>7264508
This

Fuck Mondelēz (Kraft) with a rusty chainsaw.
>>
>>7264484
It looks like one of the chocolate eggs was partially unwrapped and bit into, allowing some of the filling to begin flowing out. The egg was then leaned against another egg to keep it from falling over for a sort of photogenic effect.
>>
>>7264508
>>7264512
>>7264514
>Research by trade magazine The Grocer found that the Creme Egg was the biggest loser after US owner Mondelez sparked controversy in Britain by replacing the Dairy Milk in its recipe with cheaper chocolate.

kek

Once again Yanks: no one wants your disgusting vomit wax. You do not know how to make chocolate. Stop pretending you do.
>>
>>7264519
>call it cadbury creme egg
>not even using cadbury dairy milk

What the fuck were they expecting?
>>
>>7264522
>What the fuck were they expecting?

That non-Americans would be as gullible and tasteless as Americans and not notice the difference.

Even now, after a $13m drop in a single year, they are *still* insisting that the drop in sales isn't because they changed the recipe. What a bunch of fucking mopes.
>>
>>7264519

Making British chocolate even worse is quite an achievement.
>>
>>7264519
>thinking that Hershey's and Nestle are the only American chocolate makers

Come on anon, this is some really shitty bait. Try harder next time.
>>
I thought they were british, did they get bought out by americans or something?
>>
Started cutting them with breadcrumbs
>>
>>7264539
>did they get bought out by americans

Yes, and then the Americans proceeded to fuck up & fuck over.
>>
>>7264531
I thought nestle was swiss
>>
>>7264484
>americans in charge of confectionary

a shame too since creme eggs used to be lovely
>>
File: American Chocolate.jpg (50KB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
American Chocolate.jpg
50KB, 480x204px
>>7264531

>M-muh microchocolateries
>>
>>7264560
It is, he doesn't know what he's talking about, but we already knew that because he thinks America can make decent chocolate.
>>
>In 2015, the British Cadbury company under the American Mondelēz International conglomerate announced that it had changed the formula of the Cadbury Creme Egg by replacing its Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate with "standard cocoa mix chocolate". It had also reduced the packaging from 6 eggs to 5 with a less than proportionate decrease in price.[16][17][18] This resulted in a large number of complaints from consumers.[19] Analysts IRI found that Cadbury lost more than $12 million in Creme Egg sales in the UK.[20]

lel
>>
I remember when I was a kid and I put one of these in my pocket to free up my hands. I forgot about it, and stuck my hand in my pocket at the end of the day. It was a pretty horrifying experience.
>>
>Promise not to close the Birmingham factory - Does it immeadiatly after acquiring the company
>Promise not to change recipes - Does so anyway
>Change the shape of the bars from the god tier square chunk to the shitty rounded ones

Kraft, not even once. The only decent thing they've done with the brand is the Oreo Dairy Milk flavour because that's ok.
>>
>>7264827
>Promise not to close the Birmingham factory - Does it immeadiatly after acquiring the company

It was the Keynsham (nr. Bristol) factory, but yes they're cunts.
>>
I stopped buying all Cadbury products after the murkins taken it over - high prices and that vomit taste they love in the chocolate.

I find the Lidl imitations of the original chocs so much nicer and MUCH CHEAPER than the brand names... Made in the EU too and not in some 3rd world state of the USA.
>>
>>7264567
>arguing to the populace
nice fallacy
>>
>>7264484
Didnt dum amerifat kid choke on prize inside and die? Now it filled with creme?

lel, ameriburger ruin everything
>>
>>7264916
I don't know why but Lidl and Aldi have the best milk and white chocolate I've tasted.
>>
>>7264484
Your dad accidentally squirted you into your mum, and now here we are 20 or 30 some odd years later.
>>
>>7264916
I might have to give their chocolate a taste.
>>
File: free-lindor-lindt-chocolate-jpg.jpg (291KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
free-lindor-lindt-chocolate-jpg.jpg
291KB, 1600x1200px
>>7264916
>>7265187
>>7265289
I'm not some nationalist asshole or anything, but when it comes to chocolate, it's really best to go by place of production, not brand name. American chocolate is poisonous trash. British is hit and miss + dependant on taste. Best I found to be Belgian, Swiss and German in no particular order, although German chocolate seems to be more on the budget version, but still good.
>>
>>7264484

Ghirardelli and Manoa are better than British equivalents tbph

And Ghirardelli is made in California the same way it's always been
>>
The Tesco own brand milk chocolate is surprisingly ok, a bit like old Dairy Milk
>>
>>7264567
That doofus couldn't even spell 'American' right for their le ebin reaction image. You sure got me there.

Yeah Hershey's tastes like shit cause of the butyric acid. That's why I don't buy it.

There's still plenty of good American chocolate. The UK makes OK chocolate but Germany, Austria, and Switzerland rule European chocolate hands down.
>>
>>7264529
Yeah right, cadbury dairy chocolate is far superior to anything from america, you LITERALLY have a chocolate that tastes of vomit.

Stay away from chocolate amerifats.
>>
>>7264567

>guittard
>ghirardelli
>sharffen berger

"microchocolateries"
>>
>>7264916
>3rd world state of the USA.
>Most Euro countries lag behind Mississippi, the shittiest state in the US
>>
>>7264484
Weren't they always arse? The filling is just sugar syrup.
>>
>>7265877
I can't imagine these 'statistics' which Americans like to throw around are representative at all. Because it's funny how America is supposedly always NUMBAH ONE !1!! in everything and when you look at reality, it is among the shittiest places, if not THE shittiest place in the entire Western world.
>>
>>7265922
The lower than Mississippi is a meme leftover from the great Riley and his pastas. It emerged by comparing two different ranking systems.
>>
>>7264484
I vaguely remember that when Creme Eggs in Australia went to shit a few years ago, it was said to be because they started making them by British standards. So, you know. What goes around comes around.
>>
So THAT'S why these things are so disgusting now.

I had a few as a kid and wanted to try again after 20 years so I picked one up from the gas station and it was puke nasty. Thought my tastes just changed.

But no, they changed the egg. baka
>>
>>7265618
>Stay away from chocolate amerifats.

That's going to be a challenge.
>>
File: sheila.jpg (87KB, 590x600px) Image search: [Google]
sheila.jpg
87KB, 590x600px
>>7264484
Big Strong Americans shitting in the britcucks mouth as usual for a laugh and they take it because britburkas are the biggest cuckholds in europe
>>
>>7265589
>Yeah Hershey's tastes like shit cause of the butyric acid.

Wait, is that why it smells sour? Fuck no wonder I don't like chocolate.
>>
>>7264514
>Mondelez
These fuckers ruined the majority of Europe's chocolate. Fucking niggers, it all tastes like the same mush of shit with different packaging now.
>>
>>7264519
>You do not know how to make chocolate. Stop pretending you do.
Amerifag here and I 100% agree our "chocolate" is not true chocolate and is comparably waxier and shittier because we insist on using vegetable oils in everything. But we make delicious Chocolatey type things and I will not apologize for Reeses.
>>
>>7266460
>because we insist on using vegetable oils in everything.

Why wouldn't we? Literally everything in America is made entirely of corn so it seems like an obvious choice.
>>
>>7266324
Could be. Butryic acid is found in vomit, and people from outside the US who eat Hershey's often say it does taste vaguely like vomit.

The moar you know
>>
>>7264916

Chocolate from Lidl is delicious.
>>
why doesn't british chocolate companies just not sell their companies? It's almost as if they are hurting for money and dont care about you guys..
>>
There choclat tastes litrily of vomits
>>
File: 1451230683889.jpg (31KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
1451230683889.jpg
31KB, 440x660px
>Tfw American
>Tfw hershy and nestle are gross as shit
>Tfw pay the extra buck for import
>Dat Kinder chocolate
>Dem hippos
>Dat knowing the only good american chocolate comes from small companies feels bad bro
>>
>>7264484
Fat American's changed the recipe to their vomit chocolate
>>
>le american vomit chocolate maymay

why are you plebs buying poverty candy to begin with?
>>
>>7264484
Fuck Hershey
>>
>>7266573
>kinder
>good
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.