[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I make anything that tastes really good? The flavor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1351141966315.jpg (93KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
1351141966315.jpg
93KB, 900x300px
Why can't I make anything that tastes really good? The flavor never enters the food, it merely sits atop it as if it were added after being prepared. No matter the method, whether it be baked, braised, barbecued, poached, or slow cooked for 8 hours, it is never satisfying.
>>
>>7263033
That image is from many 4chan posts ago.
You're a seasoned troll.
Now learn to season your food.
>>
>>7263033
You have to go into detail. Add the salt and seasoning at the beginning of (or even before) the cooking process to meld.
>>
The thing is, if we could watch you cook something we could definitely help you. But we don't know why your food sucks without information.
>>
>>7263033

add salt dummy
>>
>>7263033
You need to cut it with bread crumbs
>>
>>7263043
Thank you, truly inspirational

>>7263053
>>7263072
Most of the seasonings I use already have salt in them, Should I just dump more salt on top of it?

>>7263065
I've got some chicken drumsticks here i want to bake. If i season them and throw them in the oven, they'll come out bland. For something that simple, what would you do?
>>
>>7263085
Use your tongue. Is it bland? Add salt. Did you oversalt it? Well, that's a life lesson to tell you how much salt is enough.

That being said, it may not be just salt.
>>
File: 1452480807391.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1452480807391.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
NOT ONE OF YOUR FUCKING MORONS EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT THE OBVIOUS?

OP - GET BETTER, FRESHER INGREDIENTS.
>>
>>7263090
What may it be, then, if not salt? I've over seasoned before and seeing as how it was all stuck to the surface, I just scrape the shit off.

>>7263097
How to get fresher ingredients than the FRESH MEAT section at my local grocer? How much does it cost to raise and slaughter a pig?
>>
>>7263119
You've already said you don't add salt, so that's probably it. Could be underseasoning, could be not starting seasonings/ingredients early enough, could be lack of browning ingredients (maillard reaction), not enough alliums, etc.
>>
take it to flavortown
>>
>>7263033
>using recommended amounts of spices in recipes
>>
>>7263043
That image is from PBF, a very popular comic that everybody knows about.
>>
Give us an example of a dish you make.
>>
>>7263156
>>7263119
get organic, grass-fed steaks if you need steaks.
>>
>>7263033
Use salt and pepper.

Taste things as you go. Most recipes are way too conservative on the amounts of seasonings/sauces you should add and if you're tasting as you go you can adjust the flavour to suit you.
>>
>>7263085
>I've got some chicken drumsticks here i want to bake. If i season them and throw them in the oven, they'll come out bland. For something that simple, what would you do?

Season them with what?

Of course they'll be bland.

In the oven you get little in the way of browning. If you put salt and pepper on chicken drumsticks and bake them they'll probably come out grey and looking like death.

Marinate them in something for 4+ hours or overnight. Use strong flavours like soy sauce or lemon or mustard.

Food doesn't just get magically good because you sprinkled on some italian seasoning before baking.
>>
>>7263033
Add msg,butter,salt,pepper,garlic,onions to everything savory
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.