[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

think ants (or other insects) would be included in our daily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Ant-individual-.jpg (511KB, 1856x1172px) Image search: [Google]
Ant-individual-.jpg
511KB, 1856x1172px
think ants (or other insects) would be included in our daily diet any time soon?
they're pretty nutritious

I honestly can't wait for a time when genetically modified ants are being farmed like we do other animals
http://healthland.time.com/2013/08/21/why-eating-bugs-is-good-for-you-its-about-the-nutrients/slide/red-ant/

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/13/130514-edible-insects-entomophagy-science-food-bugs-beetles/
>>
>>7263833
I'm for it. I already feed my chickens soldier fly larva. Well. in season. It's 9 degrees F outside right now, and unless I want to heat the garage 24/7 the flies won't survive.

I've raised mealworms as well. Both are simple and cheap, and the mealworms are pretty tasty fried up with some onions and chilis. I usually just feed them to the chickens, but I was told they weren't bad, so I tried them.

The only thing you really need for the mealworms is 3 covered trays, some oats that work as food and bedding, and a moist vegetable of some type for water. I usually throw in a carrot.

We could get a lot of our protein from our own property if we would embrace the humble bug. That said, I'm not looking to eat that shit every day.
>>
>>7263855
Crickets, grasshoppers, and June bugs are also top tier. I've had june bugs; they are slightly sweet and delicious.
>>
My uncle bought back sonf fried grasshoppers from Ethiopia that were pretty good.
>>
Sago worms are god tier
>>
In the future, no. Insects will be more of a delicacy.
Nutritional yeast will most likely make up the largest part of the diet in the far future.
>>
If anything they'd be ground into a sort of protein powder and mixed into other things, while being given an unoffensive name that allows people to not think about where their food came from.

Fried crickets and meal worms served in first world restaurants is most likely only ever going to be a novelty.
>>
You know what I wanna try so bad? Lemon ants. They taste and smell just like lemons; and they're crunchy. Sounds like a win-win combo to me.
>>
File: 1422474281377.jpg (57KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
1422474281377.jpg
57KB, 576x324px
This is inago, a kind of grasshopper, pickled then simmered in sweet soy sauce. It can be found in Nagano, Japan.

I'm usually creeped out by most insects (yeah, you can call me a faggot) but I'd try this out of curiosity.
>>
i want ant mush for breakfast desu

gains for days
>>
>>7265934
This already happens; the protein used to fortify white flour is made of bugs.

If you eat wheat flour bread in America, you are eating bugs.
>>
>>7263833
I think it's bound to happen within the next ten years in the US. Culinarians have gotten really bold in the past few decades, always pushing the envelope and exploring new cuisine just because they can. Consumers are similarly more opened minded now and want to try new and different things in order to flaunt their modernity or whatever and rub it in each other's faces. Consuming insects for sustenance is probably more healthy than or at least as healthy as consuming other animals, and people love pretending to be healthy. Also I hear insect herding may be more environmentally friendly by comparison. The signs are all there...I won't be surprised if there's a huge boom in the entomophagy industry in the next decade. It seems appropriately futuristic.
>>
Disgusting. I am an upper tier mammal, not some lowly amphibian
>>
>>7266604
enjoy your protein deficiency when meats become expensive, m8
>>
>>7266663

>eat them now or else youll have a protein deficiency later

classic liberal logic
>>
I suspect as many people have said, that insects will become part of peoples diet before too long. I dare say it'll be in the form of 'cricket chips' or something along those lines. Bugs straight up is a hard sell, there would have to be a bridge between the two types of food.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.