[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: cabbage soup I have a head of cabbage, a small can of tomato

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

ITT: cabbage soup
I have a head of cabbage, a small can of tomato paste, and a carton of chicken stock.
can I make edible cabbage soup? I'm poor as fuck and also homeless right now but I don't want to waste my cabbage if the soup will be awful.

pic not related. tfw no lardon.
>>
>>7263715
what the fuck happened?
>>
If you like the taste of cabbage, it will be edible. If you have onions and carrots it will be pretty good. Flavor with caraway seeds and it's a great soup.
>>
>>7263728
I asked to borrow 2 carrots and an onion from the people I'm couch-surfing with right now and they were happy to share. that's a good step in the right direction. I also had an apple in my bag so I threw that in there. what the fuck, eh?

>>7263726
shit just happens
I have an awful family and I'm kinda crazy
I'm used to being homeless, it can be fun if you have couches or a shelter to sleep in at night
>>
can I change the topic of this thread to

ITT: homeless food
what are some good foods I can carry with me? preferably ones that don't need refrigerated although it's cold enough outside I might be alright. healthy stuff, not snacky shit.

I already have a big bag of almonds and some sunflower seeds. apples I like to keep. what else is nutrient-rich and easily portable? I won't always have access to a stove/kitchen so that's why I'm excited to make some warm soup.
>>
>>7263754

I assume homeless foods = student foods with less cooking.

Get tins of tuna for protein, tuna also goes with a lot of things if you don't mind the flavor to begin with. Other than that, just walk around a supermarket and look at dry foods and the nutrient contents on the back of the pack?
>>
>>7263785
I just need a lot of foods that don't require cooking or a can opener. cans of tuna is a good idea, I definitely will be picking some up with the rest of my foodstamps money.

what would you mix with it? obviously I'm not carrying a jar of mayonnaise.
>>
File: Snapchat-3640026426744141098.jpg (118KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3640026426744141098.jpg
118KB, 480x800px
update on cabbage soup
it's not lookin' so bad, guys
I've got cottage cheese containers to pack it up in for the road
>>
>>7263790

I mostly have it in sandwiches/toasted sandwiches with various herbs and spices.Otherwise noodles are great to mix with tuna, they obviously require cooking though.
You can always get flavored tuna if you don't like the taste of regular tuna.
>>
>>7263794
Shitty camera but the soup looks nice. How's the smell/taste?

>>7263790
Tuna goes well with rice/bread/pasta, tomatos, onion, pickles, celery or a mix of these. Also, dried meat (jerky etc.) doesn't need cooking and keeps well. Also, pemmican, certified hobo food. Look it up.
>>
>>7263802
I'm looking for how to just eat tuna plain. no heating, no cooking, but I can chop veggies up into it. I don't have constant access to herbs/spices.

>>7263815
yeah I know the camera is awful but it's the only one I've got. it smells really good and the broth tastes pretty good too, since I added an apple I used a bit of cinnamon and thyme and salt and pepper in the soup so it's like sweet/hearty and reminds me of autumn.

dried meat is really expensive for the quantity though. can you eat beans out of a can without heating them?
>>
>>7263824
>can you eat beans out of a can without heating them?
Yes, I've eaten them cold before. They're fully cooked and edible.
>>
>>7263824
Yes you can eat canned beans without reheating them. However, it is adviced that you do heat them.

I usually eat them without heating, but I got allergy toward one of the products they use on the can, to conserve the beans - so I leave out the juice, and only eat the beans. It's not a strong allergy, but it does cause the skin on my face to feel more rough for a day.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.